Help Desk Help Desk  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - TT joke
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

TT joke

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
heavyspin View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote heavyspin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: TT joke
    Posted: 11/01/2022 at 2:41pm
I recently made up a TT joke.

Mike invited two of his non TT friends to watch him at an upcoming tournament. When his friends arrived at the tournament venue, Mike was in the middle of a match. The two friends didn't realize he was playing, couldn't find Mike among the spectators, and they were about to leave the gym to look for him in another section of the building. Just then, Mike pushed his opponent's serve into the net, looked up, and spotted his two friends and noticed they were about to walk out of the gym so he shouted out their names. "Charlie, Joe!" Mike's opponent became confused and asked "Why are you celebrating? You just lost that point!"

Edited by heavyspin - 11/01/2022 at 2:42pm
An EJ to a table tennis player is an equipment junkie. An ej to a mathematician is a standard basis vector.
Sponsored Links

amateur View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amateur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/01/2022 at 3:35pm
I'd call the protagonist Harry, and have him win the point with an edge.
heavyspin View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heavyspin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/01/2022 at 4:36pm
Originally posted by amateur amateur wrote:

I'd call the protagonist Harry, and have him win the point with an edge.

Good idea. When Harry yells "Charlie, Joe!" his opponent gets angry "how dare you celebrate an edge ball!" and they get in a fight.

An EJ to a table tennis player is an equipment junkie. An ej to a mathematician is a standard basis vector.
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/01/2022 at 4:53pm
Originally posted by heavyspin heavyspin wrote:

I recently made up a TT joke.

Mike invited two of his non TT friends to watch him at an upcoming tournament. When his friends arrived at the tournament venue, Mike was in the middle of a match. The two friends didn't realize he was playing, couldn't find Mike among the spectators, and they were about to leave the gym to look for him in another section of the building. Just then, Mike pushed his opponent's serve into the net, looked up, and spotted his two friends and noticed they were about to walk out of the gym so he shouted out their names. "Charlie, Joe!" Mike's opponent became confused and asked "Why are you celebrating? You just lost that point!"

Groaning....
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Mazunov
FH: C1
BH: C1
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
blahness View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote blahness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/01/2022 at 6:55pm
it's more like a TT dad joke LOL
-------
Viscaria
FH: Hurricane 8-80
BH: D05

Back to normal shape bats :(
liulin04 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liulin04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/02/2022 at 7:14am
I was gonna say, everyone in the gym were Chinese, and those two non-Chihese friends can't tell one from the other LOL
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/02/2022 at 7:57pm
Can I get a turn?

A chinese man was in a match and Mike and his wife Aliyah were watching. At some point the player missed a shot and Mike's wife asked her husband "What did I do wrong?"
Simon_plays View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simon_plays Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/04/2022 at 4:09am
I want a go at as well: 

Batman and Robin have followed the Riddler all across Gotham City only to find themselves in the middle of a buzzing table tennis tournament: The Gotham City Grand Prix! 

Just then, the Riddler turns off the lights and the entire hall goes dark. Commotion ensues as loud bangs suggest the regular flow of table tennis has been interrupted. When the lights come back on Robin is standing with his left foot on a dropped take tennis racket whilst his mentor the caped crusader is tied up with table tennis nets and suspended upside down by his feet in the middle of the hall. 

Looking at Robin, one of the players shouts in horror: 'That's my bat, man!'

Robin sternly looks back at the sporty man and replies: 'No my ping ponging friend, he belongs to all of us!'
tom View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/04/2022 at 10:38am
no offense but stick to playing PP
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/04/2022 at 5:58pm
Originally posted by tom tom wrote:

no offense but stick to playing PP
come on! what is it you did not like? too cute!!!
Floyds View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Floyds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/10/2022 at 12:21am
I didn't get the humor in it
Floyds
tom View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/10/2022 at 8:56am
Originally posted by Floyds Floyds wrote:

I didn't get the humor in it
hehe, this Floyds guy is not me, even though he as Canada as his location and also did not find the jokes all that funnyLOLLOL

Edited by tom - 11/10/2022 at 8:58am
vanjr View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vanjr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/14/2022 at 11:25am
I read the joke before reading the jokester. sounds like a classic bad dad joke. If I get a point worthy of this level of humor I will be using "Charlie Joe's" name in vain at my next tournament.
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/14/2022 at 9:10pm
The 2 jokes that often come around are:

-I don't have any ball.
-You don't have any balls?

and

-Wanna play?
-Nah...I'll watch for a while.
-You like to watch?

No matter how old and recycled again and again they are, they are good ice breaking material when people get to know each other :) part of the sport's culture I guess.

vanjr View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vanjr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/15/2022 at 8:56am
My latest joke (and it is getting pretty old and yes it is pretty stupid) is that when I show my paddle to my opponent at a tournament (with LP on one side) I usually look at theirs and say, "Inverted on both sides? Is that legal? You could attack with both sides with this thing."
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic