FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

about Jan-Ove Waldner!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/15/2006 at 2:18am
Originally posted by yogi_bear yogi_bear wrote:

yes basketball is a team sport and so is football, but u cannot deny that great individuals arise and become recognized for their skills and talents
idiotic, hey read your nick yogui bear, well i dont think a 12 year old can make a decent posting, who s next? alice in wonderland

weeny bear you still havent told what is talent? or you are busy tryng to find the 80$ rubber that wang liquin use and will improve your crappy play

many cannot  live with the thought or having your hero stemsrolled by the chinese liu, if you have doubts about it, record guinnes book has a pic of liu in the tabletenis section,
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/15/2006 at 2:22am
Originally posted by indy indy wrote:

For shore he would won Gaute

go figure walnder playing in china trying to beat 1000 players he wouldnt make it
or wang liquin would have born in sweden

do you think maradona would have done the same thing walnder did in bremen when he refused to play china being non injured??  how do you call that? guts???
braveness??
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/15/2006 at 10:41pm

again, posting stupid posts like those bbkon it makes me puke, im still asking where did u get the conclusion that i based my opinion on just an 8 minute video??

oh guinness, so y not voictor barna then? he is the all time record holder of most titles by a table tennis player.. deng yaping has more titles than liu y not deng?

waldner would beat your crappy play including those 1000+ level chinese guys and yes training made a difference in waldner and liqin's gameplay unless of course youre too dumb to rationalize that training plays a major part on your play...

waldner never played with just guts, he played coz he was good whether he wins or loses.. it makes me laugh that you cant even reach 10% of his accomplishments and you say all bad things bout him.. tang ina mo gago ka at bobo ka!

Independent online TT Product reviewer of ADIDAS, STIGA, TIBHAR, NEXY, JOOLA, ALSER & XVT

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
fortunateluck View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fortunateluck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/16/2006 at 7:26am

Waldner who?

waldiii View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote waldiii Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/16/2006 at 8:04am
If somebody like or dislike Waldner is the greatest and wont be repeated.
Blade: KLS
FH: Bryce
BH: Nittaku hammand
darcycudmorepei View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darcycudmorepei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/29/2006 at 10:24am

Originally posted by petermoo petermoo wrote:

The Waldner book is a fantasic read. I reccommend it!

Jan Ove Waldner: When The Feeling Decides ?

I just recieved it in the mail, I ordered it from the internet. I hope its good. It looks good.

ssiew968 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ssiew968 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/29/2006 at 10:46am

Waldner is definitely the greatest. However, the fact that he can still play top level was also attributable to the non-existence of potential successor in Sweden. So he still had the opportunity to play at high level internationally and thus opportunity to sustain there. Unlike China. Look at Kong. He still beat lots of international players esp non Chinese like Michael Maze. In most international tournaments that he managed to get a place to play for China, he was beaten mainly by his Chinese colleagues and not others. However, he faces stiff competition from China internally rather than internationally. So he get lesser chances to compete internationally and thus ability to sustain at that level decreased. Same will go for Wang Liqin and Ma Lin in a few years time as younger players will develop fasters (lots of them in China -> Wang Hao, Ma Long, Chen Qi, Hao Shuai, and lots more shown in Chinese Super League.

FH:Xiom Omega IV Pro Max
BH:Donic Acuda S1 Max
Butterfly Innerforce ZLC (flare)
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/29/2006 at 12:19pm

Originally posted by yogi_bear yogi_bear wrote:

bbkon, you are as idiotic as your post, i never based my opinion on the video, i saw him play personally! and i based it on his records, u suck

check that nickname you use, whos the idiot brat!!!

bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/29/2006 at 12:39pm

2003 schlagger wiped 2 good players in the wqttc ,next year did nothing

2004 ryu won the olympics next year lose to heister and didnt make the world cup

2005 maze won 2 chinese then suck at bremen

walner won 2 knucleheads (boll and ma) then at the bremen 2006 wttc lost to filimon , the most waited match china sweden, the 2006 swedish champion didnt played to the chinese not injured, younger player had to play,walder was afraid he would never give the chinese the joy of nail walner. THE BEST PLAYER OF ALL TIMES NEVER PLAYED..THAT'S GUTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!. THE SWEDISH NATIONAL CHAMPION 2006 PLAYED IN THE BENCH, GO WALNER

WALDNER IS OLD WHEN HE LOSES BUT WHEN HE FACES A EASY OPPONNENT HE RUNS ALL OVER THE COURT,

btw the topic of best all times ,check the guiness boofk 2006 ,,who's the chinese in the table tennis chapter. i know peolpe will hate me cos i dont support walner, he s one of the best, he was but no longer, many people cant accept that..many argue that no one will do that cos they dont like an asian roll over the europeans

check your stats and who has won always a medal in a big tournament and the answer is not walnder, he zhiwen was 43  at 2005 wtttc married, 2 kids played

defending world champion and won. can walnder do that? who looks worse he zhiwen or waldner. he was the greatest; learn to live with that

agni View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/29/2006 at 3:15pm
I see that this forum is dominated by european players and they do best what they always do . Immortalise one player which they can always see. Unfortunately , there are no opinion of chinese players , so the real content will never be clear . There are always better player in making . Only think needed is a unbiased approach for looking at it. I would says waldner was a poineer in redefining status quo of shakehand game , and thats why he was important for tt . Having said that , There is no point in discussing that he was god etc , as after every macnroe ,sampras there comes a federer and this goes on .This type of biased discussion is unfruitful .    
applegreen allplay senso v1

FH yasaka mark v 2.0
BH Sriver FX 2.0

ilikepp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ilikepp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/14/2006 at 8:13am
Originally posted by JvEa JvEa wrote:

I have always now that Jan-Ove Waldner was(and is) a very great tabletennis player, but

then i saw a video about him at www.tos-noes.com (Waldner. Best of) and understand how EXTREM good he was, you must see it!

I think you all agree when I say that J-O Waldner is the greatest player of all times!!!

yes i agree with you. i also think that man is artist of this game.

i like table tennis and make friends here.
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/14/2006 at 10:22am

i dont care if my game sucks, but liu had a better record cos he always got a medal in 1995-2001, waldner walked away atlanta 1996,osaka 2001 with out wininning nothing,,   liu was so good that ittf banned his rubber pushing him to retire

liu never was defeated 11-0, liu never got chickened like waldner when he should have played to china in bremen being the national champion of his country

T1moBoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T1moBoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/14/2006 at 5:40pm
i am also out of control and not from this planet
zzzuppp View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zzzuppp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/14/2006 at 6:22pm
Originally posted by bbkon bbkon wrote:

i dont care if my game sucks, but liu had a better record cos he always got a medal in 1995-2001, waldner walked away atlanta 1996,osaka 2001 with out wininning nothing,, liu was so good that ittf banned his rubber pushing him to retire

Actually Liu Guoliang was knocked out early on in the 1997 Worlds(which Waldner won,every match 3-0);and he didn't get an individual medal in 2001.
Your reasoning is a little faulty.By the same token you might as well say 'Waldner always got a medal 1987-1993' (except for the '88 Olympics),not to mention 1997,2000,2004.
Similarly the ITTF didn't ban Liu's rubber 'because he (Liu) was so good.'

liu never was defeated 11-0, liu never got chickened like waldner when he should have played to china in bremen being the national champion of his country

Liu Guoliang only played for one year under the 11-up scoring system,so it's unlikely that he would have had an 11-0 loss.(Waldner's 11-0 loss was at the age of 40).
I take the second half of your paragraph to mean that Waldner somehow refused to play against China in the 2006 World teams.These matters are in the hands of the coach,not the players.Sweden had little chance of getting anywhere against China,and having just lost to Romania would (I guess) have wanted to rest their 'national champion' for matches where he might affect the overall result.
Tommy lee View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tommy lee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/14/2006 at 6:56pm

Great stuff zzzuppp

Somehow these members who are not European think that anyone who is European or supports Waldner is against Asians or racist, This is crap!!!

Most of the people I talk to about there favorite players usually have at least 1 chinese player in there top 3, Mine is wlq by the way.

When talking about a players greatness we talk about him in his own era, For Waldner that is 80's and 90's not 2006, Like it or not this man not only dominated world tabletennis during this time but he was such a force that the Chinese had to change there playing style to compete, This isn't fiction this is fact.

Pleasa quote me (someone always does on this forum) Boring.

darcycudmorepei View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darcycudmorepei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/16/2006 at 5:33pm
rfinder4000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rfinder4000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/03/2007 at 1:59pm
Waldner creates a LEGEND in tabletennis with his name atttached to it in this time era. So far no one can do it yet, so whoever will be able to accomplish or exceed Waldner record can claim to be Waldner titles. And for now, other players are great, but Waldner is still a LEGEND.
Beisis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beisis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/13/2008 at 2:57pm
Waldner was one of the best game readers
liXiao View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liXiao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/13/2008 at 2:58pm
Grave digger.
Butterfly Viscaria
DHS Hurricane 3 Provincial
Butterfly Dignics 05
theman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/13/2008 at 5:12pm
he only joined today, Beisis, I know you're new here, but ex-moderators like lixiao prefer new topcis to be created rather than searching for threads that are 3 or more yrs old.
i lost my racquet

Schlager u beast

http://www.youtube.com/MDSguy

ppmax View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ppmax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/13/2008 at 6:06pm
I may as well add my comment.

To those who think Waldner is overrated (which is fine as it's your personal opinion), please don't target your gun at Waldner himself. He has done nothing to offend anyone here.

bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/14/2008 at 1:04am
Originally posted by zzzuppp zzzuppp wrote:

i dont care if my game sucks, but liu had a better record cos he always got a medal in 1995-2001, waldner walked away atlanta 1996,osaka 2001 with out wininning nothing,,   liu was so good that ittf banned his rubber pushing him to retire

Actually Liu Guoliang was knocked out early on in the 1997 Worlds(which Waldner won,every match 3-0);and he didn't get an individual medal in 2001.
Your reasoning is a little faulty.By the same token you might as well say 'Waldner always got a medal 1987-1993' (except for the '88 Olympics),not to mention 1997,2000,2004.
Similarly the ITTF didn't ban Liu's rubber 'because he (Liu) was so good.'

Liu Guoliang only played for one year under the 11-up scoring system,so it's unlikely that he would have had an 11-0 loss.(Waldner's 11-0 loss was at the age of 40).
I take the second half of your paragraph to mean that Waldner somehow refused to play against China in the 2006 World teams.These matters are in the hands of the coach,not the players.Sweden had little chance of getting anywhere against China,and having just lost to Romania would (I guess) have wanted to rest their 'national champion' for matches where he might affect the overall result.

i said a medal as doubles player or single..waldner didnt get a medial in 1996, well he said thta he only care impoirtant macths

regarding liu, among a hundred rubbers, spin pips used since 70's, its not too much a coincidence banning that rubber  when liu was the best server and world champion. SURE tsp made a bad batch in that year.

along 1995-2001 every year liu had a medal no matter single or double and thats the important thing about being a sportman.. how many years took liu to reach a final and to win all???  grand slam at 24 yo, waldner won firts tittle at 24.

a coach always ask a player if he is willing to play, 1st time ever the best player of a country dont play a team match or he was afraid to face ma lin?..anyway 3 times gold wlq will be a better feat that all the swede career but if somebody wants to bellitle wang or liu him there will be always a neat reason..i f walnder woild  have been chinese and  liu white .there would be a diffrent opinion

2006 guiness world guiness book had a liu pic on the table tennis section ..any reason? 
sprite View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sprite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/14/2008 at 7:25am
Liu was such a limited player that he could only play competently with one certain type of rubber?  Is that right??  bwahahaha!

It was the service rules that finished Liu off.

"i f walnder woild  have been chinese and  liu white .there would be a diffrent opinion"

Yes, that is a certainty, you wouldn't like Liu if he was white!

Speedplay View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedplay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/14/2008 at 10:08am
Now, if it's all about race, then how come (most) people recognize Bruce Lee as the greatest martial art fighter and not Chuck Norris? I do think that Chucky won some Gold medals, doubt that Bruce did...

Me, I don't loo into the race, rather the performance. Looking at the performance, Waldner is the greatest in my book, but you are all free to have your own book with another "all time best" player in it.
The holy grail
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/14/2008 at 12:29pm
Originally posted by Speedplay Speedplay wrote:

Now, if it's all about race, then how come (most) people recognize Bruce Lee as the greatest martial art fighter and not Chuck Norris? I do think that Chucky won some Gold medals, doubt that Bruce did...

Me, I don't loo into the race, rather the performance. Looking at the performance, Waldner is the greatest in my book, but you are all free to have your own book with another "all time best" player in it.

because the ittf is in europe and table tennis was invented by the english, one thing is calling bruce lee  as the best cos he looks better in movies and many people base their callings in terms of popularity , who made more movies bruce or chuck.. since all the videos we see was made by a super fan of waldner the answer is easy( i mean that company)even people at the ittf agree that is a race opinion but if you put the numbers and facts he wont...have you heard about manipulation of media..........i m not here to suppoirt the chinese players since i wanted wang hao to  win not ma lin.

at least you said in  my book..if many people like him doenst mean he s the best
liXiao View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liXiao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/14/2008 at 12:35pm
First off Jet Li is the best martial artist ever. 2rd, I have never liked Waldner and never will
Butterfly Viscaria
DHS Hurricane 3 Provincial
Butterfly Dignics 05
Speedplay View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedplay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/14/2008 at 4:49pm
Originally posted by liXiao liXiao wrote:

First off Jet Li is the best martial artist ever. 2rd, I have never liked Waldner and never will

And to think I wanted you back as a Mod

About Jet Li being the greatest martial artist ever, he admitted to the fact that the guys in the MMA would eat him alive. It was in the extras in one of his movies.
The holy grail
sprite View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sprite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/14/2008 at 5:37pm
i m not here to suppoirt the chinese players since i wanted wang hao to  win not ma lin.

Wang Hao is not Chinese?
zrrbiteDK View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zrrbiteDK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/14/2008 at 7:31pm
Originally posted by sprite sprite wrote:

i m not here to suppoirt the chinese players since i wanted wang hao to  win not ma lin.

Wang Hao is not Chinese?

Are you asking a question? Or making a statement?

In any case, he's chinese :P
Current:

Avalox BT777 / FH: Rasant / BH: Rasant Power Grip
sprite View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sprite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/14/2008 at 7:43pm
StatementEmbarrassed
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
  Share Topic