Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2019 German Open, Oct. 08-13

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 12>
Author
pongfugrasshopper View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pongfugrasshopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/08/2019 at 8:38pm
Just for fun, I'm going to predict an upset. Shin Yubin will beat Miyu Kato tomorrow.  She's very young, but she has been playing great. She's the future of Korean women's table tennis.
piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/08/2019 at 8:39pm
Originally posted by mentortt mentortt wrote:

<div style="text-align: left;">Watch several big ITTF opens and it becomes same scenarios again and again. First two days, we see best US players lost before main draw (top 32). in last two days, it shows Japan or Taiwan players inch closer to Chinese army. But they will lose in the end. Then China got most gold medals and repeat. I bet it will be true again this time.

Just enjoy watching games. What the matter who get medals? You blame chinese players they better becaouse they train very hard?
mentortt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mentortt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/08/2019 at 8:52pm
Why blame them? They deserve it.  As an audience, we would like to see American player won sometimes and would like to see non-chinese underdog players won sometimes. But surprise seldom comes true. 

Originally posted by piligrim piligrim wrote:

<div style="text-align: left;">Watch several big ITTF opens and it becomes same scenarios again and again. First two days, we see best US players lost before main draw (top 32). in last two days, it shows Japan or Taiwan players inch closer to Chinese army. But they will lose in the end. Then China got most gold medals and repeat. I bet it will be true again this time.

Just enjoy watching games. What the matter who get medals? You blame chinese players they better becaouse they train very hard?
mentortt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mentortt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/08/2019 at 9:14pm
Your argument is only half right. True, WCT has bad loss. But I remember he is in main draw (top 32) several times. But for Kanak, except Pan-Am, I have never seen him in main draw. (Only for 2019 )
His rating jump is because of Pan-Am america alone.  He got at least 1000 point from that event. 

PS: I don't check all histories. This is based on my memory. 

Originally posted by jackwong23 jackwong23 wrote:

And wct lost to yuto muramatsu 2:3 in the t league who has no ittf ranking. 
He also lost to Cho Daeseong and An Ji Song (twice)
in the last 12 months. That is 4 matches wct lost to guys outside the top 200 just on top of my head. 
If kanak has not justified his high ranking, has wct justified his top 20 ranking ?

Edited by mentortt - 10/08/2019 at 9:19pm
jackwong23 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackwong23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/08/2019 at 9:43pm

Your argument is only half right. True, WCT has bad loss. But I remember he is in main draw (top 32) several times. But for Kanak, except Pan-Am, I have never seen him in main draw. (Only for 2019 )
His rating jump is because of Pan-Am america alone.  He got at least 1000 point from that event. 

in the last 12 months. That is 4 matches wct lost to guys outside the top 200 just on top of my head. 
If kanak has not justified his high ranking, has wct justified his top 20 ranking ?

Wct does not need to play qualifications in all ittf tournaments,. He starts his first match in the round of 
32 by default, but he usually exits the tournament in his 1st or 2nd singles match . That is the advantage you get when you have a higher ranking.  He also get 1500 points for just participating in the world cup (even without winning a single match )
on the other hand  Kanak has to win  3 matches in a row just to get into the main draw because of his lower ranking. There are a lot of good chinese players playing these qualification matches as well,  so it is very tough for kanak to get into the main draw most of the time.

Edited by jackwong23 - 10/08/2019 at 9:56pm
mentortt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mentortt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/08/2019 at 10:21pm
Yes. That's true.

Wct does not need to play qualifications in all ittf tournaments,. He starts his first match in the round of 
32 by default, but he usually exits the tournament in his 1st or 2nd singles match . That is the advantage you get when you have a higher ranking.  He also get 1500 points for just participating in the world cup (even without winning a single match )
on the other hand  Kanak has to win  3 matches in a row just to get into the main draw because of his lower ranking. There are a lot of good chinese players playing these qualification matches as well,  so it is very tough for kanak to get into the main draw most of the time.
mykonos96 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykonos96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/08/2019 at 10:27pm
Originally posted by skip3119 skip3119 wrote:

Kanak will have a hard time to beat this guy. (It is just my opinion.)
Jha Kanak (WR, 27) vs Gerassimenko Kirill (WR, 72).
Wednesday 7:50 AM. Table # has not been assigned yet (will be available soon.)
looks like you have been waiting for kanak to slip up all the time so you can put him down with some hateful comments on this forum. (eg  : how he does not deserve his current ranking of # 27 ) 
==================
Nonsense.  I am an American, I like Kanak to win.
But Kanak is over-rated (or over-ranked if you will), he is not worth #27.

Aruna gnanasekaran have lower ranking  than kanak but they make more problems to the top players
skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/08/2019 at 10:34pm
Originally posted by pongfugrasshopper pongfugrasshopper wrote:

FWIW, Kanak beat him at the 2018 World Team Table Tennis Championships
======================
Oops, I did not check it. You are right.
But prior to that, Kirill did beat Kanak once before.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackwong23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/08/2019 at 11:10pm
Originally posted by mykonos96 mykonos96 wrote:

looks like you have been waiting for kanak to slip up all the time so you can put him down with some hateful comments on this forum. (eg  : how he does not deserve his current ranking of # 27 ) 
==================

Aruna gnanasekaran have lower ranking  than kanak but they make more problems to the top players

aruna is ranked 19th, how is that lower ?Confused
mykonos96 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykonos96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/08/2019 at 11:29pm

I meant assar 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackwong23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/08/2019 at 11:59pm

Originally posted by mykonos96 mykonos96 wrote:

==================

aruna is ranked 19th, how is that lower ?Confused

Just like An jaehyun, Maharu, Gauzy, Jeong Youngsik , Pucar, CCY have lower rankings but cause problems to top players than wctConfused

Edited by jackwong23 - 10/09/2019 at 12:26am
VladCeller View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VladCeller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/09/2019 at 12:01am
Originally posted by pongfugrasshopper pongfugrasshopper wrote:

Just for fun, I'm going to predict an upset. Shin Yubin will beat Miyu Kato tomorrow.  She's very young, but she has been playing great. She's the future of Korean women's table tennis.

It would be nice ... But in Sweden they already met, and the Korean woman lost 2: 4, unfortunately ....
amateur View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amateur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/09/2019 at 6:20am
Now on Table 1:
Wu Yue vs Qian Tianyi
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pongfugrasshopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/09/2019 at 7:53am
Great win by Bruna Takahashi 4-3 over Sakura Mori
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote pongfugrasshopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/09/2019 at 7:58am
Is 56 the new 30?

WIN NI Xia Lian LUX 8 12 11 11 11 4
HAMAMOTO Yui ^^ AUT 11 10 6 5 9 1

and 36 the new 25?

WIN SHAN Xiaona ^   GER 11 10 11 11 12 4
    SHIBATA Saki    JPN 7 12 6 8 10 1

Amazing job ladies!
skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/09/2019 at 8:02am
Kanak Jha (WR 27) vs Gerassimenko Kirill (WR 72):  Playing on Table 6. No video.
Hope Kanak wins.

Go Kanak, go Kanak.

Edited by skip3119 - 10/09/2019 at 8:08am
Ttunderthesun21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ttunderthesun21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/09/2019 at 8:07am

Kanak Jha vs Gerassimenko Kirill:  Playing on Table 6. No video.
Hope Kanak wins.

Go Kanak, go Kanak.

Not a good start, blew a 9-4 lead in the first set, now he's down 0-2, needs to make something happen or it's gonna be over quick.  
skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/09/2019 at 8:22am
Originally posted by Ttunderthesun21 Ttunderthesun21 wrote:

Hope Kanak wins.
Go Kanak, go Kanak.
Not a good start, blew a 9-4 lead in the first set, now he's down 0-2, needs to make something happen or it's gonna be over quick.  
=================
The 3rd game, Kanak had a match point but unable to make it. He lost the 3rd game.
Now down 3 games in a row.
Hope he can take the next 4 games.
Ttunderthesun21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ttunderthesun21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/09/2019 at 8:27am

Originally posted by Ttunderthesun21 Ttunderthesun21 wrote:

Hope Kanak wins.
Go Kanak, go Kanak.
=================
The 3rd game, Kanak had a match point but unable to make it. He lost the 3rd game.
Now down 3 games in a row.
Hope he can take the next 4 games.

Yeah tough loss that too, he was down 0-4 to start, clawed his way to 10-8 and lost 12-10, I mean that's really hard to recover from.  Ah looks like it's over =[
skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/09/2019 at 8:30am
Jha Kanak vs Gerassimenko Kirill, 0-4.

Edited by skip3119 - 10/09/2019 at 8:32am
skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/09/2019 at 8:58am
Wang Chuqin lost the first game to Dyjas Jakub.
Live, table 2.
skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/09/2019 at 9:55am

Wang Chuqin lost the first game to Dyjas Jakub.
Live, table 2.
===================
Dyjas Jakub won the first 2 games, but lost next 4.
WCQ won the match.
NextLevel View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/09/2019 at 10:20am
Gustavo Tsuboi who Kanak beaten fairly consistently, just beat Zhao Zihao. Such is table tennis.
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Carbonado 145
FH: Fastarc C-1 2.0 B
BH: Fastarc C-1 2.0 R
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes.
DonnOlsen View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonnOlsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/09/2019 at 10:46am
Hi,

Cristian Pletea is a contemporary of Kanak Jha.  Cristian looked great against Xu of China.  Kanak is doing well, however he cannot play at Cristian's level now.

Thanks,
Donn

"You must be brave." Guo Yuehua
NextLevel View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/09/2019 at 10:50am
Originally posted by DonnOlsen DonnOlsen wrote:

Hi,

Cristian Pletea is a contemporary of Kanak Jha.  Cristian looked great against Xu of China.  Kanak is doing well, however he cannot play at Cristian's level now.

Thanks,

Recently, just before Pletea beat Harimoto, he beat Kanak deuce in the 7th.  You can dispute the evidence if you like that Kanak does play at Pletea's level.  Kanak has also take games off players like Ma Long and Lin Gaoyuan.  Not sure he looked great doing it but some thought so.

TT has matchups.  Kanak has clear deficiencies in power, but we tend to downplay his subtle strengths in touch game and ball placement.  They are part of his game as well. 
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Carbonado 145
FH: Fastarc C-1 2.0 B
BH: Fastarc C-1 2.0 R
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes.
bard romance View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bard romance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/09/2019 at 11:20am
So much disrespect to Kanak for benefiting in world ranking for being the best player on this continent, despite the fact he's had several worthy wins and held his own against some of the best. Why not so much outrage over Heming Hu, ranked 66, who poses zero threat to anyone in the top 150 if not more? 
WeebleWobble View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WeebleWobble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/09/2019 at 11:33am
Originally posted by bard romance bard romance wrote:

So much disrespect to Kanak for benefiting in world ranking for being the best player on this continent, despite the fact he's had several worthy wins and held his own against some of the best. Why not so much outrage over Heming Hu, ranked 66, who poses zero threat to anyone in the top 150 if not more? 

Looking at the top 75, I see tons of players who arguably are no better than Kanak.
tom View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/09/2019 at 11:42am
no disrespect but simple arithmatic shows 27 is more than 2x when compared to 60 and almost 3 x compared to 75
stiltt View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/09/2019 at 11:46am
Originally posted by bard romance bard romance wrote:

So much disrespect to Kanak for benefiting in world ranking for being the best player on this continent, despite the fact he's had several worthy wins and held his own against some of the best. 

I believe many people imagine in the parallel world they build in their confused heads that, because the American tt community is so small, they somehow are close to Kanak and therefore can talk and write about him like if he was their own game. They are the same kind of people who choose tt because America sucks at it and it makes them feel closer to the top. Then when an American becomes successful, the increased gap shivers their timber.

GO KANAK! 
mentortt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mentortt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/09/2019 at 11:49am
US team's games all end today with mixed double losing as expected. 
If Kanak can win, why we are not supporting him? This is not disrespect. By instinct, people always like the winner. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 12>
  Share Topic