Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

TT dating feature on this site???

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ddaw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ddaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: TT dating feature on this site???
    Posted: 03/12/2010 at 8:37pm
I play so much TT i havn't found time to date :) and if i did i think most women would think im crazy becuase i play so much TT! at our clubs in WA men out number women 1/100. Where to find women who share my love  :(
seattle player
TBS
V6
729 training blade ;)
Rogson View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rogson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/12/2010 at 8:43pm
Share the situation dude..... All I can say is.... maybe you should go out more? table tennis won't move a inch of its place, but dates..... do move....

May I know how old are you? out of curiosity Confused
Yasaka Ma Lin Extra Offensive
Forehand DHS Hurricane 3
Backhand DHS Hurricane 2
Imago View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/12/2010 at 10:00pm
Yes, go out and try to make 11 points. She will love TT.
ddaw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ddaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/12/2010 at 10:08pm
32! I went from the night club scene 3 years ago to playing TT friday nights and then Sat mornings , now im stuck! If i go out im always telling myself i would rather be playing tt. So if i had a girl friend that was around 2000 i would have the best of all worlds:)
seattle player
TBS
V6
729 training blade ;)
Reinecke View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reinecke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/13/2010 at 12:43am
Yeah a TT playing girl would be awesome, but let's not turn this into another one of THOSE threads lol.

Personally I have felt some of the same things as you though. I'm still young (20) so I tend to play ping pong at nights then go out and still wake up and play in the morning. I don't get much sleep anyway, like 4-5 hours a night usually (and unfortunately). Also, ifyou are going out and thinking about table tennis, you will not have a succesful night lol. I know the feeling though, I would always love to be playing, but once I get focused on that night I can have lots of fun. Also you don't have to let them know you play TT right away, be a little mysterious and let them find out on their own, besides if they knew how much I played from the begining they would surely not give me a chance haha. Women find almost any skill or talent attractive, it doesn't have to be something cool. They will appreciate and respect a (healthy) level of dedication and commitment.

Finding a TT girl would just solve all the problems....
Mizutani Jun ST     
Tenergy 64       
Tenergy 64
wealthweb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wealthweb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/13/2010 at 1:10am
Originally posted by ddaw ddaw wrote:

I play so much TT i havn't found time to date :) and if i did i think most women wouldthink im crazy becuase i play so much TT! at our clubs in WA men out number women 1/100. Where to find women who share my love :(

In my TT club I have noticed there are some young men who enjoy inviting their potential girlfriends to come to the club to play. Now the Romeos can do TT and dating at the same time. One of my TT coaches is a beautiful lady who used to play for a Chinese Provincial Team. Her husband who is a TT fanatic went all the way to China to find her and married her. He not only got a beautiful TT player as his wife, but also learned from her to become a good TT player. What a smart guy!
Eric Yu
1st Blade: KTS Red + Omega II, Tenergy 64
2nd Blade: Butterfly Haruvatart-S ZL Carbon + Omega III, Tenergy 05
Dream Blade:Special Cypress Custom (Special Royal Treasure Art Product)+ Narucr
Imago View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/13/2010 at 1:42am
Wow, I never thought of this way of seducing Chinese coaches to our country. Ingenious! Smile
bull_harrier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bull_harrier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/13/2010 at 1:44am
Goodness gracious put down the paddle and go find a gal
Clipper CR WRB
FH: Boost TP
BH: Boost TP

My Biology/Physiology Learning Channel on Youtube
ddaw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ddaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/13/2010 at 3:20am
I think im off to china this summer!!!!! i think my odds will be better there:)
seattle player
TBS
V6
729 training blade ;)
ohhgourami View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ohhgourami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/13/2010 at 6:28am

All you have to do is wave around your American citizenship and let them try to win your heart over LOLLOLLOLLOLLOL

The types I like aren't born in the States anyway Embarrassed

I brought a potential gf to watch me play a tourny once.  No one else had a fan except for me Big%20smile  What happened after that is just history.
Custom Walnut 7-ply
DHS H3 Provincial untuned 40°
BTY T64
210g
Stavros View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stavros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/13/2010 at 6:58am

I play so much TT i havn't found time to date :) and if i did i think most women would think im crazy becuase i play so much TT! at our clubs in WA men out number women 1/100. Where to find women who share my love  :(

I feel the same way!
I'm thinking to play TT less often and go out to find some girls!
Infinity VPS V
Tenergy 80
Tenergy 05
smackman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smackman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/13/2010 at 7:13am

I went to china last year and met this lovely looking 25 yo young lady who beat me 10 games to 0 ,she had a great alround game. but my wife who was in the other room wouldn't let me take her homeSmile
Ulmo Duality,tibhar Aurus Prime Dr N Pistal Black
NZ table tennis selector, third in the World (plate Doubles)I'm Listed on the ITTF website,
ddaw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ddaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/13/2010 at 11:26pm
so if i go to china i can score a coach, tt partner and girl friend in the same person??? sounds great
seattle player
TBS
V6
729 training blade ;)
Jonan View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/14/2010 at 12:05am
lol, I was married before I started playing, so I guess I can't say whether or not TT would help you find a girl. But considering that the guy to girl ratio at most clubs is like 6-1 or worse, you'd be better off if you were gay.
ddaw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ddaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/14/2010 at 1:05am
6 to 1 sounds like i need to come to your club! 80 to 1 at mine
seattle player
TBS
V6
729 training blade ;)
Jonan View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/14/2010 at 3:35am

6 to 1 sounds like i need to come to your club! 80 to 1 at mine

Well I was going off the top of my head at the numbers today, there were 4 women there and about 25 men, maybe more? I know we had to get 11 or 12 tables out and there's always 4 or 5 guys sitting around, but yeah, no telling what its like overall though. My last club had 1 woman regular and one who came twice while I was there and about 20-25+ guys total.
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/14/2010 at 3:50am
A very good thing about having a Chinese wife is that she tolerates my TT habit.  But I think it is safe to say that you will get too many date prospects at US table tennis clubs.  I can recommend highly travel to China, though.  An absolutely fantastic place to visit.

ladiesman69 View Drop Down
Permabanned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladiesman69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/14/2010 at 10:06am
If only you guys were all as slick, so smooth and brutally harsh as I, would you get tha honies without needing a dating website.
Mike7381 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike7381 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/20/2012 at 1:04am
HAHA, well I love Table Tennis too, however I think people should at least get a life beside table tennis because table tennis is not your future unless you are good enough to play at professional level.
Hookshot View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hookshot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/20/2012 at 1:44am
I met my wife on line through a friend and went to China 3 times for a total of 14 months. Not only did i get a beautiful wife, I got coaching from provincial level coaches 2 or 3 times a week and played every day. She will have her visa in about two weeks! Soon, I will have my mixed doubles partner here!
It is so cheap to visit China. You can live like a king for $300 a month, rent your own apartment and everything. There are lots of women that play very well in China. There are clubs and outdoor places all over. I can only speak for south China. I would stay away from the real big cities like Beijing, too expensive. You can watch ping pong, (yes, it is ping pong there) almost every day on TV. Don't be surprized when you smell speed glue, they just dont care. LOL. Smile
FiskenDK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FiskenDK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/20/2012 at 9:32am
my girlfriend got like 21xx and I'm at 20xx but I'm catching up.
+ always have someone to play with.
+ great mixed double partner.
- new thing to fight about after some ugly matches.
- where is my new rubber, ups sorry dear thought it was for me.
- people laughing when hearing girlfriend rated higher than you.
+ no complaints when going to tournament or teammatch, often she offers to drive.
+ can play for different things in matches, doing dishes, ice, cooking dinner or  XXX other things.
havnt really thought about it before, but sure there is more + and -

atv View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote atv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/20/2012 at 9:41am
Originally posted by Hookshot Hookshot wrote:

I met my wife on line through a friend and went to China 3 times for a total of 14 months. Not only did i get a beautiful wife, I got coaching from provincial level coaches 2 or 3 times a week and played every day. She will have her visa in about two weeks! Soon, I will have my mixed doubles partner here!
It is so cheap to visit China. You can live like a king for $300 a month, rent your own apartment and everything. There are lots of women that play very well in China. There are clubs and outdoor places all over. I can only speak for south China. I would stay away from the real big cities like Beijing, too expensive. You can watch ping pong, (yes, it is ping pong there) almost every day on TV. Don't be surprized when you smell speed glue, they just dont care. LOL. Smile

I've packed everything, just tell me in which city can I live like a king with less than 2000rmb a month and am off to goWink
YEO
FH: 729 08 ES
BH: Focus III Snipe
Senkoh-1
FH: H3 Comm
BH: 755
Hookshot View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hookshot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/20/2012 at 11:48am

atv,

I am serious. Where I was, you could rent an apartment for $50 a month. Coaching was less than $10/hour from very good coaches. I either walked, took a bus or taxi everyplace.  Average income in the city would be under $150 a month.
Smile

Edited by Hookshot - 02/20/2012 at 11:50am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic