Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  Help Desk Help Desk  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 2020 Grand Finals Nov. 19-22 China
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

2020 Grand Finals Nov. 19-22 China

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/22/2020 at 5:05am
Originally posted by NextLevel NextLevel wrote:

Great match - couldn't watch it with audio on without waking up my family, but it is a reminder that the gap between ML and FZD is razor thin.  FZD on the men's side is definitely not the same dominance as CM on the women's side.
Do you mean that FZD is absolutely dominant but he just has to resolve the ML problem? If yes, I agree. The number of unforced errors from FZD was staggering but the variation of spin from ML was the cause so the question is: Was mixing spin the key? It is hard to believe that but at the same time, getting in people's head is a good strategy if they want to cooperate. FZD is still too nervous playing his big bro on the higher stages, it does not go any further. It's all in the mindset.

Edited by stiltt - 11/22/2020 at 5:11am
Sponsored Links

DonnOlsen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonnOlsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/22/2020 at 6:59am
I'm so proud I publicly picked Ma Long to win; sadly for me my prediction was for another tournament!

Thanks. 
Optimal table tennis body fat percentages:
Men    8 - 15%
Women 16 - 22%
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/22/2020 at 7:53am
Originally posted by stiltt stiltt wrote:

Originally posted by NextLevel NextLevel wrote:

Great match - couldn't watch it with audio on without waking up my family, but it is a reminder that the gap between ML and FZD is razor thin.  FZD on the men's side is definitely not the same dominance as CM on the women's side.
Do you mean that FZD is absolutely dominant but he just has to resolve the ML problem? If yes, I agree. The number of unforced errors from FZD was staggering but the variation of spin from ML was the cause so the question is: Was mixing spin the key? It is hard to believe that but at the same time, getting in people's head is a good strategy if they want to cooperate. FZD is still too nervous playing his big bro on the higher stages, it does not go any further. It's all in the mindset.
I don't know about getting in the head.  You play someone 3 Times over a period of 2 months and split the matches 2-1.  That is reasonable.  What I found interesting was that some people felt the Fan wins were a sign of dominance despite being close 4-3 matches.  For me, it looked more like Fan catching up with the winner determined by how the wind blew in that particular day.. if they play again in the WTT event and the score is 4-0 FZD, it won't change my perception much.

Edited by NextLevel - 11/22/2020 at 7:54am
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Mazunov
FH: TBD (MX-S, C1)
BH: C1
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
blahness View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blahness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/22/2020 at 9:03am
Ma Long was in such good form that he was downright unbeatable. Everything was on point from the impeccable serve and short game, the flicks, the forehand loop, impenetrable BH defense and perfect touch (he even freaking looped a net + edge ball which was so insane to watch)

FZD wasn't at the 120% level required to beat this version of Ma Long. I thought he played at roughly the same level as he did in the World Cup except this time Ma Long really elevated his game. 
-------
Hurricane Long 5

FH: Hurricane 3 Provincial Blue Sponge
BH: Dignics 09c
flash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/22/2020 at 10:28am
Originally posted by blahness blahness wrote:

Ma Long was in such good form that he was downright unbeatable. Everything was on point from the impeccable serve and short game, the flicks, the forehand loop, impenetrable BH defense and perfect touch (he even freaking looped a net + edge ball which was so insane to watch)

FZD wasn't at the 120% level required to beat this version of Ma Long. I thought he played at roughly the same level as he did in the World Cup except this time Ma Long really elevated his game. 

Well said...
Hurricane Long 5, FL

T05, 2,1 mm, black, fh
T05, 2,1 mm, red, bh.
kindof99 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kindof99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/22/2020 at 11:45am
The ML in the matches this year was in pretty good shape, and hard for anyone to beat.
chroot View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chroot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/22/2020 at 1:17pm
Originally posted by kindof99 kindof99 wrote:

The ML in the matches this year was in pretty good shape, and hard for anyone to beat.

FZD is scratching his head. "Is this guy from another planet?". FZD played really well, close to his 100%, but still lost 1:4. The old secret from WH to beat ML (dominate ML's BH and force him to turn to his FH from the left side of the table) is no longer working. Look at his BH today, wow!
BTY Viscaria 90g
DHS Hurricane 3 NEO, 39/2.1
BTY Tenergy 05 1.9

My Feedbacks
astaroyd View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote astaroyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/22/2020 at 1:45pm
what happened to fzd's bh down the line?
it gave him victory last time and I didn't see one of those in the match.

if he throws everything to ml's bh he is going to lose every single time because ml y more regular than fzd.
blahness View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blahness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/22/2020 at 6:56pm
Originally posted by astaroyd astaroyd wrote:

if he throws everything to ml's bh he is going to lose every single time because ml y more regular than fzd.

You can't switch it down the line with consistency if the incoming ball is of super high quality like what Ma Long was doing the entire match. 
-------
Hurricane Long 5

blahness View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blahness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/22/2020 at 6:58pm
Originally posted by kindof99 kindof99 wrote:

Yeah this level was close to the best I've seen Ma Long play ever... It's incredible how he maintains such a high level at his age.
-------
Hurricane Long 5

Leftstudio View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leftstudio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/22/2020 at 9:18pm
strategy and flexibility. Malong can adjust his game by slowing down and speeding up on certain moments while Fan only can play speed. the difference here is experience and you can only have it with years of practice and matches. 
Fan has a lot to learn and fortunately he has time to do that. Malong is running out of time. He won because his experience and the ability to adjust.
Everybody boosts
WeebleWobble View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WeebleWobble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/23/2020 at 8:51am

He had 2 in a row of those at one point (perhaps it was 2 out of 3 points).
tom View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/23/2020 at 10:39am
Originally posted by WeebleWobble WeebleWobble wrote:

He had 2 in a row of those at one point (perhaps it was 2 out of 3 points).
yes, Fan did some of those, probably not as often as at the WC
kakapo View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kakapo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/23/2020 at 11:26am
Does someone know who will play in the last event this year ?WTT Macao
Nittaku Goriki 94gr, victas dignics 09 max, super do knuckle, 1,4mm
kindof99 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kindof99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/23/2020 at 11:35am
Originally posted by kakapo kakapo wrote:

Check for update in this post:

The rumor is that LSW and DN will play. Harimoto and Ito will not play.
Charlie Brown View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlie Brown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/23/2020 at 11:37am

nvrmnd comeback tomorrow ...sorryEmbarrassed

most everyone at the last tables and a few from the stands watching...Wink

yes Lily they're all on the same plane....well they're already there.Sleepy

WTT Macao 2020 is the first event to be held by WTT since its inception by the International Table Tennis Federation (ITTF) this year. Men’s and women’s singles will be held, featuring many of the world’s top 16 players including Fan Zhendong, Xu Xin, Ma Long, Lin Gaoyuau, Liu Shiwen, Ding Ning, Wang Manyu,Chen Xingtong, Liang Jingkun, Wang Chuqin and Wang Yidi from the mainland, Lin Yun-Ju from Taiwan, Jeoung Young-sik and Jeon Ji-hee from South Korea, Feng Tianwei from Singapore, Diaz Adriana from Puerto Rico, Szocs Bernadette from Romania, and Ahmed Saleh from Egypt.

Hugo Calderano and Gustavo Tsuboi of Brazil 
Cheng I-Ching from Chinese Taipei and Doo Hoi Kem from Hong Kong.

remember it's 16 each of the "world's *best* players so...critic all you want keyword is "world"LOL

Edited by Charlie Brown - 11/23/2020 at 12:11pm
*sigh*
kakapo View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kakapo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/23/2020 at 12:32pm
Thanks.
DonnOlsen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonnOlsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/23/2020 at 2:12pm
Originally posted by Charlie Brown Charlie Brown wrote:

nvrmnd comeback tomorrow ...sorryEmbarrassed

most everyone at the last tables and a few from the stands watching...Wink

yes Lily they're all on the same plane....well they're already there.Sleepy

WTT Macao 2020 is the first event to be held by WTT since its inception by the International Table Tennis Federation (ITTF) this year. Men’s and women’s singles will be held, featuring many of the world’s top 16 players including Fan Zhendong, Xu Xin, Ma Long, Lin Gaoyuau, Liu Shiwen, Ding Ning, Wang Manyu,Chen Xingtong, Liang Jingkun, Wang Chuqin and Wang Yidi from the mainland, Lin Yun-Ju from Taiwan, Jeoung Young-sik and Jeon Ji-hee from South Korea, Feng Tianwei from Singapore, Diaz Adriana from Puerto Rico, Szocs Bernadette from Romania, and Ahmed Saleh from Egypt.

Hugo Calderano and Gustavo Tsuboi of Brazil 
Cheng I-Ching from Chinese Taipei and Doo Hoi Kem from Hong Kong.

remember it's 16 each of the "world's *best* players so...critic all you want keyword is "world"LOL

I noticed that Lily Zhang has been hanging around China, attending the ITTF Final that she did not qualify for.  I suspected that may indicate she will be in Macao.  Just speculating.

Thanks.
Optimal table tennis body fat percentages:
Men    8 - 15%
Women 16 - 22%
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlie Brown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/23/2020 at 5:16pm
i think the chinese emoji flag is banned- i can't figure out why names aren't posting? Confused
Men's singles

Women's singles

Edited by Charlie Brown - 11/23/2020 at 5:21pm
*sigh*
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlie Brown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/23/2020 at 5:53pm
...there will be Japanese but i dunno if Liu Shiwen will be in...maybe still injured but she's there and so is Ito and ishikawa and Harimoto

Dam the final list should be official nowConfused

Edited by Charlie Brown - 11/23/2020 at 5:58pm
*sigh*
Snakefish View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snakefish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/24/2020 at 1:53am

I expect Mima Ito to be giving out rice balls to Ding Ning and Liu Shiwen during practice LOL
Butterfly TB ALC fl
FH: Tenergy 05Hard 2.1
BH: Tenergy 80 2.1

Andro Treiber Z - fl
FH: Tibhar MX-P Hard 2.1
BH: Tibhar Aurus 2.1
kakapo View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kakapo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/24/2020 at 2:40am
https://www.ittf.com/2020/11/24/32-stars-lined-wtt-macao/

No Japanese, no Liu Shiwen and not FZD.
mykonos96 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykonos96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/24/2020 at 8:15pm

https://www.ittf.com/2020/11/24/32-stars-lined-wtt-macao/

No Japanese, no Liu Shiwen and not FZD.

Japanese must feel disapointed at least ito and niwa didnt played well.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic