Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2019 Australian Open July 09--14

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 10>
Author
pongfugrasshopper View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pongfugrasshopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/11/2019 at 7:24am
Forgot to mention Mu Zi of China taking out WR#12 Doo Hoi Kem of Hong Kong 4-0 and Li Jiayi of China taking out WR#15 Saki Shibata 4-0.

So on the women's side, that's 6 of the top 15 taken out in the 1st round! ... ZYL, WMY, CIC, DHK, FTW, SS.   Suh Hyowon sneaks by Lee Ho Ching 13-11 in the 7th to avoid being the 7th victim.
kakapo View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kakapo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/11/2019 at 7:35am
Originally posted by pongfugrasshopper pongfugrasshopper wrote:

Forgot to mention Mu Zi of China taking out WR#12 Doo Hoi Kem of Hong Kong 4-0 and Li Jiayi of China taking out WR#15 Saki Shibata 4-0.

So on the women's side, that's 6 of the top 15 taken out in the 1st round! ... ZYL, WMY, CIC, DHK, FTW, SS.   Suh Hyowon sneaks by Lee Ho Ching 13-11 in the 7th to avoid being the 7th victim.
true but... very unfortunate draw for WMY... this could not have been worse.
Nittaku Goriki 94gr, victas V15 extra 2mm, super do knuckle, 1,4mm
troubadour View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote troubadour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/11/2019 at 8:03am
What happened!, Sun Wen got just 11 points!!!!, just 11 points against Lin Gaoyuan, woah!!, Did he steal Gaoyuan's girlfriend or something?!Cry
How many eyes have seen their dreams
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pongfugrasshopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/11/2019 at 8:05am
Originally posted by kakapo kakapo wrote:

Originally posted by pongfugrasshopper pongfugrasshopper wrote:

true but... very unfortunate draw for WMY... this could not have been worse.
That's the danger of having SYS coming out of the qualifiers.  She's quite capable of beating anyone 1-16.  Luckily, she will be in the main draw of each tournament from here on out which is a sigh of relief for everyone.  Yeah, WMY was the unlucky victim this time.  Suh Hyowon was her victim in Japan.  CM was sweating bullets at the China Open but managed to take out SYS 4-3.... still not someone you want to see in the 1st round.
blahness View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blahness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/11/2019 at 8:18am
Originally posted by troubadour troubadour wrote:

What happened!, Sun Wen got just 11 points!!!!, just 11 points against Lin Gaoyuan, woah!!, Did he steal Gaoyuan's girlfriend or something?!Cry

Sun Wen has way too big strokes and clumsy at the table for a CNT player. He will get eaten alive by his speedier colleagues. I wouldn't rate him very highly among the prodigious CNT.
-------
Tacky rubber lover :)

Stiga Clipper CR

FH: Hurricane 8
BH: Hurricane 3-50

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote troubadour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/11/2019 at 8:21am
Sun Yingsha became Li Sun personal student and her level just drastically improved before the WTTC, On the other hand Zhu Yuling prefers Qiu Yike, Absolutely no disrespect to Qiu, and I understand that they're both from Sichuan so their bond is closer, But I mean Li has coached 3 grand slam players, Why would anyone decline that wealth of experience, It was even cos of his coaching that she was able to withstand Liu Shiwen at the 2017 Asian Cup and the World Cup, and it was only Ding that she just didn't know how to beat, Now things have unravelled
pongping2323 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pongping2323 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/11/2019 at 8:28am
Why is almost every discussion in this thread and most tournament threads about CNT? Are players from other countries not interesting or something? It's like everything is always about CNT.
jackwong23 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jackwong23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/11/2019 at 8:40am
Originally posted by pongping2323 pongping2323 wrote:

Why is almost every discussion in this thread and most tournament threads about CNT? Are players from other countries not interesting or something? It's like everything is always about CNT.

Tell me about it, I am actually sick of reading discussion about the Cnt on this forum, as if players from other countries don't exist !

I believe people like troubadour, blahness, mykonos, kakapo, tom are all posters from the republic of china. The Cnt is all that matter to them.

Edited by jackwong23 - 07/11/2019 at 8:43am
Simas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/11/2019 at 8:56am
Stiga Offensive Classic Legend
DHS Hurricane Neo3
Donic Bluefire JP01 Turbo

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote troubadour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/11/2019 at 8:59am
Originally posted by jackwong23 jackwong23 wrote:

Tell me about it, I am actually sick of reading discussion about the Cnt on this forum, as if players from other countries don't exist !

I believe people like troubadour, blahness, mykonos, kakapo, tom are all posters from the republic of china. The Cnt is all that matter to them.
I'm from Africa studying in Europe bro, Your belief is outright childish and dumb, Kettle calling Pot black, Only Trolls WCT all days of his life

Edited by troubadour - 07/11/2019 at 9:00am
blahness View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blahness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/11/2019 at 9:00am

They are the top team, which is why everyone is talking about them. Same for USA basketball or European football.

If you hate it so much, just switch to another sport. 
-------

Stiga Clipper CR

blahness View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blahness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/11/2019 at 9:06am

Rofl and jackwong23 is a perpetually angry HK boy with plenty of hatred for his own race (particularly directed at his own countryman Wong Chun Ting who has done him absolutely no wrong).

Pongping2323 is pretty much jackwong23, except with another 23 and only 2 posts to date....

Edited by blahness - 07/11/2019 at 9:07am
-------

Stiga Clipper CR

pongping2323 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pongping2323 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/11/2019 at 9:17am
Originally posted by blahness blahness wrote:

They are the top team, which is why everyone is talking about them. Same for USA basketball or European football.

Just because they're the top team doesn't mean they're more interesting that other teams. Japan is much more interesting to talk about imo since they're the biggest threat to China right now. It's weird to me that almost everyone on this forum seems to view China as the hero and the rest of the world as the villain, while i think it's the other way around. As far as i'm concerned, China is just ruining the sport because of it's dominance and that's probably the biggest reason as to why TT isn't as popular as a competitive sport in other countries as it is in China.

Edited by pongping2323 - 07/11/2019 at 9:26am
avova View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote avova Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/11/2019 at 9:39am
Originally posted by Simon_plays Simon_plays wrote:

Sure, but hiding with your body or even your head is a skill and I understand why some umpires find it tricky to spot. However, keeping the free arm in the way is level 1 serve hiding and so easy to spot that there's no excuse for umpires to let it happen for an entire match. (Although they might have called it after the 2nd set, stopped watching midway through.)

Nah, the umpires do not even call non-vertical throws. It is pathetic.
ITTF should just go back to the old rules, allow covering the ball with your free hand at least. 

If you do not  enforce the rules, just get rid of them.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackwong23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/11/2019 at 10:09am

Just because they're the top team doesn't mean they're more interesting that other teams. Japan is much more interesting to talk about imo since they're the biggest threat to China right now. It's weird to me that almost everyone on this forum seems to view China as the hero and the rest of the world as the villain, while i think it's the other way around. As far as i'm concerned, China is just ruining the sport because of it's dominance and that's probably the biggest reason as to why TT isn't as popular as a competitive sport in other countries as it is in China.

agree with you  mate
tom View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/11/2019 at 10:12am

you are mistaken time and again.  I have posted comments on this forum saying China cannot be trusted because they are communists and similar.  I am trying to be objective when it comes to TT , which coincidentally is dominated by the the CNT.  I acknowledge this fact unlike denyers of facts.  If you don't want to discuss the CNT -don't.  Nobody is forcing you to do anything. You know what I think of people like you and Igor!!!
tom View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/11/2019 at 10:15am

funny how you are a new poster and is "not from China" and supports JW - what can't you be above board and not use multiple poster names.
tom View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/11/2019 at 11:16am

BTW, for your knowledge"Republic of China" is a name only used by Taiwan 

Edited by tom - 07/11/2019 at 11:22am
fortunateluck View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fortunateluck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/11/2019 at 12:02pm
Sun Yingsha The True Talent

Ms Natural

Currently it seems to me that Chen Meng is in the dominating seat winning majority of recent titles, and WMY is right up there as well. Recent results lead me to believe that these two are perhaps at the top of the world Table Tennis skills pyramid. Yet, there is this young 18 year old player, Sun Yingsha,

who can dispatch them all, as she destroyed Chen Meng in Japan Open 4:1 without missing a beat after beating WMY on the way up to win the title. WHO DOES THAT??

Then, she destroys WMY here at Australian Open 4:1 just yesterday. Who is this girl? 

All I gotta say is that we might be seeing a great one at an early stage of her career. She could be the true one. Eh? ...hmm

see, there are people who work hard to become great, and there are people who has natural talent and doesn't have to work as hard to become great... but if people with natural talent work hard?

Keep it up,
You go girl

Just do it

Edited by fortunateluck - 07/11/2019 at 12:29pm
ZingyDNA View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZingyDNA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/11/2019 at 12:37pm

Hungarians and Japanese dominated the sport before. Was TT more popular back then? I don't think so!
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pongfugrasshopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/11/2019 at 12:41pm
Originally posted by fortunateluck fortunateluck wrote:

Sun Yingsha The True Talent

Ms Natural

Currently it seems to me that Chen Meng is in the dominating seat winning majority of recent titles, and WMY is right up there as well. Recent results lead me to believe that these two are perhaps at the top of the world Table Tennis skills pyramid. Yet, there is this young 18 year old player, Sun Yingsha,

who can dispatch them all, as she destroyed Chen Meng in Japan Open 4:1 without missing a beat after beating WMY on the way up to win the title. WHO DOES THAT??

Then, she destroys WMY here at Australian Open 4:1 just yesterday. Who is this girl? 

All I gotta say is that we might be seeing a great one at an early stage of her career. She could be the true one. Eh? ...hmm

see, there are people who work hard to become great, and there are people who has natural talent and doesn't have to work as hard to become great... but if people with natural talent work hard?

Keep it up,
You go girl

Just do it
SYS has been on an amazing tear.  She also beat World Champion LSW 4-3 in Japan.

And even her recent losses have been 7 games: Chen Meng @ China Open, Ding Ning @ Korea Open

She's a heavy favorite to make the SF at this Australian Open where she could meet CM so can't wait to see what she'll do.
aerial View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aerial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/11/2019 at 12:58pm

FZD should have skunked KK when he had the chance, not doing so messed up his mentality

I thought LSW got rid of the mercy point nonsense but guess not...
Egghead View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Egghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/11/2019 at 1:05pm
Originally posted by aerial aerial wrote:

FZD should have skunked KK when he had the chance, not doing so messed up his mentality

I thought LSW got rid of the mercy point nonsense but guess not...
LSW is "personal" LOL
Aurora ST: Rhyzm / Talent OX
patwhall View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patwhall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/11/2019 at 1:20pm

Rofl and jackwong23 is a perpetually angry HK boy with plenty of hatred for his own race (particularly directed at his own countryman Wong Chun Ting who has done him absolutely no wrong).

Pongping2323 is pretty much jackwong23, except with another 23 and only 2 posts to date....

Blahness, laugh, why did you reveal Jack's true self? Even after he created a puppet name to inundate this board with his narratives. Forgive him, he's just a schizo boy who hates his identity and race.  

He's running out of excuses as his boy TH got spanked again last night 4 nil.  I wonder what he's going to come up with after all his faulty narratives:
1. Boost rubber (So it's not OK for players to use factory boosted rubber?)
2. Illegal serve (Are you a referee?)
3. Lying about age (really?  So Ma Long is not 30, he's 33)

Jack, what's next?  Is CNT using some sort of illegal super blade made of pure graphene? 

DHS W997, H3 BS, FX-P
Egghead View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Egghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/11/2019 at 1:21pm

Originally posted by pipboy76 pipboy76 wrote:

I guess Harimoto is not THE one after all.. Unhappy

He played really bad here, couldn't even control the service return on the table, and unforced error count was sky high...
Don't know what match that you were watching. HT did not play badly, just the other guy was WAY WAY WAY better than him. 
Aurora ST: Rhyzm / Talent OX
piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/11/2019 at 1:29pm

Just because they're the top team doesn't mean they're more interesting that other teams.

they actually more interesting than other teams
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackwong23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/11/2019 at 1:30pm
Originally posted by piligrim piligrim wrote:

Just because they're the top team doesn't mean they're more interesting that other teams.

That is only your opinion mate
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackwong23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/11/2019 at 1:34pm
Originally posted by patwhall patwhall wrote:

Blahness, laugh, why did you reveal Jack's true self? Even after he created a puppet name to inundate this board with his narratives. Forgive him, he's just a schizo boy who hates his identity and race.  

He's running out of excuses as his boy TH got spanked again last night 4 nil.  I wonder what he's going to come up with after all his faulty narratives:
1. Boost rubber (So it's not OK for players to use factory boosted rubber?)
2. Illegal serve (Are you a referee?)
3. Lying about age (really?  So Ma Long is not 30, he's 33)

Jack, what's next?  Is CNT using some sort of illegal super blade made of pure graphene? 

point 1,2, 3 are all well known facts, try harder. 
piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/11/2019 at 1:35pm

not only my. most people watching world tours because of CNT and most discussions here about chinese players.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackwong23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/11/2019 at 1:36pm

not only my. most people watching world tours because of CNT and most discussions here about chinese players.

That is because China posters make up a 
large % of this forum. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 10>
  Share Topic