Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Adham Sharara suspended by ITTF

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Charlie Brown View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlie Brown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/21/2019 at 8:39am
Originally posted by pongfugrasshopper pongfugrasshopper wrote:

I see Mr. Sharara still listed as an ITTF Honorary Member:

***Suspension : temporary removal (as from office or privileges)

**Terms of Mr Sharara’s suspension as ratified by the ITTF Executive Committee:

During the period of his suspension, Mr Sharara may not participate in any capacity in a competition or activity organised by either the ITTF or any ITTF Member Federation. The suspension also applies to any international/national competition or event authorised by the ITTF or any elite or national-level sporting activity funded by the ITTF.

source:

** ITTF

***Mirriam-Webster

Edited by Charlie Brown - 03/21/2019 at 8:39am
*sigh*
pongfugrasshopper View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pongfugrasshopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/21/2019 at 11:01am
Being the President of the Board of Directors of Table Tennis Canada I think Adham should make some type of statement.  
tom View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/21/2019 at 11:32am

Being the President of the Board of Directors of Table Tennis Canada I think Adham should make some type of statement.  

I think he is the President and a Director - never heard of President of BOD before (but I could be wrong)
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pongfugrasshopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/21/2019 at 12:10pm
Originally posted by tom tom wrote:

I think he is the President and a Director - never heard of President of BOD before (but I could be wrong)
Yeah, I didn't know how to word it.  Here's what TTCanada shows:

BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Adham Sharara – President
Charlie Brown View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlie Brown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/21/2019 at 1:31pm
He has broken his terms and conditions  laid out by the ITTF Committee. The member council and the Board of Directors before changes would have had  prior knowledge to his suspension YET they voted him in, why?

This blatant disregard should not go unnoticed and Canada should be removed from the ittf membership till they correct their error.

*sigh*
tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/21/2019 at 2:48pm
I realize many MYTT member have their reasons . . . probably good reasons . . . for not liking Adham Sharara, but have to say . . . 

He was always kind and supportive with me. In the past, I shared emails, thoughts about the game, and laughs with him. A few years back, myself and Hookshot were his personal guests at the annual VW event in Guangzhou China. He was a wonderful host, and we had an unforgettable time. 

It seems he may have mades some mistakes . . . screwed up . . . but there is a good side to him, I can attest to that. I sincerely hope and pray all is resolved, lessons are learned, and all parties come away better off.
For More Info, PM or Email me: [email protected]
igorponger View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote igorponger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/21/2019 at 9:10pm
Mr. Sharara disgraced, he did now expressed his own perceptions of the sore issue,
interviewed remotedly by   insidethegames   reporter/
TMS was a company Sharara created in 2001 to take care of all of the ITTF's commercial needs.
    After insidethegames contacted Sharara for a response, the Canadian claimed the situation was due to his deteriorating relationship with Weikert.
He alleged that the ITTF wanted to stop the possibility of him from standing for its top job again after he became President of Table Tennis Canada (TTCAN) last year.
    Sharara also alleged he had been subject to "vicious attacks" after declaring for Saive and that he had always provided responses and explanations through legal letters from his lawyer.
    He claimed that at last year's World Team Table Championships in Sweden he was told that the ITTF "wanted peace" and "would honour his legacy" but written confirmation of this never arrived.
    Sharara said he was subject to allegations again when nominated for TTCAN President.

Adham Sharara has confirmed he will launch a legal challenge   ©Getty Images

"The accusations and allegations against me are all false," Sharara told insidethegames.
The reality is that Mr Weikert and some others in the ITTF interpret my election as President of TTCAN as a step towards the Presidency of the ITTF."

"This is why the suspension is for four years in order not to permit me to run for President of the ITTF at the next elections.
"On 13 March 2019, I offered the possibility of a meeting in London in the first week of April 2019 or at the World Championships in Budapest also in April.
"On 14 March I received a response from Mr Weikert agreeing with a possibility of a meeting in London, but again with pre-conditions of guilt.
"I responded on 14 March stating that I would be happy to meet in London, but without any preconditions.
"Without any further notice the suspension was issued today.

"This morning I received hundreds of e-mails of support and of 'amazement' from the international table tennis community and even from some members of the ITTF Executive Committee.

"This is very heart-warming.
According to the ITTF constitution, only the AGM has the right to remove the Honorary President of the ITTF. "

"I am sure that this suspension will be questioned from within the ITTF membership.

"This is a very sad day for international table tennis, instead of wasting time attacking me with frivolous accusations, the current leader of the ITTF should focus on the future and build on the legacy that I have provided through my 25 years in the ITTF, including 15 years as President.

"Of course I will be taking legal action to fight this unjust and unfair suspension and I am confident that I will be successful."

Edited by igorponger - 03/21/2019 at 9:23pm
chop4ever View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chop4ever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/21/2019 at 11:40pm
I wish table tennis will be great again!
VKMO - H3 - Curl P1
my feedback: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=55764&KW=chop4ever&title=feedback-chop4ever
jfolsen View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jfolsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/21/2019 at 11:58pm
Originally posted by chop4ever chop4ever wrote:

Truly curious, what time period did you think table tennis was great?
shaolinTT View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shaolinTT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/22/2019 at 12:33am
Originally posted by igorponger igorponger wrote:

Mr. Sharara disgraced, he did now expressed his own perceptions of the sore issue,
interviewed remotedly by   insidethegames   reporter/
TMS was a company Sharara created in 2001 to take care of all of the ITTF's commercial needs.
    After insidethegames contacted Sharara for a response, the Canadian claimed the situation was due to his deteriorating relationship with Weikert.
He alleged that the ITTF wanted to stop the possibility of him from standing for its top job again after he became President of Table Tennis Canada (TTCAN) last year.
    Sharara also alleged he had been subject to "vicious attacks" after declaring for Saive and that he had always provided responses and explanations through legal letters from his lawyer.
    He claimed that at last year's World Team Table Championships in Sweden he was told that the ITTF "wanted peace" and "would honour his legacy" but written confirmation of this never arrived.
    Sharara said he was subject to allegations again when nominated for TTCAN President.

Adham Sharara has confirmed he will launch a legal challenge   ©Getty Images

"The accusations and allegations against me are all false," Sharara told insidethegames.
The reality is that Mr Weikert and some others in the ITTF interpret my election as President of TTCAN as a step towards the Presidency of the ITTF."

"This is why the suspension is for four years in order not to permit me to run for President of the ITTF at the next elections.
"On 13 March 2019, I offered the possibility of a meeting in London in the first week of April 2019 or at the World Championships in Budapest also in April.
"On 14 March I received a response from Mr Weikert agreeing with a possibility of a meeting in London, but again with pre-conditions of guilt.
"I responded on 14 March stating that I would be happy to meet in London, but without any preconditions.
"Without any further notice the suspension was issued today.

"This morning I received hundreds of e-mails of support and of 'amazement' from the international table tennis community and even from some members of the ITTF Executive Committee.

"This is very heart-warming.
According to the ITTF constitution, only the AGM has the right to remove the Honorary President of the ITTF. "

"I am sure that this suspension will be questioned from within the ITTF membership.

"This is a very sad day for international table tennis, instead of wasting time attacking me with frivolous accusations, the current leader of the ITTF should focus on the future and build on the legacy that I have provided through my 25 years in the ITTF, including 15 years as President.

"Of course I will be taking legal action to fight this unjust and unfair suspension and I am confident that I will be successful."

I find this declaration troublesome.
-He wants to run for president again?
-Sad day for international TT?
-Legacy?
Come on! 

Edited by shaolinTT - 03/22/2019 at 12:35am
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pongfugrasshopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/22/2019 at 1:29am
Originally posted by shaolinTT shaolinTT wrote:

I find this declaration troublesome.
-He wants to run for president again?
He doesn't actually say nor imply that in the quoted article:

"The accusations and allegations against me are all false," Sharara told insidethegames.

-Sad day for international TT?
Actually, no matter for or against, it was a sad day for international TT.

-Legacy?
Come on! 

chop4ever View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chop4ever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/22/2019 at 4:11am
Originally posted by jfolsen jfolsen wrote:

When table tennis was an art and player was an artist of spin. I mean the era of 38mm celluloid ball.
Back to that days, an old man could beat a powerful player by his exp, but not now.
Nowadays, Table Tennis is more like Tennis when players could rely on fitness and tenergy.
VKMO - H3 - Curl P1
my feedback: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=55764&KW=chop4ever&title=feedback-chop4ever
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/22/2019 at 8:01am

Originally posted by jfolsen jfolsen wrote:

When table tennis was an art and player was an artist of spin. I mean the era of 38mm celluloid ball.
Back to that days, an old man could beat a powerful player by his exp, but not now.
Nowadays, Table Tennis is more like Tennis when players could rely on fitness and tenergy.

Which is kind of what should happen in SPORTS as opposed to GAMES.
bard romance View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bard romance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/22/2019 at 11:15am
Yeah, seriously. What other physical-based sport (i.e. not chess or darts) do we know where an old man not in peak fitness can beat an athlete in top shape? Lol.
zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/22/2019 at 11:58am
Yeah, seriously x2. What other physical-based sport do we know where a young man not even in puberty can beat a full-grown player? LOL!
Viscaria FL - 91g
+ Neo H3 2.15 Blk - 44.5g(55.3g uncut bare)
+ Hexer HD 2.1 Red - 49.3g(68.5g 〃 〃)
= 184.8g
bard romance View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bard romance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/22/2019 at 12:07pm
Originally posted by zeio zeio wrote:

Yeah, seriously x2. What other physical-based sport do we know where a young man not even in puberty can beat a full-grown player? LOL!

Misread this as a reference to hardbat not the 38mm ball era. In the 38 era it was still fair to say that being in top athletic form is highly advantageous. 
wturber View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wturber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/24/2019 at 1:41am
Originally posted by bard romance bard romance wrote:

Yeah, seriously. What other physical-based sport (i.e. not chess or darts) do we know where an old man not in peak fitness can beat an athlete in top shape? Lol.

But what I find odd is that at the advanced amateur levels, table tennis really isn't dominated by physical prowess.  So I disagree with the original premise that the game has changed in this way.  Good hand eye coordination and technique can totally obliterate physical prowess.

And even at higher levels, 14 year old children can dominate physically superior adults.  It is only at the very highest levels that the physical aspects of the game become necessary.
Jay Turberville
www.jayandwanda.com
Hardbat: Gambler Zebra Classic w/ Dr. Evil
chop4ever View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chop4ever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/24/2019 at 4:33am
Originally posted by wturber wturber wrote:

But what I find odd is that at the advanced amateur levels, table tennis really isn't dominated by physical prowess.  So I disagree with the original premise that the game has changed in this way.  Good hand eye coordination and technique can totally obliterate physical prowess.

And even at higher levels, 14 year old children can dominate physically superior adults.  It is only at the very highest levels that the physical aspects of the game become necessary.

Back to D38mm ball, it would take 5 years to learn all technics. Now, a kid needs 1 year to master all. TT now is much easier to play than the 38mm ball era.
Somehow, Mr. Sharara has succeeded to bring TT to be more popular, and thanks for Tenergy with BIOS sponge.
VKMO - H3 - Curl P1
wturber View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wturber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/24/2019 at 1:58pm

Originally posted by wturber wturber wrote:

Back to D38mm ball, it would take 5 years to learn all technics. Now, a kid needs 1 year to master all. TT now is much easier to play than the 38mm ball era.
Somehow, Mr. Sharara has succeeded to bring TT to be more popular, and thanks for Tenergy with BIOS sponge.

Show me a single kid that has managed to "master all" in one year.  I see no such thing happening.

The youngest U.S. National Champion is still Patty Martinez ... who did that using the 38mm ball and a hardbat.
Jay Turberville
www.jayandwanda.com
Hardbat: Gambler Zebra Classic w/ Dr. Evil
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/25/2019 at 9:42am

Now, a kid needs 1 year to master all. 

No.  This is simply not true.
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/25/2019 at 9:44am
Originally posted by zeio zeio wrote:

I am not an expert in all sports, but I think it could happen in some others.
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/25/2019 at 9:46am
In any case this thread was about Sharara.  He was sort of a mini-Blatter and in my opinion we are good to be rid of him.
ZingyDNA View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZingyDNA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/25/2019 at 9:49am

I don't see TT becoming more popular in the last 10+ years? Dead
chop4ever View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chop4ever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/26/2019 at 8:14am
With a right setup of racket, a normal kid needs 3 coaching sessions a week (3x2=6 hours) during a year then he/she could learn all TT modern techniques from attack to defense. Yet he/she couldn't be a champion in adult tournament, he/she could play TT in a decent level that a kid in 1990 must learn in 5 years.

I am that kid in 1990. It took me 3-5 years to receive service properly or confident enough to attack the service due to the fact that I was in "seeded" prov junior team. I couldn't do counter loop 5-7 times or finished to win the counter loop successfully. however my students could do counter loop easily non stop before 12 months practice.
VKMO - H3 - Curl P1
chop4ever View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chop4ever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/26/2019 at 8:18am
Originally posted by ZingyDNA ZingyDNA wrote:

I don't see TT becoming more popular in the last 10+ years? Dead

I mean in the social aspect of TT. It is easier to join the game without spending much time in practice.
VKMO - H3 - Curl P1
JonatonSmith View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JonatonSmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/30/2019 at 2:23am
Originally posted by Charlie Brown Charlie Brown wrote:

During the period of his suspension, Mr Sharara may not participate in any capacity in a competition or activity organised by either the ITTF or any ITTF Member Federation. The suspension also applies to any international/national competition or event authorised by the ITTF or any elite or national-level sporting activity funded by the ITTF.

source:

** ITTF

***Mirriam-Webster

I don't know this person Sharara  but I was talking to my friend and he said this suspended person can still play in something called hardbat & liha .  I have no idea what liha or hardbat is. My friend also said the owner of this blog used to post Sharara's picture every week which according to him was a conflict of interest in many ways & since this is in Canada & this Sharara is in Canada also, they could both  be prosecuted for collusion , according to my friend.  

Was this person Sharara a good player ? 

Edited by JonatonSmith - 03/30/2019 at 6:57am
igorponger View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote igorponger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/30/2019 at 5:39am
Shameea   
Shaymeera   
Shameara
Shamara     I do not know those guys, none of them.

Adham Sharara is a good friend of mine.
JonatonSmith View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JonatonSmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/30/2019 at 6:55am
Originally posted by igorponger igorponger wrote:

Shameea   
Shaymeera   
Shameara
Shamara     I do not know those guys, none of them.

Adham Sharara is a good friend of mine.

Very sorry 
I will fix the name 

mykonos96 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykonos96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/30/2019 at 12:43pm
Originally posted by JonatonSmith JonatonSmith wrote:

source:

** ITTF

***Mirriam-Webster

I don't know this person Sharara  but I was talking to my friend and he said this suspended person can still play in something called hardbat & liha .  I have no idea what liha or hardbat is. My friend also said the owner of this blog used to post Sharara's picture every week which according to him was a conflict of interest in many ways & since this is in Canada & this Sharara is in Canada also, they could both  be prosecuted for collusion , according to my friend.  

Just barely canada national team .he was a chopper
tom View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/30/2019 at 5:36pm
Originally posted by mykonos96 mykonos96 wrote:

Originally posted by JonatonSmith JonatonSmith wrote:

source:

** ITTF

***Mirriam-Webster

Just barely canada national team .he was a chopper

represented Canada in some lower tier competition or on the team (as a player) for the WTTC?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic