Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2.0 VS 2.2 and up

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
mon22 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mon22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2.0 VS 2.2 and up
    Posted: 08/07/2010 at 11:24am
Hey guys,

I started using 2.2 rubbers last night since i have just gotten new equipment.  I played HORRIBLY!

Ever had this experience but adjusted well? If so, how long did it take to adjust?

Btw using the H3 Neo 39 degrees was not pleasant.  Maybe its the hrdness of the rubber...

Anyway i relied too much on the sponge and i lost ALOT of feeling on my shots. 

Thanks
I am a total Newb. Come at me!
Sponsored Links

Speedplay View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedplay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/07/2010 at 11:58am
Have you used this rubber with a thinner sponge before? Cause it could be the rubber that you don't like.

I've not experienced any problems going up in sponge thickness, but I've had problems when I've tried 2.0 rubbers as I have felt that I'm bottoming out.
The holy grail
mon22 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mon22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/07/2010 at 12:15pm
i think i just like the hard rubbers on my FH.

Maybe the Neo would work better in a thinner blade but with the SK7 its just too much.

Btw does the anyone know where i can get a neo in 2.0? i dont think they offer it but i could be wrong
nicefrog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicefrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/07/2010 at 12:18pm
2.2 is harder to use, if it wasn't they wouldn't make thin sponges :). It'll take some time to adjust but normally I don't notice much difference between 2.0 and 2.2
mon22 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mon22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/07/2010 at 12:23pm
thanks nicefrog

Its just that i have a tournament next weekend and i was dumb enough to put my old rubbers on a new blade and put new rubbers on my current blade...

Being a student in college is tough to try new equipment due to financial issues.  So I tend to stick to my equipment for as long as they last.  And i dont want to dispose the H3 Neo nor do i want to buy new stuff since i already spent my 1st place price $$ on the last tournament for my new blade.

Any hitters/counter hitters out there that had the same issues?
Ashes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ashes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/07/2010 at 12:34pm
I had the same problem, when flat hitting the ball kept going in the net. Then I glued the rubber a few more times and flat hitting became amazing.
Blade: YEO FH: H3P BH: Pryde 40
mon22 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mon22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/07/2010 at 1:25pm
are you referring to the h3 neo? cuz driving with that rubber blows.

Its much more suited for looping
Egghead View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Egghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/07/2010 at 1:46pm
Originally posted by nicefrog nicefrog wrote:

2.2 is harder to use, if it wasn't they wouldn't make thin sponges :). It'll take some time to adjust but normally I don't notice much difference between 2.0 and 2.2

For me, I can tell a very very little difference in euro/jap rubbers between 2.0 or max. However, I can notice more difference in chinese. I have more feel in 2.0. Actually, I do not know is it be'cos the QC in chinese rubber LOL

Edited by Egghead - 08/07/2010 at 1:50pm
Aurora ST: Rhyzm / Talent OX
Tommy16 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tommy16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/07/2010 at 2:38pm
With sg I allways had max fh rubber and 2mm/2.1mm bh rubber (I playded with Mendo mp and Juic Scramble21 supersoft). My current setup is Stiga Clipper cr with Boost tc´s with 2mm and 1.8mm sponges. First I tried max sponge on both sides, and I have to say that Boost tc´s works much better with thinner sponges. Same thing with normal Nimbus. And the differnce is huge.   
What is the point of playing safe shots when you can miss with style

My feedback: http://www.mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=67171&KW=&PID=811763&title=tommy16-feedback#811763
nicefrog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicefrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/07/2010 at 3:18pm
Originally posted by mon22 mon22 wrote:

thanks nicefrog

Its just that i have a tournament next weekend and i was dumb enough to put my old rubbers on a new blade and put new rubbers on my current blade...

Being a student in college is tough to try new equipment due to financial issues.  So I tend to stick to my equipment for as long as they last.  And i dont want to dispose the H3 Neo nor do i want to buy new stuff since i already spent my 1st place price $$ on the last tournament for my new blade.

Any hitters/counter hitters out there that had the same issues?

Even if you had a $10 pre made and put new rubbers on it you would be still playing worse a week later, best thing is put your old rubbers back on until after the tournament. I think you were playing with g888 before? going from that to H3 is a totally different rubber. From what I understand H2 is much closer to g888 and it pretty much the replacement for that rubber. I play H2 and I have similar feelings about H3 (it's rubbish etc), you had a new sheet of H2 right? after your tournament stick that on the new blades FH
Skyline View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skyline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/07/2010 at 7:51pm
as a counter hitter I can use 2.2 rubbers without any problems. just adjust your technique a little and you're fine.

Edited by Skyline - 08/07/2010 at 7:51pm
mon22 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mon22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/07/2010 at 8:15pm
i think its the hardness of the rubbers too...

Thanks nicefrog for the suggestion but i had placed my old rubbers to the new blade :( which has a smaller blade face.  What i am doing now is just getting used to the new blade...

But i am currently experimenting on placing the sheet of Commercial H2 on my main blade.

Skyline: Isnt the TG variants much harder than the Hurricane 3?
nicefrog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicefrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/07/2010 at 9:21pm
Ok Use the H2 for now then, I think you will adapt to that faster then to H3 neo. Since it's on the bigger blade first you can always put it on the other one later :)
mon22 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mon22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/07/2010 at 9:47pm
hey nicefrog thanks for the advice!

I just got done using the H2 against my dad. Yup! sooo much better.  I can actually feel my shots.  Now i just need a new IQUL SV Big smile

Would you guys advice me to upgrade the IQUL SV into 2.2s too? or same as i started?
zheyi View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zheyi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/07/2010 at 11:35pm

i had the same exp recently for h3 neo 2.15 to 2.2 - 2.2 is a blue sponge.

feeling are abit different and need time to adjust. the ball seem to 'eat' less

into the sponge (better stroke n strength has to be use). i guess this adjust is
good somehow makes u a better player in future..
im still trying to adjust after 6hrs of play..
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic