8 [3.20%]
5 [2.00%]
35 [14.00%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
yulske View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yulske Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/06/2005 at 5:19am
joola is very good quality...its just not that popular
clipper
magna
hammond
hristo View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hristo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/06/2005 at 6:29pm
Butterfly is the best ! Their rubbers are so durable!!
Ming View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/06/2005 at 7:15pm
Stiga has been equiptment. Their Blades are by FAR the best in the world, and their rubber is very consistent, and high quality. They have nice clothes too. Also, Stiga glue is WAY better than all other glue. By a long shot
Why was I born with such contemporaries?

The public is wonderfully tolerant. It forgives everything except genius.

Any fool can make a rule, and any fool will mind it.

yulske View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yulske Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/06/2005 at 8:29pm
yeh ill agree that stigas blades are the best....great feel but they strip quite easily and so you have to lacquer them, but thats ok.
clipper
magna
hammond
hagens3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hagens3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/07/2005 at 12:47am
I baught DHS stuff and i like the quality of it.. but the dhsamerica.com site doesnt give you nough information about their products though... :(
Blade- Galaxy 896
FH Rubber- Galaxy Milkyway 3StarsII (Black)
BH Rubber- Geospin (Red)
hristo View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hristo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/07/2005 at 9:49am
Can you recomend me any Stiga rubber???For offensive play
Patmandidily View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patmandidily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/07/2005 at 11:54am
hristo, Mendo is very good. Stiga, I also think, is a very steadfast company that's been around for a long time and has had time to develop consistent products.

I still like Butterfly more though. Their products are consistent and the quality is very high. The price is too though. Buying some $200 blade is ridiculous
Blade - Bastian Steger Flared (Butterfly)
Rubber - Sriver 2.1 FH
              802-40 2.2 BH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tt-jim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/07/2005 at 12:10pm
i play a long time butterfly and this is for me once of the best but other like joola ,andro,donic also good
The Geratest Sport in the World is......Tabletennis :-D

My Wood:Double Happiness MAGICIAN E 2 OFF
My Fh Rubber:DHS Dipper 2
My Bh Rubber:DHS Dipper 2
vici View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vici Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/12/2005 at 9:45pm
Butterfly makes decent quality equipment, but they cost about 50% - 100% more than they should, so I don't like them.

On my trip back to China last year, I managed to get my hands on some provincial version rubber (stupid salespeople, I had to burn them for 15 minutes about how much their rubber sucked before they showed the real stuff), and the feeling was AWESOME. Compare that to the rubber you get on the market, and you can understand why ppl think DHS has no quality control. They have great control; good stuff goes to provincial and national teams, the stuff that the national team throws out goes to the market.

-My experience with Stiga blades have been crap.

"Courage is ability to let go of the familiar"
TTChattTown View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TTChattTown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/12/2005 at 10:44pm
I've only played with butterfly and donic but from what I hear from a guy in my club, that is a butterfly dealer, Butterfly has to be the best.
ttman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/12/2005 at 10:45pm
spintech but their prices are way too high
joey5867 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joey5867 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/12/2005 at 10:52pm

I use TIBHAR it's great but I voted BUTTERFLY.  I accept it butterlfly is the best.  Why I don't use it?  Too high prices.

BLD: NITTAKU Sanalion S
FH: DONIC Sonex JP 2.0
BH: DONIC Sonex JP 2.0
Kenred2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kenred2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/14/2005 at 4:17pm
::sigh:: I personally voted for Butterfly because of their overall quality, durability and performance.  SOmetimes, Butterfly products are really cheap, if you know sites on where to look, regardless if you think these rubbers are fraud.  But when I play with Butterfly Bryce and Shriver G2 without speed glue, it's so powerful, to make a slight touch shot, it could hit to the edge of the table, well for the Bryce.  As for the Shriver G2, it's perfect for mid-distance aggressive looping.  It's tough for me to adjust because I got use to chopping, now I want to switch my style to "attack."  I may not be the best, but I need more time to develop my techniques with the awesome quality of Butterfly, since I'll be going to Stonybrook U (this coming Fall) to attend this table tennis club there.  As for 729 blades, I love the overall quality and the prices.....I like their rediculous idea of weight distribution in the handle to produce an efficient sweet spot for the head of the blade, but hey, it works if you are using MAX sponge on both sides (decrease the weight for more "control").  Hinoki, in my opinion, is the best overall wood quality that an attack player like me can ever ask for, next to Balsa.  Their blade design is very effective and that's why I use their products on blades only, and I thank 729 for designing such a blade.  As for Juic without speed glue in MAX sponge, feels more like a DHS Hurricane 3, and little less of the Bryce on the low-throw. 
ALL of my shakehand flared customs:
1st:
729 Dynasty Hinoki Carbon->FH:SriverG2-BH:Bryce (BOTH 2.1mm sponge)
2nd:
729 Zebra Carbon Hinoki Transformer->FH:SriverG2-BH:Juic Varites (BOTH MAX sponge)
PingPongPang View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PingPongPang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/14/2005 at 10:20pm
I voted Yasaka. But I think Nittaku and TSP are some other brands with high quality. I like TSP although currently I'm not using any of their stuff
Explorer kinetic SC
729 Higher
Sriver EL
mrt4 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrt4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/15/2005 at 8:03am

yasaka makes the best blades i think.

Not sure about rubbers though?

\R

Swedish male, playing since 1993.

Blade: Timo boll w5
forehand: Tenergy 25fx 2,1

Backhand: Energy absorber 1,6

glue: waterbased!!!!

longpong View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote longpong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/17/2005 at 1:45pm

the chinese clubplayers handpic the best of the homemade stuff them selves (rubbers) ,,etc the rest goes on export..I heard this thru some chinese guy..japanese and european stuff is more well controlled,but not as cheap,...don't know about the american stuff..

Japsko allround straight
Destroyer 1.5mm black/729 2mm red (HurricaneIII red 2mm soon I hope....
Truffel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Truffel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/17/2005 at 4:10pm

I think you can't see a differnce between Andro, Butterfly and Donic because the quality status is equal. One year ago I played two Andro rubbers and I think they were quiet ok!!

At the moment I play Stiga and they're good, but not so good as the Andro rubbers!!

CT
isuckatTT View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote isuckatTT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/03/2005 at 7:55pm
butterfly...
its quality is amazing
hypedon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hypedon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/20/2006 at 5:33pm
i really think the chinese rubbers are way under rated.
Hypedon
duffdaddy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duffdaddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/20/2006 at 5:47pm

i just love friendship,

it gives (at least I think so) me the best control over the ball, that's the most important thing, i think

3ageeb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3ageeb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/20/2006 at 6:06pm
In my point of view, yasaka has the best blades and rubbers, tibhar the best shoes, butterfly the best accessories/textiles, nittaku best balls, dhs and joola and tibhar best tables, butterfly and stiga has the most sponsored players

Ahmed Saleh-Best Player in Egypt
YBFlash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YBFlash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/21/2006 at 5:49am
Butterfly is really amking quality products (blades, rubbers), but often btfy blades has lack of design. Most butterfly blades looks ugly, but quality is ok....
Blade: OSP Virtuoso+
FH: Nittaku Fastarc G-1
BH: Nittaku Fastarc G-1
YBFlash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YBFlash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/21/2006 at 6:03am
May be Stiga has less quality than Butterfly but it has good design
Blade: OSP Virtuoso+
FH: Nittaku Fastarc G-1
BH: Nittaku Fastarc G-1
chops View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chops Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/21/2006 at 6:11am
I voted for Tibhar. The quality and price is nice.
mola_samas View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mola_samas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/21/2006 at 10:59am
The really best brand isnt there. It would be Nittaku!!! Their equipments are very good, even with the abusive price. Last long than btf and also have very good rubbers and blades. Its a shame its not much used outside Japan
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/21/2006 at 10:11pm

i dont see nittaku , chinese are super picky and mostly use nittaku, tibhar blades are made in china also joola, several bty blades has manufacture flaws,like rough edges

jc48573 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jc48573 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/22/2006 at 2:15am

you guys are hella wrong.  DHS or any chinese brand should be up there, but maybe not.  i have a feeling that most of guys here play euro style so i understand how you guys feel about chinese products, so i can't really argue with you guys.  there is currently the euro and chinese style and each are quite different in terms of teaching and equipment (wutever is available to them).  the only players i know that play custom made chinese rubbers are ma lin and wang hao...hmmm...most of them are penholders who are looking for a perfect feel.  wang liqin uses the hurricane 2 rubber with blue sponge (about 45 degree), which is simply the commercial version and with that he made it to the top.  you guys should not have the right to say that chinese products are nothing compared to the brands listed above, because chinese stuff is different and they are designed for the chinese players or players who are interested in learning the chinese style.  it's just like saying that people in China learn chinese history from chinese books while people in US learn english history in books written by US people.  chinese products is simply not for everybody.  there is nothing wrong with hard rubbers because some people prefer hard sponges and i really don't understand why u guys make it sound like is wrong to play with hard sponge; it all depends on your style.  u guys should be happy that table tennis is not simply about one common thing or quality because if it was then life will be boring.  just think of it as a challenge.  hard vs. soft, spin vs. speed, chinese vs. euro, pips vs. smooth, anti vs. smooth, and so on.  who came up with this topic anyways?

Blade: Yasaka Gatien Extra, Primorac 2000 CS (traditional only)
FH: Globe 999/999T
BH: Sriver-D13-L, Sriver EL (RPB)
darcycudmorepei View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darcycudmorepei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/29/2006 at 10:28am
I love Donics Blades, And Stigas Rubber.  So I said Stiga because they also have good blades.  I hate Friendship rubber! And as far as blades, I had one and it sucked but I'm sure there's better stuff out there. Butterfly would be 3rd.
darcycudmorepei View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darcycudmorepei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/29/2006 at 10:28am

Originally posted by holoclothes holoclothes wrote:

Killerspin is good?

Haha I only like there clothes and bags Etc.

Mafo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mafo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/17/2006 at 7:57am
had to go with andro
got their new plasma rubbers and they are awesome
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic