Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Butterfly Ryu Seung Min Blade

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
beaubo2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beaubo2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Butterfly Ryu Seung Min Blade
    Posted: 02/05/2010 at 11:43pm

Can anyone tell me something about the blade? how long had it been in stores? how many were made? sold? Anything. I am in position to buy one now, so any info's welcome. thanks.

Sponsored Links

tiehwen View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiehwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/05/2010 at 11:51pm
as far as I know, it was discontinued when RSM switched to be sponsored by Xiom nos. of years ago.  I thought or I was led to believe that RSM actually used KTS Red Jpen years n years ago.
Jpenmaster might know alot re: this Btfly RSM Jpen. Shoot him a PM to wake him up and I'm sure he'd be happy to enlighten us all.

Bleachfan92 might know this as well...
jpenmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpenmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/05/2010 at 11:57pm
Yeah Butterfly made them right before the Olympics he won Gold at. He used the Bfly KTS while he was sponsored by Bfly. He switched to Xiom right around the Olympics so the Butterfly RSM was a very short run of blades. I think Butterfly quit making the KTS when the RSM was available and once Ryu left shortly after the new Blue version of KTS came out. Nice blade for a collection but is basically a re badged KTS
beaubo2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beaubo2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/06/2010 at 12:01am
any idea how much does it worth now since it was so limited?
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpenmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/06/2010 at 12:02am

Depends if it new or used. I would say used it is worth $200 and new could be $300-$500. I have seen them on some chinese sites before for a lot of $$$. In this economy i would guess around $350
beaubo2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beaubo2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/06/2010 at 12:06am
thank you very much. it's beautiful.
tiehwen View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiehwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/06/2010 at 12:07am
beaubo2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beaubo2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/06/2010 at 12:11am

will you sell?Big%20smile

bleachfan92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bleachfan92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/06/2010 at 9:27am
definetely not a re badged kts. if you notice the old kim taek soo and cypress max has a different head shape. kts is slightly rounder.
Axio View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Axio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/06/2010 at 10:07am
Originally posted by bleachfan92 bleachfan92 wrote:

definetely not a re badged kts. if you notice the old kim taek soo and cypress max has a different head shape. kts is slightly rounder.

I thought Xiom rsm, KTS, darker speed 70 and the KKT have the same head shapes??

is that true?
"Member of Single Ply Hinoki Club"

BTY Special 10mm 84g + HEXER HD

BTY Special 10mm 84g + HEXER HD

BTY Kim Taek Soo Special 10mm 88g + HEXER HD

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bleachfan92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/06/2010 at 10:13am
of course not. speed 70 is much smaller. they all have slight variations. impossible to be the same since they all come from diff factories ie diff machines.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpenmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/06/2010 at 10:44am
The Butterfly RSM had the same head shape as KTS. I use to play with KTS and when the RSM came out i purchased one from Iruiru ( around 2004) and my rubbers were a direct switch. Maybe there was a 1mm difference but it was not noticeable.Bfly likes that 135mm width and usually only varies the length a mm except for the CPL. Yeah different manufacturers use their own blade shape. Generally smaller heads are faster this is why i like Kokutaku. I think with the glue ban you will see a lot more smaller
head blades in fact the new Xiom RSM JP special has a nearly identical shape as my Kokutaku .

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bleachfan92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/06/2010 at 12:07pm
its just a very small difference. if you still have the blades maybe you can make a comparison. smaller is faster is true and its easier to switch forehand to back hand, more flexible. but more powerful is defintely wrong. go further from the table and the smaller surface blades are actually weaker. in the past they used to use the smaller surface blades (eg during the small ball era like cho tokusen A by nittaku) and after the big ball came into picture most producers switched into bid surface blades production. bty has small surface custom mades which i tried before and its really weaker than the big surface ones.
beaubo2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beaubo2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/09/2010 at 2:46am

does anyone have one to sell? I will pay good $.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpenmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/09/2010 at 8:55am
some of the chinese sites still have them . They are around $500USD
Nori View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/13/2010 at 4:31pm
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpenmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/13/2010 at 6:20pm
Nice, is this yours?
OSP Expert II w DNA Dragon Grip
Nori View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/13/2010 at 6:36pm
I wish
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic