Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

about Jan-Ove Waldner!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
Larq View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Larq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/12/2005 at 2:03pm

is waldner going out of table tennis this year?

waldner ȥƹ?

I hope that no

JvEa View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JvEa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/12/2005 at 4:03pm

Yes, after the european and world championships.

But you schould never say never...

"Victory isn't the most important thing, it's the ONLY thing!)

Blade: Donic Waldner senso V2
Fh & Bh: Butterfly Catapult 1,9 mm
petermoo View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote petermoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/12/2005 at 4:49pm
The Waldner book is a fantasic read. I reccommend it!
yulske View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yulske Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/12/2005 at 5:42pm

i dont think that waldner is getting out of table tennis...neither will persson or a lot of those older players...beacuse i think the money in table tennis is increasing now...and why not make as much as you can while you can?

clipper
magna
hammond
holoclothes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote holoclothes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/12/2005 at 7:16pm

because not everyone is a dirty capitalist

go commis

just kidding

"If I had a gun, there'd be no tomorrow"
BLADE: Yasaka Neptune
FH: Yasaka New Era
freddo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/11/2005 at 4:25pm
Waldner will earn a lot of money by let companies use his name. His amasing career will soon come to an end because he got problems with his back, and are on the way to be invalid if he dont quit soon..

(sorry for my bad english)
EHOKA View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EHOKA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/11/2005 at 5:11pm

Year Right

Waldner Is And Was Fantastic And Correct The Best Player Of All Times

In Athens 2004 Medail Match Versus Wang Liqin , That Was Absolute Fantastic 

crash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/29/2005 at 3:36pm
I totally agree that Waldner is the best player of all times.And hes definetely the maost talented player.He also has a great character.I had the chance to sit down and drink a beer with him last year and he is a grat person with a fantastic sense of humour.Ive also read the book and all i can say is:buy it!!!!!!
Love & peace
hristo View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hristo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/29/2005 at 3:52pm
Originally posted by holoclothes holoclothes wrote:

i was wondering, do the pros ever serve down the line to their opponent's forehand?

It's  more dificult to make this serve because of the new serving ruulz 
Scarbo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scarbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/29/2005 at 3:54pm
Crash, did you ask him which material he used at the time?
crash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/30/2005 at 3:17pm
Yeah he told me that till 1994 he used BANDA Waldner with BANDA Waldi rubber.Then he signed a DONIC-Contract and started to play COPPA on the same blade which has been exactly copied for him by DONIC(I play this blade,too.Its great).Later he played DONIC Waldner Dicon with J.O.-Waldner rubbers.And with the 40mm-ball he changed his blade to J.O.-Waldner Carbon.His glue is Persson Speedlight. 
Love & peace
Scarbo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scarbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/30/2005 at 5:39pm

Thanks crash! No special layers or modifications in his material then? Good stuff.

/D

Gaute View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaute Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/14/2005 at 12:40pm

Waldner is the greatest player ever, but what is the greates national team of all time in europe? I think Sweden!

Blade: Avalox
Rubbers:Donic desto F3 Big slam (both sides)

I have stopped gluening now, I play as good without. Donic desto F3 Big slam gives klick anyways...
Sabito View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sabito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/14/2005 at 12:49pm
all the way sweden, they beat the chinese team when the chinese were the best
Gaute View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaute Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/14/2005 at 1:43pm
and number 2?

I have stopped gluening now, I play as good without. Donic desto F3 Big slam gives klick anyways...
kimei View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kimei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/14/2005 at 2:35pm
Originally posted by wfwfitz wfwfitz wrote:

Yes he is a great player, but any world class player would look great in a best of video.

hahahaha!! that is so true!!

wang liqin is the greatest of all time!!
Sabito View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sabito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/14/2005 at 2:54pm
for me waldner is far away from wlq, wang is awesome but he's following the parameters of a super tecnical game with the best fh in the history but waldner he was just joking with liu guoliang when they were playing in 2000 at world team championships,
kimei View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kimei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/14/2005 at 3:14pm
Originally posted by Sabito Sabito wrote:

for me waldner is far away from wlq, wang is awesome but he's following the parameters of a super tecnical game with the best fh in the history but waldner he was just joking with liu guoliang when they were playing in 2000 at world team championships,

and liu was just joking with him (and persson) the 8 times he beat him before that!!
Sabito View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sabito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/14/2005 at 3:53pm
didnt you read well, I say waldner in that match managed the game for him easily and liu was once, and again laughing of irony, looking how waldner was winning the match without much of him
kimei View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kimei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/14/2005 at 4:00pm
didn't you read well, i say liu in those 8 matches before managed the game for him easily and again laughing of irony, looking how liu was winning those matches without much of him!!
indy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote indy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/14/2005 at 4:34pm
Waldner developed his onw tecnics blocks side spin and  serves e make the diference from the others with that  diferent  irreverent cleaver and letal style almost perfect
mike the best
TT_Freak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TT_Freak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/15/2005 at 3:46am
Those sidespin blocks were in use by the Chinese a decade before Waldner became known for them. Its just that the only players that the coaches let play in the World Championships were usually either penholders, choppers or combination bat players. You can see how developed the blocks were in the Jiang Jialiang training video, they were the products of years of developed training. Its just that its usually too subtle to notice in a match situation (which is why the push/block is far more dangerous than most people give it credit for).
Violin
F1
Actor

10g at 3 and 9
10g at 12
20g at the end of handle
Fraziel View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fraziel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/15/2005 at 8:43am
[Probably u r wright but we must remember the game develops, its faster now with more spin, true he was great but he cant block the way he blocked then against top dogs now. dont get me wrong i m also a big fan of his. AGEis alsoa factorbut handshakers last longer then penholders for many reasons. Semifinalist in the recent olympic....

[/QUOTE]
mcuba,what are you talking about? with the 40mm ball tt is, if anything, slower and has less spin. if waldner was 30 now he would still be best in the world. he got to semis of olympics age 38 due to pure talent.did he not also get to final in 2000 at age 34? it had nothing to do with him being shakehand as opposed to penhold
Fraziel,
blade- tibhar samsonov alpha
rubber, FH- palio cj8000 on canon 1.8 mm 40 sponge, BH- same
TT_Freak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TT_Freak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/15/2005 at 8:59am
It was also due to there being no new Swedish juniors that could match up to him, which isn't a good thing at all.
Violin
F1
Actor

10g at 3 and 9
10g at 12
20g at the end of handle
Gaute View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaute Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/15/2005 at 3:35pm

Waldner is the table tennis "Maradonna", and Wlq. is only a world champion, sure Waldner is bether!

Fraziel View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fraziel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/15/2005 at 7:00pm
Originally posted by Gaute Gaute wrote:

Waldner is the table tennis "Maradonna", and Wlq. is only a world champion, sure Waldner is bether!

absolutely bang on. great comparison.
Fraziel,
Fraziel View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fraziel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/15/2005 at 7:04pm
check out www.donic.com they have a section called the jan ove waldner story. it lists everything he has achieved. it is incredible.
Fraziel,
Gaute View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaute Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/16/2005 at 10:52am
Yes, he played matches in the swedish top division in a age of 12 years, thats incredible!

chris70 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chris70 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/16/2005 at 6:32pm

And in an age of 40 years he can still beat everybody in the strongest European league nowadays when he has a good day - that's amazing, too!

Waldner is not only the best player of this period, he's without a doubt the best player ever and nobody of todays best players will ever have a chance to reach only half of what he did!

TT_Freak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TT_Freak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/16/2005 at 11:25pm
Aside from the fact that Liu Guoliang & Kong Linghui already achieved the titles he won (that they are eligible for) and in half the time as well. That aside it is pretty much common knoweledge (in China) that all the old champions such as Jiang Jialiang, Liu Guoliang and Chen Longcan can still beat the younger and faster players with brains.
Violin
F1
Actor

10g at 3 and 9
10g at 12
20g at the end of handle
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic