0 [0.00%]
1 [2.78%]
3 [8.33%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
stiltt View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/03/2019 at 1:54am
Of course we know why the Viscaria is that much hyped and deserves its throne too, as a blade actually used by so many at the highest level for so long; and the variants!

The KLS/KLP and its hinoki outer is to me the king of hearts among ALC blades though, only 5 plies, outer hinoki, alc, kiri core, that's it, a pure marvel on its simplicity isn't it? and it plays soft and bouncy!

Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/03/2019 at 5:49pm
And yet among all those legendary blades including Kong Linghui Special ( which had a handle sizeds eemingly for young girls) only one is still widely used among top players; indeed more than when it was first introduced.  That is the Viscaria, and it has been copied a lot.  Several ot the others mentioned have been discontinued.

With that said it is hard to entirely figure out what the OP was asking, and I still vote for speed glue.

Sponge is probably an even better answer.  I change my vote to that.

Edited by Baal - 11/03/2019 at 5:52pm
penholderxxx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote penholderxxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/03/2019 at 9:20pm
How about the ' new age ' plastic ping pong ball then ? 
  Otherwise, we would still be using rubber balls.
Iloveplayingtabletennis
Fulanodetal View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fulanodetal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/04/2019 at 2:39pm
"How about the ' new age ' plastic ping pong ball then ? "

how is a product that came out in recent years represent the History of Table tennis? :P

FdT
Simas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/04/2019 at 7:00pm
Originally posted by liulin04 liulin04 wrote:

wow, i'm surprised people actually consider Mark V to be the best representation of the history of tt.  The speed glue and sriver made sense...
Drop here!

+1
Stiga Offensive Classic Legend
DHS Hurricane Neo3
Donic Bluefire JP01 Turbo
liulin04 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liulin04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/04/2019 at 9:47pm
Originally posted by Baal Baal wrote:

And yet among all those legendary blades including Kong Linghui Special ( which had a handle sizeds eemingly for young girls) only one is still widely used among top players; indeed more than when it was first introduced.  That is the Viscaria, and it has been copied a lot.  Several ot the others mentioned have been discontinued.

With that said it is hard to entirely figure out what the OP was asking, and I still vote for speed glue.

Sponge is probably an even better answer.  I change my vote to that.

i merely started this poll to see if there is another product out that that is a good representation of table tennis, instead of the Mark V that was proclaimed by certain website.  
mykonos96 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykonos96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/04/2019 at 11:39pm
Originally posted by Simas Simas wrote:

Originally posted by liulin04 liulin04 wrote:

wow, i'm surprised people actually consider Mark V to be the best representation of the history of tt.  The speed glue and sriver made sense...
Drop here!

+1

I think sriver sold more thsn mark v but in an interview of a DHS executive said hurricane makes like 3x more money than tenergy
chop4ever View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chop4ever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/05/2019 at 12:41am
The net.
Without the net, there is no table tennis!
Equipment Alchemist
DHS PPK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DHS PPK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/05/2019 at 3:09am
Chinese table tennis total domination is arguably the product of table tennis history.

Chinese produce players and coaches for not only the CNT but as far as wide as micro nations Monaco and Luxembourg to large nations USA and Canada.

Rules are constantly changed and adapted to limit their domination with examples including number of player entries to prevent continuation of Olympic full clean sweeps and arguably service rule changes and eleven point system to level up the playing field.

The Chinese Super League is by far the most significantly challenging competition as only the very best of the rest can play at that highest tournament level.

CNT recognises this and has made efforts in spreading the love and passion for the sport with numerous initiatives such as co training with numerous other national associations as well as providing training in China.

So arguably like it or hate it China and Chinese worldwide table tennis phenomenon is a product of table tennis history?
Da Hot Shot Ping Pong King - Ping Pong Fung Fu - shake hand Shoaling + pen hold flying dagger style
Loop to kill not kill to loop - gifted by nature - lazy by choice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote penholderxxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/05/2019 at 6:17am
"How about the ' new age ' plastic ping pong ball then ? "

how is a product that came out in recent years represent the History of Table tennis? :P

FdT

'...........recent years ......' ?

They have been around for more than one hundred years. LOL

Iloveplayingtabletennis
Fulanodetal View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fulanodetal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/06/2019 at 12:42pm
""How about the ' new age ' plastic ping pong ball then ? "

FdT

'...........recent years ......' ?

They have been around for more than one hundred years. LOL"

Pretty sure "NEW AGE" refers to the new balls not the celluloid ones.

FdT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote penholderxxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/06/2019 at 8:31pm
celluliod is plastic.
  but agree, ' new age ' may not be the most appropriate reference.

Iloveplayingtabletennis
achoomai View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote achoomai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/07/2019 at 6:47pm
Dr.Neubauer Superblock for frictionless pip.
My feedback : http://www.mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=58844&PN=1#726094
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic