Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 2018 Austrian Open Nov. 6-11
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

2018 Austrian Open Nov. 6-11

 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 91011
Author
pongfugrasshopper View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Avatar

Joined: 03/22/2015
Location: USA
Status: Offline
Points: 1812
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pongfugrasshopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/12/2018 at 2:33pm
Originally posted by Roni Roni wrote:

Man ranking calculation??

LJK, Harimoto,  Falck? 
Liang Jingkun
    5634 + 1260 (Sweden QF) + 2250 (Austrian Open winner) - 630 (Nov. 2017 pts) = 8514
    WR will depend on other players but based on current rankings he would be WR #38
Harimoto
    13725 + 1575 (Austrian QF) - 1440 (current low) = 13860
    Should be WR #5
Falck
    11353 + 1440 (Sweden SF) - 1080 (current low) = 11713
    WR will probably stay the same at 12 but closes the gap on Ma Long

Back to Top
VladCeller View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member


Joined: 12/09/2015
Location: die Evil Empire
Status: Offline
Points: 1038
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VladCeller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/13/2018 at 12:10am
Originally posted by pongfugrasshopper pongfugrasshopper wrote:

Originally posted by Roni Roni wrote:

Man ranking calculation??

LJK, Harimoto,  Falck? 
Liang Jingkun
    5634 + 1260 (Sweden QF) + 2250 (Austrian Open winner) - 630 (Nov. 2017 pts) = 8514
    WR will depend on other players but based on current rankings he would be WR #38
Harimoto
    13725 + 1575 (Austrian QF) - 1440 (current low) = 13860
    Should be WR #5
Falck
    11353 + 1440 (Sweden SF) - 1080 (current low) = 11713
    WR will probably stay the same at 12 but closes the gap on Ma Long



Sorry ...Embarrassed I can only fully confirm these calculations ....Smile
Back to Top
pongfugrasshopper View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Avatar

Joined: 03/22/2015
Location: USA
Status: Offline
Points: 1812
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pongfugrasshopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/13/2018 at 12:32pm
Dima's ranking will be lower when December rankings come out:
13738 - 2250(Nov '17)  + 1260(Sweden QF) = 12748
This would put him at WR #9 (one place below WCT). And since he did not qualify for the Grand Finals, he will have a further drop when January rankings comes out.  Last year at the Grand Finals, he was runner-up (2295 points).

EDIT: From December to January his point total should be:
12748 - 2295(WTGF '17) + 1080(from reserves) = 11533
which would place him just below Mattias Falck (in Dec/Jan)


Edited by pongfugrasshopper - 11/13/2018 at 12:41pm
Back to Top
benfb View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member


Joined: 10/10/2008
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 2458
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benfb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/13/2018 at 12:54pm
Originally posted by pongfugrasshopper pongfugrasshopper wrote:

Dima's ranking will be lower when December rankings come out:
13738 - 2250(Nov '17)  + 1260(Sweden QF) = 12748
This would put him at WR #9 (one place below WCT). And since he did not qualify for the Grand Finals, he will have a further drop when January rankings comes out.  Last year at the Grand Finals, he was runner-up (2295 points).

EDIT: From December to January his point total should be:
12748 - 2295(WTGF '17) + 1080(from reserves) = 11533
which would place him just below Mattias Falck (in Dec/Jan)

That may make sense.  In 2017 he looked like he was playing so sharp, he seemed like the best of the western players.  This year has been a different story.  He's still world elite, but just not the way he was.
Back to Top
VladCeller View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member


Joined: 12/09/2015
Location: die Evil Empire
Status: Offline
Points: 1038
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VladCeller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/13/2018 at 1:43pm
People can't see the future ...They can only try to predict ...
 I would very much like to see the ITO Mima meeting with SUN Yingsha, Wang Manyu in the Grand Finals, and ideally with the CHENG Meng ....
 Was she able to play at the same level as in Sweden? ....
Back to Top
skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member


Joined: 02/24/2006
Location: somewhere
Status: Offline
Points: 7873
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/13/2018 at 4:58pm
Originally posted by VladCeller VladCeller wrote:

People can't see the future ...They can only try to predict ...
 I would very much like to see the ITO Mima meeting with SUN Yingsha, Wang Manyu in the Grand Finals, and ideally with the CHENG Meng ....
 Was she able to play at the same level as in Sweden? ....
=================
They are there, just don't know how many Chinese players that Ito Mima will play against.
(Btw, only 2 European players will be there - on men's side.)


Back to Top
zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member


Joined: 03/25/2010
Status: Offline
Points: 6966
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/14/2018 at 4:06pm
Viscaria FL - 91g
+ Neo H3 2.15 Blk - 44.5g(55.3g uncut bare)
+ Hexer HD 2.1 Red - 49.3g(68.5g 〃 〃)
= 184.8g
Back to Top
smackman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Avatar

Joined: 07/20/2009
Location: New Zealand
Status: Offline
Points: 3168
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smackman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/14/2018 at 8:42pm
Originally posted by skip3119 skip3119 wrote:

Originally posted by Roni Roni wrote:

Man ranking calculation??

LJK, Harimoto,  Falck?
==================
That would be nice.
VladCeller can do it, if he got the time.
My friend Mathew made the ratings system for the ITTF, I can ask him?
Ulmo Duality,tibhar Aurus Prime Dr N Pistal Black
NZ table tennis selector, third in the World (plate Doubles)I'm Listed on the ITTF website,
Back to Top
Amine1969 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner


Joined: 09/27/2018
Location: US
Status: Offline
Points: 11
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amine1969 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/15/2018 at 12:55am
It came and went. Was fun. One of my high points for the year 2018
Back to Top
pongfugrasshopper View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Avatar

Joined: 03/22/2015
Location: USA
Status: Offline
Points: 1812
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pongfugrasshopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/15/2018 at 3:07pm
Originally posted by smackman smackman wrote:

Originally posted by skip3119 skip3119 wrote:

Originally posted by Roni Roni wrote:

Man ranking calculation??

LJK, Harimoto,  Falck?
==================
That would be nice.
VladCeller can do it, if he got the time.
My friend Mathew made the ratings system for the ITTF, I can ask him?
Can you ask your friends to pull some strings and get a next month's unofficial rankings page?  A common question that gets asked on this forum is what will so and so's ranking be when next month's rankings comes out.
Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 91011
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.01
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd.

This page was generated in 0.125 seconds.

Become a Fan on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Web Wiz News
About MyTableTennis.NET | Forum Help | Disclaimer

MyTableTennis.NET is the trading name of Alex Table Tennis Ltd.

Copyright ©2003-2019 Alex Table Tennis Ltd. All rights reserved.