Help Desk Help Desk  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - The White Crocodile
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The White Crocodile

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
igorponger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igorponger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The White Crocodile
    Posted: 11/16/2022 at 8:46pm
I would dignify this boy with a grand title of White Crocodile, because the rarity of playing style. Again, he eats everyone without much ado.    Yes, he is the only of the kind using Dragon Talon LP for active backhand pushing. He is a real prodigy-pusher never seen before.   You can scarcely name someone else playing similar style. And he is getting better and better all along, reaching up to USATT 2600 or so.
His name is Gleb Shilov 2006 y.o, native of Russia.

Shilov is joined with a pro team 2022
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=

Early days 2020

mts388 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mts388 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/16/2022 at 10:46pm
Originally posted by igorponger igorponger wrote:

I would dignify this boy with a grand title of White Crocodile, because the rarity of playing style. Again, he eats everyone without much ado.    Yes, he is the only of the kind using Dragon Talon LP for active backhand pushing. He is a real prodigy-pusher never seen before.   You can scarcely name someone else playing similar style. And he is getting better and better all along, reaching up to USATT 2600 or so.
His name is Gleb Shilov 2006 y.o, native of Russia.

Shilov is joined with a pro team 2022

Early days 2020

What a fun style to watch.  I think if you played him a few times he might be easier to beat, but very tough to beat the first time.
smackman View Drop Down
Assistant Moderator
Assistant Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smackman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/20/2022 at 5:49pm
Interesting style, nearly all backhands are a side swipe
Some things I don't like is the cho-ing after hitting the net and winning, and the follow up clapping

The way he sometimes puts his left hand up a little just before his opponent serves

The starting place of his serves, maybe a International Russian umpire may know more?, 
 he starts with the ball and hand way under the table briefly stops and then serves, seems a bit continued and not in good practice of the law?,
 can others walk/run in from 3 meters back or do a spin before a serve or jump up then serve

but as a long pimple player myself he is someone to learn from
Ulmo Duality,Donic BlueGrip C2 red max ,Yinhe Super Kim Ox Black
NZ table tennis selector, third in the World (plate Doubles)I'm Listed on the ITTF website
kolevtt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kolevtt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/20/2022 at 10:08pm
Originally posted by mts388 mts388 wrote:

What a fun style to watch.  I think if you played him a few times he might be easier to beat, but very tough to beat the first time.

Where did you see the fun here? High balls with lot of spin are making him looking like a starting player.
Not a good moving with the legs is also far away the fun. This type "wooden" styles with the same strokes all the time is much more boring than some fun. His limits are already done with this style.
If the boy has not some body problems I think his coach just ignored him during training.

I am usually "FOR" if the pips and wooden style of playing can keep the children in the halls for table tennis, but for a pity, we can not talk for fun to watch such kind of activity.

Something else I noticed - that boy is too emotional, like he lives for table tennis.
When he meets better players in time he will realize badly that the sport is not only pushing with the pips. Hope that fact will make him working more on his moving and attacking strokes with forehand topspin.
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/22/2022 at 2:16pm
Originally posted by kolevtt kolevtt wrote:

Originally posted by mts388 mts388 wrote:

Where did you see the fun here? High balls with lot of spin are making him looking like a starting player.
Not a good moving with the legs is also far away the fun. This type "wooden" styles with the same strokes all the time is much more boring than some fun. His limits are already done with this style.
If the boy has not some body problems I think his coach just ignored him during training.

I am usually "FOR" if the pips and wooden style of playing can keep the children in the halls for table tennis, but for a pity, we can not talk for fun to watch such kind of activity.

Something else I noticed - that boy is too emotional, like he lives for table tennis.
When he meets better players in time he will realize badly that the sport is not only pushing with the pips. Hope that fact will make him working more on his moving and attacking strokes with forehand topspin.

I would be willing to bet he has a pretty good forehand and would bring it out if he was playing another long pips player or someone baiting him to hit.  But as long as this opponent kept looping into his pips, he was content to keep pushing.
Wavestone St with Illumina 1.9r, defender1.7b

Please let me know if I can be of assistance.
mts388 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mts388 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/23/2022 at 2:45am
The noisy stork seems like a better name for him.
blahness View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blahness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/23/2022 at 7:43am
Very cool playing style, reminds me a lot of Zhou Xintong who also made extensive use of LP sideswiping and lots of nasty attacks and angles. He doesn't play too passive with the pips, the shots are taken early and placed very well, and he deals very well with long serves. 
-------
Viscaria
FH: Hurricane 8-80
BH: D05

Back to normal shape bats :(
koshkin View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/23/2022 at 1:56pm
Very interesting playing style.  He must have amazing hands.  The way he holds his arms, I wonder if he has some sort of a joint related disability.  The depth and pace control he has is really quite remarkable.  While his footwork is not pretty, he is nearly always able to keep his body right behind the contact point on his BH.

One of Russian coaches who has an online channel, Artem Utochkin, had a video a couple of years ago about him. It is good to see that the guy is progressing and getting better.
Stiga Alround Bengtsson ST
Dignics 09C
Dignics 05
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic