Help Desk Help Desk  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Nittaku Hammond Z2 review
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nittaku Hammond Z2 review

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/01/2022 at 2:59am
Originally posted by anubhav1984 anubhav1984 wrote:

Originally posted by stiltt stiltt wrote:

I played it a bit on a Xiom Vega Pro 84g and it was very stiff and hard, not enjoyable. It seems that rubber will do better on a thicker blade with softer outer. I will try it next week on my rings of saturn
What is rings of saturn? Tell me more. That looks beautiful. ShockedShockedShocked
the blade in my avatar. right click, copy, paste in irfanview or something. 
Sponsored Links

stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/01/2022 at 3:01am
anubhav1984 do you want to test the Z2 before I ship to zhuangcorp since you are in my neighborhood? (sorry I did not think of you, with covid I lost a lot of people).

Edited by stiltt - 10/01/2022 at 3:04am
anubhav1984 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anubhav1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/01/2022 at 3:22am

anubhav1984 do you want to test the Z2 before I ship to zhuangcorp since you are in my neighborhood? (sorry I did not think of you, with covid I lost a lot of people).
No worries at all, my friend. I have a couple of sheets of z2 myself that I acquired with a nittaku tornado king speed from this forum, so I got a chance to test it already.
What is that blade though Tongue
Butterfly Viscaria FL
FH - Undecided
BH - Undecided
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/01/2022 at 3:24am
we need to play lol
anubhav1984 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote anubhav1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/01/2022 at 3:27am

we need to play lol
Yeah... Let me coordinate with you on fb. Let's target to play sometime next week if you have time. 
Butterfly Viscaria FL
FH - Undecided
BH - Undecided
LOG1C1AN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LOG1C1AN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/01/2022 at 7:15pm
I had trouble taming it on my forehand. But I sold a sheet of it to a young player who is a student of Grace Lin. He uses the Timo Boll ALC. His forehand went from 1200 level to 1500 level within 20 minutes of using it. He wasn't brushing the ball, but his drives were much better. He was using Tenergy 05 previously.

Edited by LOG1C1AN - 10/01/2022 at 7:16pm
ashishsharmaait View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ashishsharmaait Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/02/2022 at 8:16am
I found it a bit soft for my taste on the FH, which one would suspect of a 48-49 degree rubber. The most surprising thing about this rubber is the instant peak in catapult once you put in minor effort. Think of Dignics 64 with a bit more feeling.
Catenaccio View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Catenaccio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/25/2022 at 7:23am
I made a "cheapo" review of the Nittaku Hammond Z2. I don't have a state-of-the-art camera nor a microphone. However, I tried my best under the circumstances. I was curious how much effort is involved in making such a review. It turns out it's too much work 😄

Hope it's helpful for some people.

Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ashishsharmaait Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/25/2022 at 8:02am
Good review. My suggestion is that to get the most out of this rubber against backspin, drive forward instead of brush upward.

Edited by ashishsharmaait - 10/25/2022 at 8:03am
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/25/2022 at 4:30pm
Today I shipped LOG1C1AN's Z2 rubber to forum member zhuangcorp who will share his review here. He said his friends at his club will be happy to do the same.

I used it for a few minutes on a Vega Pro blade and it is super fast but not that bouncy. It is somehow low throw and very predictable, it definitely could work for me, I might get some in 2.0 in the future for my main blade in my avatar.

Forum member Leftstudio (usatt 2100-2200) tried it too and said it was too stiff and did not provide enough feel. He uses Boosted Hurricane 3 though and that might explain. Maybe he will develop.

Thank you for the opportunity LOG1C1AN.

Catenaccio View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catenaccio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/26/2022 at 7:18pm
Originally posted by ashishsharmaait ashishsharmaait wrote:

Good review. My suggestion is that to get the most out of this rubber against backspin, drive forward instead of brush upward.

Thanks for the comment and the suggestion.
merlin el mago View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote merlin el mago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/27/2022 at 8:15am
I love my Z2
No more political prisoners in Catalonia.
waingro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote waingro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/18/2022 at 10:13pm

I do not see any disadvantages of this rubber over D64. It is a touch below D80 if you play long distance, but the same performance at mid-distance and better closer to the table.
I will not be going back to D80 after this rubber, its half the price and the same performance for my game (loop/drive on both ends, playing mid-distance)
Thanks for your detailed review!  How is the durability so far compared to Tenergy/Dignics? 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ashishsharmaait Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/20/2022 at 3:33am
The durability is OK. It is definitely not as durable as Dignics, but nearly the same as Tenergy 80/05.
It has a lower throw, so its not a 1-1 replacement. Especially if you play beyond 5-6 feet from the table, the effort required is much higher.

Up to 3-5 feet from the table, it is way better than anything else I have tried, especially on the BH, where you drive more. If you tend to drive forward as you loop, this is also a great fit for the FH.
Magic_M View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magic_M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/20/2022 at 3:55am

The durability is OK. It is definitely not as durable as Dignics, but nearly the same as Tenergy 80/05.
It has a lower throw, so its not a 1-1 replacement. Especially if you play beyond 5-6 feet from the table, the effort required is much higher.

Up to 3-5 feet from the table, it is way better than anything else I have tried, especially on the BH, where you drive more. If you tend to drive forward as you loop, this is also a great fit for the FH.
Did you ever test the Dignics 64? Wink
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ashishsharmaait Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/20/2022 at 9:17am
D64 what what I was using for 2 years on BH. D64 BH, D80 FH.
This is in between them.
waingro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote waingro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/20/2022 at 4:27pm

The durability is OK. It is definitely not as durable as Dignics, but nearly the same as Tenergy 80/05.

Up to 3-5 feet from the table, it is way better than anything else I have tried, especially on the BH, where you drive more. If you tend to drive forward as you loop, this is also a great fit for the FH.
Thanks for the additional feedback. Sounds like it is definitely a must try for my BH next time it goes on sale at TT11; maybe in 2.0 thickness at first. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic