Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - ace serve along the line from pendulum position
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

ace serve along the line from pendulum position

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
stiltt View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ace serve along the line from pendulum position
    Posted: 11/13/2019 at 5:20pm
Those ace serves are rare and the value of scoring one is higher than just a point.

From that typical bh corner position to execute a pendulum serve, look at what LSW does and pay attention to the racket angle and trajectory at contact, there is much to learn in the way she does it. 

We all have our little personal references, I for example limit my thoughts to hitting fast the table very close to the corner, with contact 10 cm above the table plane. She adds a leftwards force to keep the ball as left as possible (she almost misses btw) after contacting 

Thanks to the Ping Attitude channel on youtube, new video provider brought to the community by forum member Ping Attitude.

Welcome to the forums and thanks for your work!

Edited by stiltt - 11/13/2019 at 6:34pm
blahness View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blahness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/13/2019 at 5:34pm
It's quite hard to master because of the shorter length of the table to work with. I need to learn how to serve this consistently!
-------
Hurricane Long 5

FH: Hurricane 8
BH: TinArc 5
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic