FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

8030 a Sardius Replica?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 8030 a Sardius Replica?
    Posted: 08/24/2005 at 8:26am

I heard that the Friendship 8030 Carbon blade is supposed to be a Butterfly Sardius replica. Can anyone confirm this? Anyone tried both to compare?

The cost difference is huge...

Cheers!

Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
Tenergy Alternatives | My TT Articles
Sponsored Links

bigreddawgie View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigreddawgie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/24/2005 at 6:29pm
is the friendship blade brown color?
haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/24/2005 at 7:53pm

Yes, the handle is brown. I've looked the picture of both the friendship 8030 and the Sardius, and they look virtually identical. I would like to know how similar they are in performance.

I think the sardius is still a very highly regarded blade used by many top players. So if Firendship make one similar in performance at less than half the price it's worth considering...

Cheers,

Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigreddawgie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/24/2005 at 9:04pm
can u show a pic of the blade?
haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/24/2005 at 9:50pm

Here is the picture scanned in from the catalogue... that's not really going to help us determine if the performance is the same though...

Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigreddawgie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/25/2005 at 11:52pm
wat bout 729 6020? my coach uses that
haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/26/2005 at 12:14am

Are you asking me for another picture?

Has anyone used the 8030???

Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
kamus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kamus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/18/2006 at 12:30am
I have played with butterfly and chinese blade for 16 years.. and until now i still keep on changing blade from chinese to butterfly and vice versa.

One thing i notice that chinese blade the durability is low. Yes i agree it's cheap. I think if you have both blade with SIMILAR PERFORMANCE i would rather buy the quality one becoz i dont need to twice with the cheap blade which cost me fuel and time to go and buy :-)

Butterfly a litle bit expensive but i put my trust in this product since it offers quality so i dont need to go and buy twice :-)

O! Ju Qian View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote O! Ju Qian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/18/2006 at 12:38am
sardius is very fast blade.
BL: Yasaka Extra Offensive CP
FH: Hurricane 3 Pro
BH: Tenergy 05

"Practice is USELESS if you don't understand what you are doing."
haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/18/2006 at 12:43am

That sound exactly like the marketing that Butterfly uses...

I find that all my blades pretty much last forever if I look after them...unless I hit them on something.

Did you know that many of the Butterfly blades are also made in China? Blades like the VSG and Twist series are all made in China...that's why they're relatively cheap for a butterfly blade. They look very good quality to me.

Many of the big blade manufacturers in China make blades for the non-chinese brand names... something they try not to advertise... but it's true. The top few Chinese blade manufacturer make very high quality blades.

Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
wfwfitz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wfwfitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/18/2006 at 5:11pm
I use the Sardius so I am also interested in finding out if there are chinese blades that are clones of it.
Wfwfitz
Xiom Axelo
Xiom Sigma Pro Red and Black
Butterfly Amultart
Tenergy 05 Black and Red 64
kamus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kamus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/19/2006 at 12:10am
Originally posted by haggisv haggisv wrote:

Did you know that many of the Butterfly blades are also made in China?�Blades like the VSG and Twist series are all made in China...that's why they're relatively cheap for a butterfly blade. They look very good quality to me.

Many of the big blade manufacturers in China make blades for the non-chinese brand names... something they try not to advertise... but it's true. The top few Chinese blade manufacturer make very high quality blades.

Wow .. i just know that ..anyway i just bought yesterday a new sardius and it come with serial no. I wonder why it has serial No.

Any pointer ..

Leeroy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leeroy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/19/2006 at 12:30am

So the Sardius has a serial number.  Your point Kamus?  Anyone can whack a number on anything.  I don't see your point and a need for a point from haggisv.

wfwfitz I think the 8030 is pretty darn cheap.  Since you like the Sardius maybe you can get an 8030 and give it a go.  I have heard that the 8030 is really good but you hear many things .

Blade: Galaxy U4
BH: DHS H2 (orange)
FH: DHS G666 or 729 40H German ESN

http://www.myspace.com/leethedream
Leeroy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leeroy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/19/2006 at 12:33am

If you do wfwfitz let us know.  If not no worries.  Maybe Kamus can try it...

Have you tried the 8030 Kamus?

wfwfitz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wfwfitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/19/2006 at 1:39am
Dont think I will try it for a while.  I have too many blades already.
Wfwfitz
Xiom Axelo
Butterfly Amultart
kamus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kamus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/19/2006 at 1:58am
Originally posted by Leeroy Leeroy wrote:

If you do wfwfitz let us know.� If not no worries.� Maybe Kamus can try it...

Have you tried the 8030 Kamus?

i'm going to test it out..it just around 12usd in my country ..

wfwfitz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wfwfitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/19/2006 at 9:43pm
Thats cheap.  I see it for 19.90 Euros on Italian Zeropong.
Wfwfitz
Xiom Axelo
Butterfly Amultart
stefanusj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stefanusj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/21/2006 at 11:07am
Today I try my friend's 8030. I have used gergely, primorac carb, sardius, schlager carbon before... 8030 is very light, handle is a bit smaller than sardius. Maybe its ok for woman or kids or people with small hands.

The feel: hard, vibrate is pretty minimum, but not as good as sardius. Not as powerful as sardius.

My comment: ok if you want something cheap and feels good, but if you already used or want the identic feels with sardius, you better get away from it. Sardius clone? Not even close baby....
stefanusj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stefanusj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/21/2006 at 11:18am
I test the blades an compare it side by side with primorac carbon. Off course with the same rubbers. Still primorac feels more control and more power than 8030. but primo is heavier.

to get an idea, I think primorac has only 80-90% of sardius.

stefanusj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stefanusj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/21/2006 at 11:21am
sorry, tippo....

to get an idea, I think primorac has only 80-90% power of sardius.
Leeroy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leeroy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/21/2006 at 10:23pm

Good job Stefan baby!

What rubbers did you use may I ask...

wfwfitz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wfwfitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/21/2006 at 10:33pm
Thanks for the handle info as I have big hands.
Wfwfitz
Xiom Axelo
Butterfly Amultart
stefanusj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stefanusj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/21/2006 at 10:56pm
Hahaha... ok baby
for the test i use LKT pro XP and XT.

don't wanna use some fancy rubber, only a decent one. i put it in both primo and 8030.

glad can help, wfwfitz.
kamus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kamus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/22/2006 at 11:48am
hi,

i tried 8030 ..mmm i dont think it is clone to sardius.I think It's slow. i tested it with my current rubbers. Sriver G2(FH) and 729-3(BH) ..

Perhaps i can say sardius it's much better than 8030 and Shlager hehehe ...

8030 i think it's suitable for beginner.

haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/23/2006 at 12:30am
The 8030 is not a slow blade. Although I have not tried one with rubbers, I've bounched a ball on the blade, it's pretty fast.
Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
kamus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kamus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/23/2006 at 9:57am
haggisv ..

that was what i did and thinking before buying ritc hurricane higher 2 blade. but after put rubbers and played i was really disappointed with the speed.

normal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote normal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/24/2006 at 6:02pm

Haggisv,Kamus and all off you guys when are U going to learn that speed isn't everything.The 8030 series are rated off- they are carbon blades based on accuracy with the ability to accelerate.Those blades never will be speed demons.I play with the dynasty super carbon and it is slightly faster than the BTY KLH-euro but is has a real accuracy which I use very much.Friendship has released some Faster- and Higherblades with 9-ply carbon and they should be faster.

Will Power Carbon-Arylate by 729
Forehand Red LKT Rapid Soft 2.0mm
Back hand Black LKT Rapid Soft 2.0mm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic