Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  Help Desk Help Desk  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 2021 WTTC Houston USA Nov. 23-29
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

2021 WTTC Houston USA Nov. 23-29

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 27>
Author
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/23/2021 at 5:24pm
Originally posted by DonnOlsen DonnOlsen wrote:

Hi,

Kanak has An from South Korea.  We will learn something of Kanak's level with this match.  I'm saying Kanak plays him, at least, tough.

Also, this is a brutal World's with only single elimination.  Must be Covid.

Thanks.

The event is shorter as well.  The shorter event with fewer players feeds the single elimination focus.
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Mazunov
FH: TBD (MX-S, C1)
BH: C1
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
Sponsored Links

amateur View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amateur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/23/2021 at 5:49pm
Timo in Houston - hoping to get a push from the enthusiastic American fans...

liulin04 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liulin04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/23/2021 at 6:36pm
Can someone enlighten me just what the hell is going on with this years WTTC compared to the priors, I'm confused af. 
1. I dont see any Prelims this time
2. The main draw has always been Single Elimination, why did ITTF or someone on here acted so surprised that they are SE?
3. Why is the naming of this years WTTC Finals? Is it because its towards the end of the year? Why not just stick with WTTC?
AMonteiro View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMonteiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/23/2021 at 6:58pm
WTTC Finals because there's no Prelims or Qualify. Only the best ranked players are allowed to participate. 
Dynaryz AGR /Yasaka Goiabao 5 / Dynaryz AGR
Egghead View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Egghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/23/2021 at 7:04pm
Originally posted by liulin04 liulin04 wrote:

Can someone enlighten me just what the hell is going on with this years WTTC compared to the priors, I'm confused af. 
1. I dont see any Prelims this time
2. The main draw has always been Single Elimination, why did ITTF or someone on here acted so surprised that they are SE?
3. Why is the naming of this years WTTC Finals? Is it because its towards the end of the year? Why not just stick with WTTC?
I guess  
C19
thought it was prelims
may be US thing
Aurora ST: Rhyzm / Talent OX
penholderxxx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote penholderxxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/23/2021 at 7:39pm
Seen any players using the new coloured rubbers ?
Iloveplayingtabletennis
amateur View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amateur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/23/2021 at 8:02pm
Game 7 now for Jha-An.

The commentators are Jimmy Butler and someone who sounds like Owen Wilson.
pongfugrasshopper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pongfugrasshopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/23/2021 at 8:14pm
Great match for Kanak.  Harimoto thanks you.
Tiggs_1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiggs_1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/23/2021 at 8:16pm
Kanak pulls out in 7. 
kindof99 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kindof99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/23/2021 at 8:16pm
Congratulations to Kanak Jha. Pretty cool at the end.
AMonteiro View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMonteiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/23/2021 at 8:25pm
Originally posted by penholderxxx penholderxxx wrote:

Seen any players using the new coloured rubbers ?

Aruna using green BH and Petrissa purple BH.
Dynaryz AGR /Yasaka Goiabao 5 / Dynaryz AGR
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pongfugrasshopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/23/2021 at 8:55pm
Don't know why ITTF has so much problems with electronic scoreboard.  Haven't they been doing this for years?
kindof99 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kindof99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/23/2021 at 8:59pm
Originally posted by pongfugrasshopper pongfugrasshopper wrote:

Don't know why ITTF has so much problems with electronic scoreboard.  Haven't they been doing this for years?

A lot of problems today. It seems that ITTS has been overwhelming. Hopefully everything will get better starting tomorrow.
heavyspin View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heavyspin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/23/2021 at 9:30pm
With score displays not working, it's difficult to follow the 8 windows I arranged on my pc for the 8 livestreamed tables.

Trying to develop a fast short serve.
Egghead View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Egghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/23/2021 at 10:15pm
I remember there was a way to read the tournament info (players, match, table etc) in the old ittf old formate. Does anyone here remember it? The current website is so hard to get the info, such as table # (I can only find it at the results but it only few each time), or current playing matches.
TIA

Edited by Egghead - 11/23/2021 at 10:33pm
DonnOlsen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonnOlsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/23/2021 at 10:21pm
And Lily wins too.

She has Sun Yingsha in the Quarters; it will be a tough one.
Ignoramus et ignorabimus
Jeff(ATTC) View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff(ATTC) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/23/2021 at 11:46pm
USA! USA! USA!
DHS HL3
FH: MXP50
BH: FastArc G1
kindof99 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kindof99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/24/2021 at 12:01am
Originally posted by Egghead Egghead wrote:

I remember there was a way to read the tournament info (players, match, table etc) in the old ittf old formate. Does anyone here remember it? The current website is so hard to get the info, such as table # (I can only find it at the results but it only few each time), or current playing matches.
TIA

at wtt website, go to the scheduled matches, and you will find the table # for each match.

Still a mess compared to the old ITTF website. 
Egghead View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Egghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/24/2021 at 12:08am
Originally posted by kindof99 kindof99 wrote:

Originally posted by stiltt stiltt wrote:

yes, now imagine China taking it anyway as it will probably happen; then the spanking will be even more severe as in "come on! no ML, no XX and all the CNT is on one side and you still can't make it?"

At least make the CNT coaches sweat more..
Am I read the draw wrong? four Top CNT men are in the upper half?

Edited by Egghead - 11/24/2021 at 12:11am
Egghead View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Egghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/24/2021 at 12:11am

TIA

at wtt website, go to the scheduled matches, and you will find the table # for each match.

thx, I give up already. The scheduled matches, live matches and result tabs are so dynamic that the info are moving target. 
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/24/2021 at 2:07am
Lily and LGY are kinda cute together, I wonder if there is room for romance there, they are both stunning in their own righty and lefty.

timoboll89 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timoboll89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/24/2021 at 2:59am
i predict a fan zhendong vs harimoto final

Edited by timoboll89 - 11/24/2021 at 3:07am
DonnOlsen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonnOlsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/24/2021 at 7:38am

TIA

Where is the Scheduled Matches link?

Thanks
Ignoramus et ignorabimus
heavyspin View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heavyspin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/24/2021 at 9:05am

And Lily wins too.

and Amy Wang has Chen Meng is the Quarters.
heavyspin View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heavyspin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/24/2021 at 9:07am

TIA

Where is the Scheduled Matches link?

Thanks

The scheduled matches link appears after clicking the results link

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pongfugrasshopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/24/2021 at 9:40am
I didn't watch it, but I read that in Mixed Doubles, Canada had 2 match points in 5th game against Japan (Shibata/Uda), but lost.  Ouch.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pongfugrasshopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/24/2021 at 10:29am
Originally posted by heavyspin heavyspin wrote:

And Lily wins too.

and Amy Wang has Chen Meng is the Quarters.

I see what you did there Wink.

Lily should be able to breeze through Doo Hoi Kem, and Amy won't have any trouble at all with Cheng I-Ching Wink.
Twiddler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twiddler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/24/2021 at 12:03pm
Is there a list of matches by table and time in chronological order?
heavyspin View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote heavyspin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/24/2021 at 12:12pm
Originally posted by pongfugrasshopper pongfugrasshopper wrote:

I didn't watch it, but I read that in Mixed Doubles, Canada had 2 match points in 5th game against Japan (Shibata/Uda), but lost.  Ouch.

You can watch the edited replay here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ho7ZfPNJBOw
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pongfugrasshopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/24/2021 at 12:14pm
Originally posted by Twiddler Twiddler wrote:

Is there a list of matches by table and time in chronological order?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 27>
  Share Topic