Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2019 Japan Open June 12-16

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 11>
Author
pongfugrasshopper View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pongfugrasshopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/12/2019 at 12:46pm
Originally posted by VladCeller VladCeller wrote:

She is only 14 years old!
I don't know when her birthday is, but her ITTF Player Profile indicates she is 13 years old.  She was the one who beat fellow defender, Hitomi Sato, at the 2019 Croatia Open.  These young kids are truly amazing!
VladCeller View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VladCeller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/12/2019 at 1:02pm
I paid attention to her a year ago ...
Her today's game just struck me .....
tom View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/12/2019 at 6:14pm
Originally posted by VladCeller VladCeller wrote:

HZJ applause for honesty ...
Decisive game, which is not easy for her ....
The key point in the game is 5-4 in favor of Haruna .....
Ball raffle, table edge ....
The judge did not notice this touch and announced the score 5-5 ...
In my opinion, Haruna, too, did not notice ....
But HZJ corrected the judge, indicating that the correct score was 6-4 in favor of Haruna .....

Interesting:  didn't I hear a while back (WTTC WD) that all CNT players are dishonest - or something of that nature.  Didn't hear from them today.
Slowhand View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slowhand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/12/2019 at 8:48pm
Old man Harimoto better watch out. Sora Matsushima vs Cho Daeseong | 2019 ITTF Japan Open Highlights (Pre): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbKSHs1aJ6A
penholderxxx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote penholderxxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/12/2019 at 9:02pm
' The judge did not notice this touch and announced the score 5-5 ......
   In my opinion, Haruna, too, did not notice ....
   But HZJ corrected the judge, indicating that the correct score was 6-4 in favor of Haruna .....'
  - VladCeller

Not really.
  Haruna had instantly pointed to the end of table where HZJ stood, to indicate that the ball had              clipped the table; with HZJ momentarily 'frozen', and had turned to point to the umpire; who                had awarded the point to HZJ, that it was in. HZJ had then concurred by pointing her fingers on the      table before picking up the ball from the floor.

Iloveplayingtabletennis
skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/12/2019 at 9:18pm
Originally posted by penholderxxx penholderxxx wrote:

Not really.
  Haruna had instantly pointed to the end of table where HZJ stood, to indicate that the ball had clipped the table; with HZJ momentarily 'frozen', and had turned to point to the umpire; who                had awarded the point to HZJ, that it was in. HZJ had then concurred by pointing her fingers on the      table before picking up the ball from the floor.

That's what I saw also.

Edited by skip3119 - 06/12/2019 at 10:50pm
VladCeller View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VladCeller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/12/2019 at 11:01pm
Originally posted by skip3119 skip3119 wrote:

Originally posted by penholderxxx penholderxxx wrote:

Not really.
  Haruna had instantly pointed to the end of table where HZJ stood, to indicate that the ball had clipped the table; with HZJ momentarily 'frozen', and had turned to point to the umpire; who                had awarded the point to HZJ, that it was in. HZJ had then concurred by pointing her fingers on the      table before picking up the ball from the floor.

That's what I saw also.

Thank you both ....Smile
I was not attentive enough ....I apologize ...Embarrassed
In any case, justice prevailed ....Smile
zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/12/2019 at 11:46pm
Viscaria FL - 91g
+ Neo H3 2.15 Blk - 44.5g(55.3g uncut bare)
+ Hexer HD 2.1 Red - 49.3g(68.5g 〃 〃)
= 184.8g
skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/13/2019 at 12:35am
Unbelievable Sun Yingsha vs Shao Jieni is now 3-3.
How could Shao give Sun that much trouble?
7th game coming up.
=============
Update:  Shao is up 3-2 in the 7th game. SYS calls time-out.

7th game score:  4-11.  (After the time out, Shao got 1 point, but Sun got 9 points.)

Edited by skip3119 - 06/13/2019 at 12:48am
Facepalm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Facepalm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/13/2019 at 1:56am
Kim Hayeong just lost 4-3 to Lee Ho Ching after having 7 match points in the 6th game, including being 10-5 up. Might be a tough night's sleep ahead...
Facepalm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Facepalm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/13/2019 at 2:47am
Wu Yang defeats last week's Hong Kong Open champion Wang Yidi 4-1. WYD never looked in it, very convincing match by WY. 
kakapo View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kakapo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/13/2019 at 2:55am
That was a bad draw for Wang Yidi. I think she only managed to defeat Wu Yang 1 time in superleague...out of 13 matches
accoustic carbon inner,fastarc G1 max, feint soft 1,5mm
NextLevel View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/13/2019 at 4:17am
And Mima Ito would kill Wu Yang.  Serves as a reminder of how imbalanced some people's games are.
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Korbel ST
FH: Fastarc C-1 2.0 B
BH: Fastarc C-1 2.0 R
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pongfugrasshopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/13/2019 at 6:41am
Poor HH. She gets CM in the 1st round. Good draw for SYS to get to QF. GYT is a tough, but winnable 1st round opponent for IM.

Ugh.. WYD was matched up with her kryptonite. She will still be lurking in the qualifiers. 
DonnOlsen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonnOlsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/13/2019 at 6:46am
Originally posted by Slowhand Slowhand wrote:

Old man Harimoto better watch out. Sora Matsushima vs Cho Daeseong | 2019 ITTF Japan Open Highlights (Pre): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbKSHs1aJ6A

Oh yes, and, on the girl/women's side, don't forget about Kihara!

Donn

F = ma The most useful physical law every devised.
jackwong23 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackwong23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/13/2019 at 7:27am
Originally posted by pongfugrasshopper pongfugrasshopper wrote:

Poor HH. She gets CM in the 1st round. Good draw for SYS to get to QF. GYT is a tough, but winnable 1st round opponent for IM.

Ugh.. WYD was matched up with her kryptonite. She will still be lurking in the qualifiers. 

deleted 

Edited by jackwong23 - 06/13/2019 at 7:27am
jackwong23 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackwong23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/13/2019 at 7:29am

I remember Harimito beat Lunquist and Omar
when he was 11. Sora is also 11 year old but 
he still has not beaten any top 100 player in his brief career yet.  

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pongfugrasshopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/13/2019 at 7:31am
Originally posted by DonnOlsen DonnOlsen wrote:

Oh yes, and, on the girl/women's side, don't forget about Kihara!

And if you blink, you might miss another of Japan's sensations, Miwa Harimoto .  
Roni View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/13/2019 at 7:55am
Miwa Harimoto is next big champion.She beat best Croatian cadet Hana Arapovic easily few months ago.
Harimoto is 10 y old and Arapovic is 15 and also one of the best cadet in the world.
mykonos96 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykonos96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/13/2019 at 9:35am
Originally posted by Roni Roni wrote:

Miwa Harimoto is next big champion.She beat best Croatian cadet Hana Arapovic easily few months ago.
Harimoto is 10 y old and Arapovic is 15 and also one of the best cadet in the world.

Arapovic is not a top cadet and she hasnt won a tournament yet but miwa is nice and respectful in the court

Edited by mykonos96 - 06/13/2019 at 10:06am
tom View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/13/2019 at 9:51am
Originally posted by NextLevel NextLevel wrote:

And Mima Ito would kill Wu Yang.  Serves as a reminder of how imbalanced some people's games are.
don't know about Ito - not taking into acct their meetings - how would Ito's weapons cope with a defender
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pongfugrasshopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/13/2019 at 10:05am
Originally posted by tom tom wrote:

Originally posted by NextLevel NextLevel wrote:

don't know about Ito - not taking into acct their meetings - how would Ito's weapons cope with a defender
Mima Ito would destroy Wu Yang.
skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/13/2019 at 10:09am

Mima Ito would destroy Wu Yang.
======================
Agree with that.
No doubt in my mind.

tom View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/13/2019 at 10:43am
Please explain with what?
troubadour View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote troubadour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/13/2019 at 10:58am
Originally posted by kakapo kakapo wrote:

That was a bad draw for Wang Yidi. I think she only managed to defeat Wu Yang 1 time in superleague...out of 13 matches
I feel like for Yidi, the problem may just be the system, The JNT girls all have individual coaches and teams for each of them and I'm sure there are targets and assessment of their growth to being a top player and that way Mima, Miu and Hina have developed strongly, but for the CNT a couple of players attached to a coach and the coach majorly focusing on the core player may be the reason why the young players struggle more, Wang Manyu for example only started to bloom and improved vastly after Xiao Zhan became her personal coach , Shasha was under Huang Haicheng who was also Chen Meng's coach, I feel probably his work with CM didn't give him time to guide SYS and she fell into a rut through 2018, but since Zhu has gone to Qiu Yike, Li Sun guides SYS now and her form picked up this year.
I know playing choppers well takes skill, and WMY still struggles with choppers but I just feel like with personal coaches that can schedule intense sessions and with feedback, Young players can fasten their overall development and skill , rather than being training partners for the core players.
How many eyes have seen their dreams
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pongfugrasshopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/13/2019 at 11:34am

With her controlled loops on the forehand and bumps and light pushes with her SP backhand again for control.  Anything high with no spin or little spin gets smashed (something Mima Ito specializes in). Mima Ito knows how to play without spin.  And it's not just poor Wu Yang she victimizes.  Wins over: Hu Limei (2018 Korea, 4-1), Suh Hyowon (2018 Japan, 4-0), Honoka Hashimoto (2018 Hong Kong, 4-1).
FruitLoop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FruitLoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/13/2019 at 11:56am
Good points. It's a bit of an online myth that only massive spinny loopers like Xu Xin can destroy choppers. Anyone who has seen some veterans play or local league matches know that there are other styles which make short work of them. Notably people who excel at playing without spin at all as Ito can. 

Close to the table, fast players who use a lot of spin would struggle the most I imagine. I don't know her record but I assume Hirano struggles vs defenders and I imagine Harimoto would also at least in a relative sense. 
zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/13/2019 at 12:04pm
Viscaria FL - 91g
+ Neo H3 2.15 Blk - 44.5g(55.3g uncut bare)
+ Hexer HD 2.1 Red - 49.3g(68.5g 〃 〃)
= 184.8g
tom View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/13/2019 at 12:12pm

With her controlled loops on the forehand and bumps and light pushes with her SP backhand again for control.  Anything high with no spin or little spin gets smashed (something Mima Ito specializes in). Mima Ito knows how to play without spin.  And it's not just poor Wu Yang she victimizes.  Wins over: Hu Limei (2018 Korea, 4-1), Suh Hyowon (2018 Japan, 4-0), Honoka Hashimoto (2018 Hong Kong, 4-1).
thanks, I looked at one of their matches as well - a lot of placement shots sometime with pace.

Edited by tom - 06/13/2019 at 12:13pm
NextLevel View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/13/2019 at 4:30pm
Originally posted by FruitLoop FruitLoop wrote:

Good points. It's a bit of an online myth that only massive spinny loopers like Xu Xin can destroy choppers. Anyone who has seen some veterans play or local league matches know that there are other styles which make short work of them. Notably people who excel at playing without spin at all as Ito can. 

Close to the table, fast players who use a lot of spin would struggle the most I imagine. I don't know her record but I assume Hirano struggles vs defenders and I imagine Harimoto would also at least in a relative sense. 

Extrapolating from what happens at the lower levels of the men's game and what happens in the women's game to the top levels of the men's game is not a way to debunk myths IMO. But your mileage may vary.
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Korbel ST
FH: Fastarc C-1 2.0 B
BH: Fastarc C-1 2.0 R
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 11>
  Share Topic