FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

2019 Team world cup, Nov. 6-10 Japan

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
kindof99 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kindof99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/08/2019 at 4:34pm
I think the lineup for CNT men's team against Japan tomorrow will probably be the same lineup for Olympics next year.

Ma Long and Xu Xing for double, and FZD for the first single. Not sure whether Ma long or Xu Xing will play the second single though. Maybe XX?

The same for thw CNT women's lineup in the final (probably against Japan). DN and LSW for double and SYS for the first single?

Edited by kindof99 - 11/08/2019 at 4:53pm
ZingyDNA View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZingyDNA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/08/2019 at 4:43pm
Originally posted by kindof99 kindof99 wrote:

I think the lineup for CNT men's team will probably be the same lineup for Olympics next year.

Ma Long and Xu Xing for double, and FZD for the first single. Not sure whether Ma long or Xu Xing will play the second single though. Maybe XX?

The same for thw CNT women's lineup in the final (probably against Japan). DN and LSW for double and SYS for the first single?

I don't know about FZD but SYS hasn't proven herself in any big events. They won't play someone like that in OG singles.
pongfugrasshopper View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pongfugrasshopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/08/2019 at 4:50pm
Originally posted by ZingyDNA ZingyDNA wrote:

I think the lineup for CNT men's team will probably be the same lineup for Olympics next year.

I don't know about FZD but SYS hasn't proven herself in any big events. They won't play someone like that in OG singles.
Well, she did beat Mima Ito at the World Championships. Does that count for anything?
skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/08/2019 at 4:54pm

===========================
SYS hasn't proven herself in any big events ----- You need to check this out.

SYS won 4 major events in 2019.
kindof99 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kindof99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/08/2019 at 4:57pm
The Women CNT will likely pick from DN, LSW, CM, and SYS. CM does not have any big event title either and she is not as consistent as SYS right now. And DN will probably not play single as her performance is not so good this year, but I think DN will play doubles since she is the only lefty among this four.

Then this means that CM will never have a chance to play in the Olympics.

Edited by kindof99 - 11/08/2019 at 4:59pm
kindof99 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kindof99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/08/2019 at 4:58pm
Originally posted by skip3119 skip3119 wrote:

===========================
SYS hasn't proven herself in any big events ----- You need to check this out.

SYS won 4 major events in 2019.

Big events mean wttc, Olympics, and world cup...
stiltt View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/08/2019 at 5:02pm
deleted.

Edited by stiltt - 11/08/2019 at 5:03pm
Voids.Q View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Voids.Q Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/08/2019 at 5:11pm

I think the lineup for CNT men's team against Japan tomorrow will probably be the same lineup for Olympics next year.

If Ma Long and Xu Xin play doubles, neither of them are allowed play 2 singles matches, based off the olympic team format. So that probably won't happen.
tom View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/08/2019 at 5:18pm
Originally posted by amateur amateur wrote:

Originally posted by tom tom wrote:

it is a bit off topic here, but the above discussion about team selection have to take democracatic ideals vs dictatorship into account - end results does not override all.  

There's nothing democratic about sport - team selection isn't decided by popular vote.
notice I said ideals, things that are associated with a democracy like fairness, accountability and transparency

Edited by tom - 11/08/2019 at 5:22pm
stiltt View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/08/2019 at 10:36pm
Jang woojin smoothered lyj very good. It was not because lyj was on a bad day.
zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/09/2019 at 12:49am
I'm beat here...

Edited by zeio - 11/09/2019 at 2:43am
Viscaria FL - 91g
+ Neo H3 2.15 Blk - 44.5g(55.3g uncut bare)
+ Hexer HD 2.1 Red - 49.3g(68.5g 〃 〃)
= 184.8g
kindof99 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kindof99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/09/2019 at 12:05pm
Surprised that ML did not play in the semi final at all. So basically any of the three CNT members can win. 

Not sure about the Women CNT team tomorrow. DN seems to be injured. So who will play the doubles this time? Who will CNT arrange to play against Ito? I think it is either SYS or LSW.  Maybe LSW and CM for doubles, and LSW for first single?

Edited by kindof99 - 11/09/2019 at 12:05pm
Charlie Brown View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlie Brown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/09/2019 at 12:15pm
He's still on the road to recovery ...yes-still. 2020 is his focus, then he can retire with another gold.

Edited by Charlie Brown - 11/09/2019 at 12:16pm
*sigh*
zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/09/2019 at 12:34pm

it is a bit off topic here, but the above discussion about team selection have to take democracatic ideals vs dictatorship into account - end results does not override all.  

There's nothing democratic about sport - team selection isn't decided by popular vote.
notice I said ideals, things that are associated with a democracy like fairness, accountability and transparency

Japan's selection criteria is as transparent, fair, and just as one can get, but I still get tons of Japanese comments saying otherwise.
Viscaria FL - 91g
= 184.8g
VladCeller View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VladCeller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/09/2019 at 1:02pm

Surprised that ML did not play in the semi final at all. So basically any of the three CNT members can win. 

Not sure about the Women CNT team tomorrow. DN seems to be injured. So who will play the doubles this time? Who will CNT arrange to play against Ito? I think it is either SYS or LSW.  Maybe LSW and CM for doubles, and LSW for first single?

Unfortunately, there is no difference which pair China sets ...Ishikawa-Hirano will lose to any Chinese couple ....And that means - start 0: 1 ...
 In order to win, Ito must win two games, Hirano one .....I’m not sure that this is possible, even if the Chinese youth will play singles ....Cry

zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/09/2019 at 2:02pm

Funny interview
Viscaria FL - 91g
= 184.8g
igorponger View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igorponger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/09/2019 at 2:06pm
MOST BEAUTIFUL FEMALE ATHLETE.

Menkind all got admired with,n Japanese sexy gals, Ito Mima and Hina Hayata beautefull sexy outlook.
Who is the Less Sexy female body? Yes, it is an everyone's knowledge, you should know .....
stiltt View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/09/2019 at 2:16pm
igor what is wrong with you? what is not beautiful in those women? what's not to like?

stiltt View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/10/2019 at 12:40am
the last point in the Fan Zhendong vs Jang Woojin match is extraordinary! china 1 - 1 Korea 1 after the Koreans won the doubles.
stiltt View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/10/2019 at 1:17am
JEOUNG Youngsik is leading 2-1 v. LJK. Would it be such an upset if the Korean wins? even if some of his strokes are shy then punished, the willpower to go for it is there and he wants it!

edit: JEOUNG Youngsik had a game point 10-8 , played the 2nd one really good but was a bit shy on one shot only and then let the game go 15-13 ...too bad, I wanted the pressure super high on the next match.

The suspense is on! decider now.

edit: nah...youngsik gave it all in the last game and is empty now. that's sad...

Edited by stiltt - 11/10/2019 at 8:17pm
zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/10/2019 at 4:28am
Viscaria FL - 91g
= 184.8g
blahness View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blahness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/10/2019 at 6:34am
Ito choked.... :(
-------
Tacky rubber lover :)

Stiga Clipper CR

FH: Hurricane 8
BH: Hurricane 3-50
tom View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/10/2019 at 10:15am
Originally posted by zeio zeio wrote:

Japan's selection criteria is as transparent, fair, and just as one can get, but I still get tons of Japanese comments saying otherwise.
can't keep everyone happy
BRS View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote BRS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/10/2019 at 11:13am
Originally posted by blahness blahness wrote:

Yes, it's too bad.  But she is the only one good enough to have three match points vs SYS so there's that.  
stiltt View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/10/2019 at 12:44pm
Originally posted by BRS BRS wrote:

Originally posted by blahness blahness wrote:

Yes, it's too bad.  But she is the only one good enough to have three match points vs SYS so there's that.  
yes!!!
That event was just a big warm up anyway, everybody thinks of Tokyo. Actually Ito losing this weekend is maybe better for her than winning because a win could have installed her in a false state of confidence. Better beat them all on the highest stage ever for her, the Olympics at home, can't wait!
igorponger View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igorponger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/10/2019 at 2:07pm
Yes, One Defeated is worth of two unbeaten.
liulin04 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liulin04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/10/2019 at 3:10pm
Originally posted by zeio zeio wrote:

I'm beat here...

funny how the US Women's team responded in...wait for it...Mandarin!
amateur View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amateur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/10/2019 at 5:14pm
Originally posted by stiltt stiltt wrote:

That event was just a big warm up anyway, everybody thinks of Tokyo. Actually Ito losing this weekend is maybe better for her than winning because a win could have installed her in a false state of confidence. Better beat them all on the highest stage ever for her, the Olympics at home, can't wait!

Yes, that was a clever ploy by Mima - just let China win to make them over-confident. Next year Japan will sweep all the gold!
stiltt View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/10/2019 at 6:45pm

Yes, that was a clever ploy by Mima - just let China win to make them over-confident. Next year Japan will sweep all the gold!
Your comment insinuates that I wrote it was planned; I never did.

If you did not get over my renaming I do not care, nobody does. Please drop my leg and get lost; oh and I don't like you either.
amateur View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amateur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/10/2019 at 7:22pm

Your comment insinuates that I wrote it was planned; I never did.

If you did not get over my renaming I do not care, nobody does. Please drop my leg and get lost; oh and I don't like you either.

Wow, fatt is back! I didn't mean to offend you, just disagreed with your positive interpretation of today's fiasco. CNT sends out their least experienced player for 2 singles, and Japan still can't win a single match, even with a 2-0 lead in games and 3 match points. They could surely use SOME confidence as a team leading up to the Olympics.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
  Share Topic