Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Czech Open 2013 - Videos

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
Ciprian View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ciprian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Czech Open 2013 - Videos
    Posted: 08/24/2013 at 1:34pm
I hope some one will post some videos.
Now playing   our little Shiono (he's doing well) vs Sirucek .
Xi Enting
FH-Aurus Sound
BH- Pryde 30
ttman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/24/2013 at 1:50pm
Filus vs shiono should be interesting
JimT View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/24/2013 at 6:08pm
I was rather shocked that Machado beat Shibaev 4-0 (!). He must be in a really good form, he also beat Takakiwa the day before.

Meanwhile, Japanese won both U-21 events.
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member
Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...
igorponger View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igorponger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/24/2013 at 6:32pm
SHIONO LEADS THE SPORT.

Masato Shiono, low_rated japanee boy of weird playing style, did crashed down all the top europeans

--- In the land of the blind the one-eyed boy is a king.

Europa proved to be totally unable to deal well with defensive style !!!
Renaissance of the defender's supremacy in the sport is coming on. This is my vision of our sport's main trand in the future days.

ZApenholder View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZApenholder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/24/2013 at 6:42pm
Igorponger,

I haven't followed much defensive play outside China.

During the recent Attack vs Defensive Challenge hosted by CNT Women's Team.
Both I witness and as well as commentated by key officials, the standard of Defensive in Europe is not very high - why is that?

Most of the point won be the "defender" was from attack.
When on defensive mode, majority of the time the point gets lost.

Interesting to know the problem, in South Africa, Defense play in non existance.

I think I should start a seperate thread for this

Edited by ZApenholder - 08/24/2013 at 6:49pm
President & Head Coach
Tony's Table Tennis
(Shop, Academy, Agency)
Yasaka Sponsored Coach
naijachief View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naijachief Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/24/2013 at 7:12pm
Originally posted by JimT JimT wrote:

I was rather shocked that Machado beat Shibaev 4-0 (!). He must be in a really good form, he also beat Takakiwa the day before.

Yea, Shibaev looked completely lost in that match. Machado has been very impressive in this tournament.

who no know go know
ejmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/24/2013 at 7:30pm
If Machado won Shibaev and Robinot he can manage to win ruwen and shiono.
He played with he zhi wen several years and won him some times.
He can deal with weird playing styles.

Edited by ejmaster - 08/24/2013 at 7:33pm
EJ Club.

MM T05(fh)/Srvfx(bh); InfVps,LSW,Viscaria,RwV,TBAlc,PG7,yextsc,yeo. EJmaster wood.
amateur View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amateur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/24/2013 at 10:38pm
Originally posted by igorponger igorponger wrote:

Masato Shiono, low_rated japanee boy of weird playing style, did crashed down all the top europeans

--- In the land of the blind the one-eyed boy is a king.

Europa proved to be totally unable to deal well with defensive style !!!

Shiono was also "king" at the Japan Open in June - beating 9 Asian players to win the title. I guess you missed that, that's "weird".

At the US Open on the other hand, he lost to a European boy named Zoran Primorac.
JacekGM View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JacekGM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/24/2013 at 11:08pm
Originally posted by JimT JimT wrote:

Regarding Shibaev... he has real physical talent, yet his game has never been that consistently effective, so far...
Achanta lost a good match against Gorak. 
Biggest surprise to me was the loss of Simon Gauzy to Calderano.
(1) Juic SBA (Fl, 85 g) with Bluefire JP3 (red max) on FH and 0.6 mm DR N Desperado on BH; (2) Yinhe T7 (Fl, 87 g) with Bluefire M3 (red 2.0) on FH and 0.6 mm 755 on BH.
Ciprian View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ciprian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/25/2013 at 6:39am
The semi started promising for Machado.
Xi Enting
FH-Aurus Sound
BH- Pryde 30
ejmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/25/2013 at 7:42am
Machado is a blocker. In some way he has a similar game as Eugene Wang. Both with not much footwork but a very good bh game.
Shibaev rely too much in his cross looping game with a good service. But this game does not hurt a good blocker.
About playing mixed game people machado as eugene have a good set of skill shots to play. As forecasted machado 4 ruwen 0.
On the contrary shibaev has trouble against mix-def players. Or you have the technique or not to play against mix players.

Edited by ejmaster - 08/25/2013 at 7:47am
EJ Club.

MM T05(fh)/Srvfx(bh); InfVps,LSW,Viscaria,RwV,TBAlc,PG7,yextsc,yeo. EJmaster wood.
vvk1 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vvk1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/25/2013 at 7:43am
Is anyone else watching the other semi Gorak v Shiono? Amazing attacking from Gorak and even more amazing defending from Shiono. IMHO, Shiono is the next JSH, no doubt.
vvk1 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vvk1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/25/2013 at 8:11am

Alexander Shibaev gets angry at the Czech Open 2013 (thanks ttlondon2012):

I cannot believe that a professional TT player would behave like this ... 
naijachief View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naijachief Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/25/2013 at 9:18am
Originally posted by vvk1 vvk1 wrote:

Alexander Shibaev gets angry at the Czech Open 2013

You must have not watched Michael Maze in his prime....he had more than enough of these type of incidents. lol
who no know go know
DHSHurricane View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DHSHurricane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/25/2013 at 10:36am
I can actually hear and understand the coaching of Li Jiao
Ciprian View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ciprian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/25/2013 at 10:47am
What she  said?
Xi Enting
FH-Aurus Sound
BH- Pryde 30
amateur View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amateur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/25/2013 at 10:59am

Is anyone else watching the other semi Gorak v Shiono? Amazing attacking from Gorak and even more amazing defending from Shiono. IMHO, Shiono is the next JSH, no doubt.

Shiono is already 27 years old, let's hope he has some good years left in him. Needs to remain very fit and fast to be successful at the highest level.
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZApenholder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/25/2013 at 11:03am
Originally posted by naijachief naijachief wrote:

Alexander Shibaev gets angry at the Czech Open 2013

You must have not watched Michael Maze in his prime....he had more than enough of these type of incidents. lol

I can't believe that was only a yellow card offense.
That to me clearly is a red card offense, or did the umpire give him a yellow card (caution) and said, don't do that again? lol
President & Head Coach
Tony's Table Tennis
(Shop, Academy, Agency)
Yasaka Sponsored Coach
assiduous View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote assiduous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/25/2013 at 11:12am
Originally posted by amateur amateur wrote:

Shiono is already 27 years old, let's hope he has some good years left in him. Needs to remain very fit and fast to be successful at the highest level.

talk for yourself. I can't stand another minute of this clown. This is not a circus. It just physically bothers me to watch him running around. 
puppy412 : Sorry man, I don't mean to sound disrespectful, but I know that more training will make me better, I don't need to come here to figure that out
assiduous View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote assiduous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/25/2013 at 11:12am
i hope they test him for drugs. He's clearly sniffing the good stuff. 
puppy412 : Sorry man, I don't mean to sound disrespectful, but I know that more training will make me better, I don't need to come here to figure that out
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZApenholder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/25/2013 at 11:16am
lol Assiduous
I don't see any circus or clowns. What good stuff is causing your vision?
President & Head Coach
Tony's Table Tennis
(Shop, Academy, Agency)
Yasaka Sponsored Coach
assiduous View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote assiduous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/25/2013 at 11:17am
little coward just sits on the back and waits for an error or some popup that is easy prey. and waiting for his opponent to get frustrated mad and his quality go down because of anger. And then somebody comes and say what a great player he is. Player, right
stiltt View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/25/2013 at 11:18am
final is on the way on ittv; the chopper is dominating insolently.
amateur View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amateur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/25/2013 at 11:19am
Originally posted by ZApenholder ZApenholder wrote:

That to me clearly is a red card offense, or did the umpire give him a yellow card (caution) and said, don't do that again? lol

You seem to be confusing table tennis with football.

There is no "straight red" in table tennis. For a first offense the umpire has to give a yellow card (and I'm sure Shibaev knew that very well Wink)

If it's really serious, then the umpire should report to the referee, who could issue a disqualification.
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZApenholder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/25/2013 at 11:22am

Originally posted by ZApenholder ZApenholder wrote:

You seem to be confusing table tennis with football.

There is no "straight red" in table tennis. For a first offense the umpire has to give a yellow card (and I'm sure Shibaev knew that very well Wink)

If it's really serious, then the umpire should report to the referee, who could issue a disqualification.

Well, I wasn't really a problem child Wink

Either way, that to me is a disqualification offense already
Its worse than kicking barrier or throwing your bat.

and the thing is that nothing will happen to him after the match, very good role model this Shibaev guy, very good.

President & Head Coach
Tony's Table Tennis
(Shop, Academy, Agency)
Yasaka Sponsored Coach
amateur View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amateur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/25/2013 at 11:22am
Oh no, the ass-troll is back! Still doesn't have a clue about the beauty of defensive table tennis.

Another great tournament by Masato Shiono, what a superb athlete and artist. Clap
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZApenholder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/25/2013 at 11:25am
Originally posted by assiduous assiduous wrote:

little coward just sits on the back and waits for an error or some popup that is easy prey. and waiting for his opponent to get frustrated mad and his quality go down because of anger. And then somebody comes and say what a great player he is. Player, right

lol, this is what you call competition, or sports, or even battles.
Different ways to win, as long as it is considered sportsmanship, I don't think there is a problem.

And if there is a problem, then don't loose and let result speak for it self.
I've been laughing at the Ashes media going on between Aus and England right now, so much chirping going on, but they just can't deliver the result. Only talk, no action. lol
President & Head Coach
Tony's Table Tennis
(Shop, Academy, Agency)
Yasaka Sponsored Coach
Roger Stillabower View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roger Stillabower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/25/2013 at 11:26am
The game of TT is getting the ball back, regardless of offense or defense more than the other guy, am I right ?   
Shifter
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZApenholder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/25/2013 at 11:28am

Oh no, the ass-troll is back! Still doesn't have a clue about the beauty of defensive table tennis.

Another great tournament by Masato Shiono, what a superb athlete and artist. Clap

In a way, I wanted Machado to win, since he had so many upsets in a row. But I guess it can be clearly pointed out that Europeans don't produce good choppers, so the players there are not comfortable to play against top level choppers.

China for example will have 2 to 3 choppers as training partners just to make sure they have "all possiblities" covered, especially after 2003
President & Head Coach
Tony's Table Tennis
(Shop, Academy, Agency)
Yasaka Sponsored Coach
vvk1 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vvk1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/25/2013 at 11:43am
The women's final was also won by a chopper (Victoria Pavlovich). Anyone remembers when was the last pro tour event won by two choppers (well, modern defenders to be precise), if ever? 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic