Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

backhand backswing thoughts

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
blahness View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blahness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: backhand backswing thoughts
    Posted: 10/28/2020 at 3:01am
Few things that I've tweaked recently with my BH loop.

The first thing is not drawing the bat to the stomach during the backswing but rather to the left hip -> if the swing starts from the left hip you don't need to extend your elbow forward that much which helps in terms of reducing backswing time. I believe this is also one of the secrets of the Liang Jingkun BH -> his BH powerloops usually start with the bat closer to the left hip and not the stomach.   

The other thing I realised is that similar to the FH loop, you should be doing the backswing with the body and not with the arm... it's way faster this way. If you squat slightly you don't even need to move your arm much and you've already mostly in the backswing position, and that is because the squat moves your hips backwards which creates backswing room for the bat without having to move your elbow anywhere. Consciously moving the elbow in front of your body like how Kreanga teaches is super slow to initiate and results in getting jammed bad by a quick ball. 

-------
Viscaria
FH: Hurricane 8-80
BH: D05

Back to normal shape bats :(
Sponsored Links

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic