Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Analysis of the energy systems contributions in ta
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Analysis of the energy systems contributions in ta

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
j0rnal1sta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote j0rnal1sta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Analysis of the energy systems contributions in ta
    Posted: 08/15/2013 at 9:28am
Blade: Waldner Senso Carbon ST
Forehand: T05 Black
Backhand: T05 Red

Sponsored Links

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote j0rnal1sta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/15/2013 at 1:51pm

Edited by j0rnal1sta - 08/15/2013 at 1:52pm

Dr.Cho View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr.Cho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/15/2013 at 2:45pm
Isn't that Bane form Batman
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/15/2013 at 2:53pm
I remember that article that you probably read already:

http://www.ittf.com/ittf_science/sscenter/int_journal6/docs/_165.pdf

I was once surprised to read that top level tt players have the highest VO2max among athletes, all sports disciplines considered but sources are too scarce to make that a sure statement.

Is it true?

Thank you for sharing your research.

yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/15/2013 at 9:25pm
ive met miran kondric that man is a scientist in the field of tt and physical conditioning
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote j0rnal1sta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/15/2013 at 9:32pm
Hello Fatt. The table tennis players doesn't have the highest vo2max among athletes. Long distance runners as marathon runners, and endurance cyclists have the highest vo2max. But it's difficult to say about the VO2max of the best table tennis players.. because i never found good scientific papers that evaluated the vo2max from the best table tennis players (like chineses or timo boll, korea and japanese players). It's very difficult to find good research in table tennis, especially when dealing about physiology exercise. 

I heard from friends that Waldner had a vo2max about 70 ml/kg/min, a considerable value that i didn't find in my researchs. 

Thank's for your comments. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote j0rnal1sta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/15/2013 at 9:41pm
Originally posted by yogi_bear yogi_bear wrote:

ive met miran kondric that man is a scientist in the field of tt and physical conditioning

Yes.. he wrote good articles about table tennis and have a good book too. He and my advisor of masters wrote a paper (review) about tt and physiology exercise, it will be published next month.  

yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/15/2013 at 9:42pm
do you know any sources about grassroots development articles or books in tt? im also writing it as my policy paper in my masters
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/15/2013 at 9:56pm
Originally posted by j0rnal1sta j0rnal1sta wrote:

Hello Fatt. The table tennis players doesn't have the highest vo2max among athletes. Long distance runners as marathon runners, and endurance cyclists have the highest vo2max. But it's difficult to say about the VO2max of the best table tennis players.. because i never found good scientific papers that evaluated the vo2max from the best table tennis players (like chineses or timo boll, korea and japanese players). It's very difficult to find good research in table tennis, especially when dealing about physiology exercise. 

I heard from friends that Waldner had a vo2max about 70 ml/kg/min, a considerable value that i didn't find in my researchs. 

Thank's for your comments. 

wouldn't the tt athlete concentrate more on burst of speed and explosive power rather than just endurance? the muscle types of runners and ironman athletes are quite different from tt players. although endurance training is important in the preparation phase, on the latter part of the training phase like a precompetition phase, i think explosive power training is more important than endurance and in my opinion doing too much jogging when nearing competition is not really good. i based this on the seminar that i attended given by several sports scientists and sports physiologists when they visited manila. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote j0rnal1sta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/15/2013 at 10:15pm
Originally posted by yogi_bear yogi_bear wrote:

wouldn't the tt athlete concentrate more on burst of speed and explosive power rather than just endurance? the muscle types of runners and ironman athletes are quite different from tt players. although endurance training is important in the preparation phase, on the latter part of the training phase like a precompetition phase, i think explosive power training is more important than endurance and in my opinion doing too much jogging when nearing competition is not really good. i based this on the seminar that i attended given by several sports scientists and sports physiologists when they visited manila. 

I agree with you.  I made the periodization with 2 teams here (one with athletes with regional level and other team with national level, both teams from Brazil). In the beginning of the periodization,  the training were focused on endurance, and when periods pre-competition begins , the athletes do more explosive exercises using anaerobic metabolisms, mainly anaerobic alatic system.  

Add me in skype (Jorge Vieira de Mello Leite) and i can send you the articles and we can speak more about this matter. 

Edited by j0rnal1sta - 08/15/2013 at 10:27pm

yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/16/2013 at 2:44am
aight thanks

snerdly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snerdly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/16/2013 at 4:51am
Originally posted by fatt fatt wrote:

I was once surprised to read that top level tt players have the highest VO2max among athletes, all sports disciplines considered but sources are too scarce to make that a sure statement.

This may be somehow linked to the Tabata protocol in which various athletes, including collegiate table tennis players, trained at an amazing rate of 170% of VO2 max.Shocked

Only the young and very fit need applyEmbarrassed
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic