Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Good TT players advised to stay out of Presott, Az
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Good TT players advised to stay out of Presott, Az

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
mjamja View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote mjamja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Good TT players advised to stay out of Presott, Az
    Posted: 11/01/2019 at 1:34am
The Goose Isand Traveling Table Tennis Club was scheduled to be in Prescott, Az for a few days last week.  At the last minute, a strong cold front was forecast to bring 23 deg temps and 12+ hours below freezing to the Prescott area.  Since I was born and raised in South Texas I avoid even opening the freezer section of the refrigerator unless Blue Bell ice cream is involved.  Needless to say, I called up and let the club know that I was not coming.

I found out that Steve (clubs best player ~2200) had just had his middle finger on his racket hand bitten almost off by his dog and was out for several months.  The second best player our forums own Tommyzai had somehow managed to stick his head into a running ceiling fan and was out of action.  The 3rd best player had a double hernia and was waiting for surgery.  The number 4 player had just twisted an ankle or knee out hiking and was not available to play.

When I told Steve that I was glad I decided not to come since I might get injured too he reminded me that I was quite safe since it was only the "good" players that were getting hurt.  After realizing the truth in his words I drove the 120 mile round trip up to Prescott from my warm desert RV park for one days play.  Had a great time, played some, coached some, and had Steve show me that even left handed he still could handle me.  Missed seeing tommyzai for the second time in a row.  I am starting to think he may be TT version of Bigfoot.

Just be advised, if you are truly a "good" player stay out of Prescott, Az or at least pick up a couple of good karma crystals in Sedona before you go there.

Mark -   Still not good at TT, but at least uninjured from his visit.

Dream1700 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Dream1700 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/01/2019 at 9:39am
ClapBig smile
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/03/2019 at 1:39am
POUND dat LIKE button that isn't there.

(but yeah, there is a THANKS link)
Korea Foreign Table Tennis Club
Search for us on Facebook: koreaforeignttc
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic