Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  Help Desk Help Desk  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 2019 Australian Open July 09--14
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2019 Australian Open July 09--14

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 10>
Author
mykonos96 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykonos96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/10/2019 at 9:59am
Originally posted by jackwong23 jackwong23 wrote:

Tom, I told ya wct would keep losing to low ranked players, what I said has been proven true time and time again. 
This time he loses to a 16 year old Korean with a world ranking of 305 in the first round.
But I don't think this is an upset at all, we all expect wct to lose to low ranked players in most ittf tournaments he participates in. 
I think even 11 year old Sora Matsushima would fancy his chance against him.LOL

And why you care all the time who defeats wct? If you would be sure that he s overrated you wouldnt be posting. He s your obssesion
Sponsored Links

tom View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/10/2019 at 10:11am

Tom, I told ya wct would keep losing to low ranked players, what I said has been proven true time and time again. 
This time he loses to a 16 year old Korean with a world ranking of 305 in the first round.
But I don't think this is an upset at all, we all expect wct to lose to low ranked players in most ittf tournaments he participates in. 

no. it is time to time and not time and time again.  I am afraid you either don't know how to use the phrase or deliberately spreading lies like Igor.

Edited by tom - 07/10/2019 at 10:23am
jackwong23 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackwong23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/10/2019 at 10:18am
Originally posted by mykonos96 mykonos96 wrote:

And why you care all the time who defeats wct? If you would be sure that he s overrated you wouldnt be posting. He s your obssesion

Just want to reinforce my point that he is probably the most overrated top 10 ranked players I have ever seen.   ( hence the posting after each of wct's defeat by a low ranked player ). The hilarious thing is some people on this forum still think he is a top 10 level player. LOLConfusedLOL
tom View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/10/2019 at 10:25am

Just want to reinforce my point that he is probably the most overrated top 10 ranked players I have ever seen.   ( hence the posting after each of wct's defeat by a low ranked player ). The hilarious thing is some people on this forum still think he is a top 10 level player. LOLConfusedLOL
he is not top 10, keep updated
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackwong23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/10/2019 at 10:26am
Originally posted by tom tom wrote:

He did occupy the top 10 spot for 4 years and was a top 10 player only  a few months ago. 

I think 18th is still too high for himLOL

Edited by jackwong23 - 07/10/2019 at 4:22pm
mykonos96 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykonos96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/10/2019 at 10:42am

Jw not sure wct is overrated him thats why he s after every match  wct plays.somebody who is sure about wct being overrated wouldnt be posting the same thing all the time.wct is a nightmare for him...will jw post always about wct until the end of his career?  He said "we expect to lose wct.".who besides jw? We is more than one person
fortunateluck View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fortunateluck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/10/2019 at 12:40pm

Edited by fortunateluck - 07/10/2019 at 12:46pm
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackwong23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/10/2019 at 12:50pm
Originally posted by fortunateluck fortunateluck wrote:

He is all right in doubles, 
but he sucks in singles. LOL

Edited by jackwong23 - 07/10/2019 at 12:56pm
stiltt View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/10/2019 at 1:01pm
WCT has the life of a professional table tennis player who is healthy, ripped, admired if not envied, makes a good living and hopefully is a happy man. 
What a great life even though he only wished he had done better, I think he does so well, much better than millions of players who can only dream to come close to what he achieved. 
Sometimes I see him more of a penhold euro player who has the game to come close to the top but that's it, a little bit is missing to go through, Timo, Dima and all went through this and he is too. (Schlager and Gatien are the exceptions.) What is missing though is a mystery to me.

Edited by stiltt - 07/10/2019 at 1:02pm
tom View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/10/2019 at 1:38pm
Originally posted by stiltt stiltt wrote:

WCT has the life of a professional table tennis player who is healthy, ripped, admired if not envied, makes a good living and hopefully is a happy man. 
What a great life even though he only wished he had done better, I think he does so well, much better than millions of players who can only dream to come close to what he achieved. 
Sometimes I see him more of a penhold euro player who has the game to come close to the top but that's it, a little bit is missing to go through, Timo, Dima and all went through this and he is too. (Schlager and Gatien are the exceptions.) What is missing though is a mystery to me.
apparently he is not as good / happy/ and ripped as JW
Voids.Q View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Voids.Q Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/10/2019 at 3:39pm

Tom, I told ya wct would keep losing to low ranked players, what I said has been proven true time and time again. 

That's absolutely right.

Edited by Voids.Q - 07/10/2019 at 3:42pm
seguso View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seguso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/10/2019 at 4:19pm
Harimoto is going to meet WCQ again tomorrow at 20:00!

What will happen this time?

And why does WCQ serve like John McEnroe anyway?
And is that toss legal?
clipper CR - mx-p max fh - jp03 2.0 bh (dec 2019) - 2015 video
thethinker View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thethinker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/10/2019 at 4:48pm
Can we ban someone for doing a Harimoto impersonation on the forum? I dislike screaming with large font.
tom View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/10/2019 at 5:20pm

He did occupy the top 10 spot for 4 years and was a top 10 player only  a few months ago. 

I think 18th is still too high for himLOL

you were 10 years old once (and maybe is still in certain aspects) but would it be accurate if you told people you are still 10 years old???  Just admit you were wrong and move on.

Edited by tom - 07/10/2019 at 5:21pm
pongfugrasshopper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote pongfugrasshopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/10/2019 at 5:37pm
I really think it's no big deal. jackwong23 thinks WCT is overrated. tom thinks HT is overrated. zeio thinks Ishikawa is overrated. Like I said... no big deal.
Simon_plays View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simon_plays Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/10/2019 at 5:59pm
https://tv.ittf.com/video/karlsson-kristian-sirucek-pavel/1627424

Anyone watch the Karlsson - Sirucek match? When I first saw Siruec serve I had to replay it a few times as he makes absolutely no attempt to move the arm out of the way, it's the sort of serve that I would even point out in a local league match as clearly being illegal (albeit I would still be impressed at seeing such high quality spin and deception in the local league). 

Obviously part of the blade lies with Karlsson for being a lefty which makes it harder to see these types of serves but surely the umpires should have called Siruec out for his serve. 
tom View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/10/2019 at 6:06pm
Originally posted by pongfugrasshopper pongfugrasshopper wrote:

I really think it's no big deal. jackwong23 thinks WCT is overrated. tom thinks HT is overrated. zeio thinks Ishikawa is overrated. Like I said... no big deal.
  for the record, I didn't say HT was overrated or commented on his skill.  I just don't like his table manners and I think he lacks consistency .
avova View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote avova Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/10/2019 at 9:16pm
Originally posted by Simon_plays Simon_plays wrote:

Anyone watch the Karlsson - Sirucek match? When I first saw Siruec serve I had to replay it a few times as he makes absolutely no attempt to move the arm out of the way, it's the sort of serve that I would even point out in a local league match as clearly being illegal (albeit I would still be impressed at seeing such high quality spin and deception in the local league). 

Well, 99% of pro serves are illegal. The only one on the top who serves legally most of the time is Samsonov. It distracts the hell out of me sometimes when I watch, cause on every serve I go "fault, illegal serve", and then I miss the point and have to rewind to watch it. 
mykonos96 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykonos96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/10/2019 at 10:13pm

[QUOTE=pongfugrasshopper]I really think it's no big deal. jackwong23 thinks WCT is overrated. tom thinks HT is overrated. zeio thinks Ishikawa is overrated. Like I said... no big deal.
  for the record, I didn't say HT was overrated or commented on his skill.  I just don't like his table manners and I think he lacks consistency .[/QUOTE

Jw knows deep down that wct is not overrated because he needs to point that all tournaments .repeating the same argument proves that jw is aware that nobody thinks the same about wct .funny no matter how much he bash wct he s a good player sooner or later wct will beat HT and will be funny last time was very close 
Simon_plays View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simon_plays Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/11/2019 at 4:37am
Originally posted by avova avova wrote:

[QUOTE=Simon_plays]
Anyone watch the Karlsson - Sirucek
Well, 99% of pro serves are illegal. The only one on the top who serves legally most of the time is Samsonov. It distracts the hell out of me sometimes when I watch, cause on every serve I go "fault, illegal serve", and then I miss the point and have to rewind to watch it. 

Sure, but hiding with your body or even your head is a skill and I understand why some umpires find it tricky to spot. However, keeping the free arm in the way is level 1 serve hiding and so easy to spot that there's no excuse for umpires to let it happen for an entire match. (Although they might have called it after the 2nd set, stopped watching midway through.)
skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/11/2019 at 6:08am
Harimoto had 2 game points, but he couldn't make it.
WCQ won the first game.
===============
update:  WCQ also won 2nd game.

Anyone watching?

Edited by skip3119 - 07/11/2019 at 6:15am
kakapo View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kakapo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/11/2019 at 6:18am
Originally posted by skip3119 skip3119 wrote:

Harimoto had 2 game points, but he couldn't make it.
WCQ won the first game.
===============
update:  WCQ also won 2nd game.

Anyone watching?

some will say that Harimoto has not taken his A game because he keeps it for Tokyo 2020:))
Nittaku Goriki 94gr, victas V15 extra 2mm, super do knuckle, 1,4mm
skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/11/2019 at 6:25am
Originally posted by kakapo kakapo wrote:

some will say that Harimoto has not taken his A game because he keeps it for Tokyo 2020:))
================== 
Harimoto hides his A-game really well, so that nobody can beat him in 2020 Tokyo.
----------------------

WCQ now leads 3-0.
zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/11/2019 at 6:26am

...zeio thinks Ishikawa is overrated. Like I said... no big deal.

To set the record straight, Ishikawa is not overrated. She's getting in the long way.

She gets to where she is now through her hard work. She's the only one from her generation(Misaki Morizono, Ayuka Tanioka...) who is still at the top. But her submission to China is getting in the way of the up-and-coming players. It's high time she passed the baton.
Viscaria FL - 91g
+ Neo H3 2.15 Blk - 44.5g(55.3g uncut bare)
+ Hexer HD 2.1 Red - 49.3g(68.5g 〃 〃)
= 184.8g
skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/11/2019 at 6:30am
WCQ beat Harimoto 4-0.
pipboy76 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pipboy76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/11/2019 at 6:32am
I guess Harimoto is not THE one after all.. Unhappy

Edited by pipboy76 - 07/11/2019 at 6:33am
blahness View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blahness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/11/2019 at 6:37am
Originally posted by pipboy76 pipboy76 wrote:

I guess Harimoto is not THE one after all.. Unhappy

He played really bad here, couldn't even control the service return on the table, and unforced error count was sky high...
-------
Hurricane Long 5

FH: Hurricane 3 Provincial Blue Sponge
BH: Dignics 09c
pongfugrasshopper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pongfugrasshopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/11/2019 at 6:38am
Some very interesting results so far:

SYS 4-1 over WMY with a 11-2 clobbering in the 5th game.  Yui Hamamoto nearly loses but comes back from down 0-3 vs. 46 year old Australian Lay Jian Fang.  Sun Mingyang beats ZYL 4-1.  I think that's it for ZYL's chances for this Olympic cycle.  A couple of non-Chinese trying to stay in the top 15 are taken out: Zhang Qiang (CHN) takes out CIC 4-2, Choi Hyojoo over FTW, 4-2.  Miu Hirano (yay!) takes out CNT member Qian Tianyi 4-2.

FZD holds on to win over KK 4-3.  Falck 4-1 over LJH, who played very well at the Korea Open.  Lin Yun Ju 4-3 over Koki Niwa.  WCQ again beats HT 4-0.  I hope WCQ goes far at this Open.  Just as I've said before, he deserves a *much* higher world ranking.  
skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/11/2019 at 7:03am

Just as I've said before, he deserves a *much* higher world ranking.  
==================
Agree with you.

WCQ is currently ranked at #71.

Easily among top 20.
Basquests View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Basquests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/11/2019 at 7:08am
Now he's playing regularly, WCQ will get a much higher ranking. He is essentially a player whose missed part of the 1 year cycle, due to not playing.

Same happened with lgy and ljk. 

Im surprised its taken this long for harimoto to actually fall on hard times. He might have well done in  the past but his rise has almost had no fall as he dealt with adversity and pressure so well.

Will be interesting if he can continue to play like the #1 contender to the chinese, and indeed continue to challenge the top 5.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 10>
  Share Topic