Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2001-2023 JPN Women vs CHN Matchup Records

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Fixpoint View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Fixpoint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2001-2023 JPN Women vs CHN Matchup Records
    Posted: 02/03/2024 at 7:46am
The table below shows the match records between Japanese and Chinese female players from 2001 to 2023, based on the ITTF Stats website. 
(1) First, I created a table of match records for 24 Japanese national team players at the World Championships team events and their 99 opponents during this period. However, this table was too large and difficult to read. 
(2) Next, I excluded matches from junior and youth competitions and selected 84 Chinese players to examine their match records, ranking the table by the number of wins as the first key and the number of losses as the second key. Still, this table was also too large. 
(3) Then further, I selected the top 11 Japanese players and top 40 Chinese players based on their records and created a table of matches between these players. This table was produced through such a three-step process.

The number of wins and losses in the match table represents the total results over the entire period from 2001 to 2023. To make the annual win-loss records more accessible, I also created graphs for each year (AllMatches, SeniorMatches). Furthermore, to examine the details of the annual wins and losses, I created detailed tables for 2001-2015 and 2016-2023. These tables include the names of the opponents and match information numbers written at the right end of the table. The numbers indicate which row of the ITTF match information list pertains to each player. However, to make use of this row information effectively, it is necessary to sort the ITTF information in ascending order by year.

Full Japanese version is here.

This table has already been posted on another forum, but it is included here as well to ensure the completeness of this post.

Edited by Fixpoint - 03/03/2024 at 9:40am
N301 national CS, TDE, HELLFIRE X OX
Sponsored Links

Fixpoint View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fixpoint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/03/2024 at 7:49am
Fixpoint View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fixpoint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/03/2024 at 11:51pm
The following table and graph are the Kanji and Hiragana versions corresponding to the figures in the English version above. There may be discrepancies in the Chinese names from their actual Kanji names. This is due to the automatic conversion of ITTF English names into Kanji, which may potentially be disrespectful to the players. If corrections are needed, please point out the specific areas to be corrected, and they will be amended.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic