8 [3.20%]
5 [2.00%]
35 [14.00%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
pingpongpaddy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pingpongpaddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/17/2006 at 8:15am
Where is Darker?
inactive dotec carbokev
darker speed 90
hinoki shake hands:
FH flarestorm MAX
bh Flarestorm 1.7
reachie85 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reachie85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/13/2007 at 11:12am
if i could have 2 votes, i would vote for DHS blades, and Friendship rubber
BL: Yasaka Ma Lin Extra Offensive CPen
FH: Haifu Blue Whale 2
BH: Nittaku Nodias
Weixing_Yinghao View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Weixing_Yinghao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/13/2007 at 11:29am
Butterfly is best, but I miss dr neabauer that`s quality blades!
Blade: 729 Carbon ALL+.
Rubbers:red:Tibhar Grass Spezial (ox)
Black:DaweiSuperPower 2008 (2,1)
Markus. L View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Markus. L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/14/2007 at 12:13am
hey, wheres nittaku, i love the quality and their finish product. their blades are so nicely done
Nittaku Acoustic-FL
fh/bh-Almana

BUTTERFLY Timo Boll TriCarbon-FL
fh/bh-Optimum MP

DONIC Waldner Senso Carbon
forehandloop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote forehandloop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/14/2007 at 8:07am
my friend forehandsmash used a butterfly bat and it lasted a really long time with the same quality
MALIN=Making A Loop Irritate Noobs

TIMOBOLL=Tt Includes More Of Body Odour, Lob Lowly

SAMSONOV=Slicing A Massive Spin Over Non-Oxygen Vessels

MALONG=My Attack Leads Our National Encyclopedia
DHS PPK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DHS PPK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/14/2007 at 11:35am

The best of the best in my humble opinion from sources within the game:

Avalox, Darker and DHS Hurricane King for best offensive Chinese pen hold and shake hand/tennis grip attacking blades

Dr Neubauer for best shake hand/tennis grip defensive blades

LKT XT Pro and Gambler Aces for best all round non tension soft tacky attacking rubber covering

Double Happiness Sports Hurricane III national sponge for best medium hard attacking rubber covering

Friendship RITC 729 Dr Evil for best pimpled rubber covering

Yasaka Pro Life and TSP Noriko Clean for best traditional solvent based speed glue

DHS Rainbow for best tournament table

Double Fish for best tournament ball

TT-Matic for best high impact ping pong training robot

Li-Ning for best mens and Killerspin for best ladies ping pong clothing

Muzuno and Adidas for best ping pong footwear

Killerspin for best ping pong luggage and bat cases

Xiom for best official brand website

Double Happiness Sports for best overall original equipment manufacturer for all ping pong kit. They actually make everything for the whole game.

Certain products are essentially the same and marketed with different brand names as most of the high end professional and mass market hobby ping pong equipment (excluding clothing which is produced worldwide) is sourced from manufacturers located in China, Japan, South Korea, Germany, France and Belgium and USA. For example much of the current speed glue is manufactured in Belgium and even though one can may be labelled Andro and another Butterfly it is essentially the same glue. Likewise for rubbers from Germany ESN such as Friendship Highpoint and Donic Desto F2 are essentially the same. Have you noticed that Yasaka and Stiga have very similar blades and rubber sheets. Some brands such as Killerspin relabel and redesign in a more appealing style products made by Double Happiness and Donic/Nittaku/Yasaka amongst others. Overall quality control for most ping pong brands are therefore similar. They all have high, medium and low quality products designed to appeal to different market segments.

Table tennis technology and rules are evolving but "new" "improved" rubbers or blades are not necessarily anything new but just remarketed every season with a new name.

Essentially there is no best this or that as it is all a matter of personal taste as different equipment is best suited to different playing standards and styles. Most of the world's top pong pong athletes from China (representing many national teams worldwide) can probably switch equipment on a daily basis and still perform to a similar level.

I hope this provokes and spins into a healthy debate rather than kill of the subject matter. Each to their own, but please share your equipment experiences and preferably positive recommendations. Marketing is just that, full of hype, as in the real world for the average Jo or Joanna, the different between kit is relatively minor and as power is nothing without control, kit is nothing without skill and practice!

Just my fifteen minutes of fame and two cent worth!

Enjoy the game and may the best man/woman win. Winning is not everything, its the taking part that counts!

DHS PPK

PS I trust that this wins the best overall quality (and longest) and thought provoking post for the keen ping pong enthusiast

Da Hot Shot Ping Pong King - Ping Pong Fung Fu - shake hand Shoaling + pen hold flying dagger style
Loop to kill not kill to loop - gifted by nature - lazy by choice
thetuxedo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thetuxedo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/14/2007 at 12:15pm
Personally I prefer butterfly blades to any other blades, but rubbers: Stiga and Joola. Butterfly rubbers I feel are not as good as these 2 other companies.
Butterfly Kreanga Carbon ULC:
FH - Joola Green Power Energy X-Tra 2.0
BH - Joola Green Power Energy X-Tra 2.0

cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/14/2007 at 3:41pm
Blades = darker cause they don't have any junk. Maybe not a fair comparison because they're so specialized. Provine is a good rubber too. I can't think of any Darker product I've tried that wasn't of utmost quality. I can't say that about any other brand.

Spintech has very high quality stuff, but, like with butterfly...you pay for it. Butterflly has some dogs though...spintech doesn't.
W1 St with Illumina 1.9r, defender1.7b

Please let me know if I can be of assistance.
O! Ju Qian View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote O! Ju Qian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/14/2007 at 3:46pm
butterfly...i think most people buy it just because of the brand. they should pay us to use their brands.
BL: Yasaka Extra Offensive CP
FH: Hurricane 3 Pro
BH: Tenergy 05

"Practice is USELESS if you don't understand what you are doing."
fatcomet View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatcomet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/14/2007 at 3:46pm
^korbel magichand... vsg etc
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/14/2007 at 4:04pm
Yep, magichand was the worst thing I've seen from them other than premade stuff.
W1 St with Illumina 1.9r, defender1.7b

Please let me know if I can be of assistance.
fatcomet View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatcomet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/14/2007 at 4:23pm
some of my australian contacts tell me that avalox has good quality control
djef33 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djef33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/29/2007 at 3:11pm

Frienship 729 are not just for the chinese style player.
They have a range of product that cover the european style as well.

Take the 729 blade bomb ( med fast AND easy control) and couple it with a higher III (very good to block, push, loop and counter-loop) and you have a do-it all racket that can loop with very high arc.

A lot of the rubber on the market are not polyvalent.

Exemple : Bryce fx  good to loop but forget  to chop or push.

This is what I like about 729 rubber there not unidimensional.

one last advice:
Keep the black rubber on your FH because it is softer due to the increase elasticity of the top sheet
And keep the red tinnier like 2.0 instead of 2.2
the sponge is med soft so you can put a layer of glue to help the ball sink deeper but it play well without.

This would be a cheaper setup that could rivalised with the standart bty  advanced beginner setup : primorac with sriver 1.8
(this opinion is not based on actual comparaison but on information)

Fraziel View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fraziel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/29/2007 at 6:39pm
no one company makes the best of everything.I have tried lots of blades and found tibhar to be the best. they just have a nice "feel". i am not that fond of their rubbers though apart from maybe torpedo.Andro blades , even the so called soft ones, are as hard as brick but v well made.I do think, with the odd exception i have tried, that butterfly stuff is hugely over rated, and over priced.Don't be a sheep and just blindly follow. Try some stuff other than butterfly.
Fraziel,
blade- tibhar samsonov alpha
rubber, FH- palio cj8000 on canon 1.8 mm 40 sponge, BH- same
creeder06 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote creeder06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/29/2007 at 7:27pm
i voted other because i have had a few different brands of equipment and have been happy with all from 729 to killerspin and tibar and friendship i have tried a few and the have all been very comparable as far as quality goes i think butterfly is over priced and that other brand are just as good right now i really like my tibhar revolt and stiga rubbers so i cant really say one is better than another they are just different nad preference has almost everything to do with these polls
if table tennis is to sports, what star wars is to movies, then you must be chewbacca.
LowEndNewbie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LowEndNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/29/2007 at 10:35pm
Originally posted by Patmandidily Patmandidily wrote:

Hinshaw, how have you had time to even try all of those? You've been playing tournaments for not even 8 months.

Hi

I got the impression that Hinshaw is pretty good. I mean he does have a lot of posts...
humint View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote humint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/29/2007 at 10:42pm
voted butterfly. expensive, but the best quality products.
ProfessorChaos View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProfessorChaos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/30/2007 at 2:22am
butterfly = biggest company that is based on marketing in the world.  ala. Bose or Monster Cables.

No one doubts that some of their products are really great but the company overall is overrated and many of its products are overpriced but people still buy 'em.

Rubber: I've a fan of Yasaka and Donic as well as some of the Double Happiness and Dawei rubbers, also TSP deserves a mention.  The Bryce from BTY is great but for $45usd, I'd go with the Donic F1.

Blades: Gotta go with Yasaka, Stiga, DHS in no particular order.

Tables: DHS, JOOLA

Balls: Double Fish/DHS

Glue: Stiga Energy, JOOLA Rossi Plus

Yasaka Max Carbon 3D FL
Desto F1 Max
Sriver FX Max
justintga View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote justintga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/30/2007 at 5:50am
stiga blades are of top quality, even the cheaper blades. butterfly blades made in certain countries are of marginally lower quality. im using a stiga now and i dont plan to go back to butterfly unless i change to butterflys arylate carbon line (whis is currently too fast for me)
STIGA Offensive CR
DHS Hurricane 3 2.2 FH
BUTTERFLY Tackifire Special Soft 2.1 BH
easyfiji View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote easyfiji Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/30/2007 at 7:48pm
Blades: Stiga
Rubbers: Butterfly
Glue: Yasaka
Clothes: Killerspin
Balls: Nittaku/DHS
Women: Killerspin
easyfiji View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote easyfiji Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/30/2007 at 7:52pm
Butterfly's arylate carbon line is at the opposite end of the spectrum when comparing to your stiga offensive CR.

Offensive CR is soft, bouncy with long arc. It works best with hard rubbers like Hurricane 3. But blades like Timo Boll Spirit and Michael Maze produce a very linear trajectory. Granted they are very fast, but you will have to change your stroke significantly.
creeder06 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote creeder06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/30/2007 at 8:16pm
Originally posted by easyfiji easyfiji wrote:

Blades: Stiga
Rubbers: Butterfly
Glue: Yasaka
Clothes: Killerspin
Balls: Nittaku/DHS
Women: Killerspin
i didnt know that killerspin made women???!!!! bet they are expensive like the rest of their stuff
if table tennis is to sports, what star wars is to movies, then you must be chewbacca.
kosa123 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kosa123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/30/2007 at 8:45pm
I used to use Hurricane 2 rubbers and put the plastic sheets as a cover and it would stay tacky for over a year.

How do you guys take care of nontacky rubbers such as those from butterfly? do u just leave it in ur paddle case?
Wawaicetea123 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wawaicetea123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/30/2007 at 9:51pm
butterfly=best jap rubber
stiga/butterfly=best blades
dhs=best chinese rubber
Elhorian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elhorian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/26/2008 at 6:56am
I have to say: Where's Darker? man, those people make really high quality products...
ffx-me View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ffx-me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/26/2008 at 8:13pm
Where's Dawei?
-Primorac 2000, 802 + globe 999 quattro
-Korbel, Cream MRS + 802-40
unisonus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unisonus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/26/2008 at 8:16pm
Darker, hands down. Top notch stuff.
peter79 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/27/2008 at 1:33am
Where's Nittaku? no one votes it? I has better quality than butterfly in terms of wood. But butterfly has better in design n color.
Andro Wanokiwami AO Offensive 83 gr
H3 National Orange 40 deg 2.2
Baracuda Max
182 Gr

theman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/27/2008 at 2:09am
hmmm, yeh i wonder where is the....

DIIIIIPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i lost my racquet

Schlager u beast

http://www.youtube.com/MDSguy

Ginko Tai Kim View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ginko Tai Kim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/27/2008 at 2:56am
Where is xiom? Oh well the choices are always limited my bets on Butterfly

RE-Impact Hydra
Andro Roxon 450 2mm
Giant Dragon Giant Long ox
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic