FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Big Dipper 4

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
mog1111 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mog1111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Big Dipper 4
    Posted: 10/17/2019 at 5:06am
Anyone tried this yet, I have a new sheet but want to know what others think first before I try it?
Yasaka Ma Lin Carbon
FH: Tenergy 05fx
BH: Spinlord Keiler
Sponsored Links

Ray View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/17/2019 at 6:03am
🙄
Life is too short for defensive play.

https://twitter.com/spinnier_com
fb.me/spinnier
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/17/2019 at 1:10pm
i have two sample sheets but I really don't like/use dhs and I haven't had any takers trying to sell them to dhs fans out of the bag, despite the nice looking sponge with heavy fingerprint texturing.

I can tell you looking at the sponge and the cut that it's 100% a dhs made product.  What it might be like I have no idea.
Wavestone St with Illumina 1.9r, defender1.7b

Please let me know if I can be of assistance.
mog1111 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mog1111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/17/2019 at 1:36pm
thanks, I glued it on my spare blade anyway just to see what it is like

I have been playing well with tenergy in general and probably should not change
Yasaka Ma Lin Carbon
tom View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/17/2019 at 1:51pm
don't take this the wrong way but I think if you really want an honest workout, traditional Chinese type rubber is the way to go
mog1111 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mog1111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/17/2019 at 1:57pm
I dont, I want to win the most games I can with the limited ability I have!!

If i tighten up my short serves with Tenergy I will be laughing!!
Yasaka Ma Lin Carbon
juanma4080 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote juanma4080 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/22/2019 at 10:35am
.no
mog1111 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mog1111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/22/2019 at 10:45am
so i tried the big dipper 4  at a tournament on the weekend, and had my worst ranking loss for 2 years, tried it again on Sunday at a tournament and was so disgusted at how i played i ripped it off the blade and ripped it in half with my hands.  I can confirm it ripped easily and is not as strong as Hurricane in the tear your rubber in half in anger test!!

FYI!!  I then switched back to Tenergy 05fx and won 5 matches in a row and won the Vets consolation event beating several of my peers!!
Yasaka Ma Lin Carbon
Dream1700 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dream1700 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/22/2019 at 11:27am
Originally posted by mog1111 mog1111 wrote:

so i tried the big dipper 4  at a tournament on the weekend, and had my worst ranking loss for 2 years, tried it again on Sunday at a tournament and was so disgusted at how i played i ripped it off the blade and ripped it in half with my hands.  I can confirm it ripped easily and is not as strong as Hurricane in the tear your rubber in half in anger test!!

FYI!!  I then switched back to Tenergy 05fx and won 5 matches in a row and won the Vets consolation event beating several of my peers!!

basically, the rubber is not very durable.
mog1111 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mog1111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/22/2019 at 11:28am
Ha ha ha ha
Yasaka Ma Lin Carbon
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/22/2019 at 1:32pm
Originally posted by juanma4080 juanma4080 wrote:

.no

Juanma,  stop posting like that. It is weird and pointless.
lasta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lasta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/23/2019 at 1:29am
So, if you lost while using the T05, would you rip that in half as well?

I believe there is lesson on perceived value buried here!

BTW for stress relief, I recommend buying a stack of Yinhe 9000's. <$5 a pop (for a TWO-pack!!!), you can rip 4 sheets a day on the daily coffee budget. Helps with anger, trust me.
mog1111 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mog1111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/23/2019 at 3:26am
Originally posted by lasta lasta wrote:

So, if you lost while using the T05, would you rip that in half as well?

I believe there is lesson on perceived value buried here!

BTW for stress relief, I recommend buying a stack of Yinhe 9000's. <$5 a pop (for a TWO-pack!!!), you can rip 4 sheets a day on the daily coffee budget. Helps with anger, trust me.

No, lol great advice, I also went back to 1.8 spectol from 1.5 which was much better for attacking too!
Yasaka Ma Lin Carbon
lasta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lasta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/23/2019 at 3:49am
Did you rip the 1.5?LOL
mog1111 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mog1111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/23/2019 at 3:52am
No lasta, ha ha.  Might try that again one day, it is better for touch shots, but I want to play like a 49 year old, slightly overweight, slightly balding Mima Ito.

1.8 is better for that.  Much better in attacking and lifting etc.

Smile
Yasaka Ma Lin Carbon
jabemu View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jabemu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/23/2019 at 6:38am
Where do you buy BD4?. It is medium tacki as the first versions of the old model?

I used the old version but finally the last pieces had very few tackiness or nothig and stop to use it.

Thanks in advance

mog1111 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mog1111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/23/2019 at 6:43am
It felt quite tacky, but I could not seem to get massive spin out of it.  TBH I think it is probably a very good rubber and a bit easier to use for mortals like us than Hurricane Neo, It was just not quite right for me.  I think many players will like it as a good hybrid that is closer to Hurricane Neo than a modern Tensor,  I also think it could be fantastic on a nice 5 ply looping blade and would be pretty quick too.
Yasaka Ma Lin Carbon
jackwong23 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackwong23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/23/2019 at 1:40pm

This is a real life example that your equipments do matter alot. 
It is often the difference between losing and winning some tight matches.
People who say equipments do not matter have no bloody clue. 
Dream1700 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dream1700 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/23/2019 at 2:28pm
the adjustment period was very short
Egghead View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Egghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/23/2019 at 4:02pm

It felt quite tacky, but I could not seem to get massive spin out of it.  TBH I think it is probably a very good rubber and a bit easier to use for mortals like us than Hurricane Neo, It was just not quite right for me.  I think many players will like it as a good hybrid that is closer to Hurricane Neo than a modern Tensor,  I also think it could be fantastic on a nice 5 ply looping blade and would be pretty quick too.
There is a short video showing the tackiness in this store. I believe it is too tackiness for the 40+ ball
Aurora ST: Rhyzm / Talent OX
mog1111 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mog1111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/23/2019 at 4:02pm
Originally posted by jackwong23 jackwong23 wrote:

I totally agree!
Yasaka Ma Lin Carbon
jabemu View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jabemu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/23/2019 at 7:29pm
Originally posted by jabemu jabemu wrote:

Where do you buy BD4?. It is medium tacki as the first versions of the old model?

I used the old version but finally the last pieces had very few tackiness or nothig and stop to use it.

Thanks in advance

Hi, must I open a new thread to ask this?.

Thanks for your response.
ericd937 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericd937 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/24/2019 at 3:43am

While I do agree that "People who say equipments do not matter have no bloody clue." I would imagine that the you would have have the same thing happen if you played BD4 for a long period of time and tried to switch back to Tenergy 05fx for a tournament. I'd imagine they are quite different rubbers. I also would be willing to bet that the blades each of these rubbers works best with are completely different blades. I wouldn't just slap an untested rubber on and go to a tournament. That's never a good idea. 
Current Setup: TBS FH T80/BH D80
Official USATT Rating 1815
Current estimated level: 1800-1900.
mog1111 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mog1111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/24/2019 at 3:45am
Originally posted by ericd937 ericd937 wrote:

While I do agree that "People who say equipments do not matter have no bloody clue." I would imagine that the you would have have the same thing happen if you played BD4 for a long period of time and tried to switch back to Tenergy 05fx for a tournament. I'd imagine they are quite different rubbers. I also would be willing to bet that the blades each of these rubbers works best with are completely different blades. I wouldn't just slap an untested rubber on and go to a tournament. That's never a good idea. 

Eric,

I often switch seamlessly between Hurricane and Tenergy on the same day without a negative effect.  But you are right I think generally.
Yasaka Ma Lin Carbon
mog1111 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mog1111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/24/2019 at 3:46am
I do not know were you can buy Big Dipper 4, maybe my sheet was a sample!!
Yasaka Ma Lin Carbon
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/24/2019 at 9:00am

Originally posted by ericd937 ericd937 wrote:

Eric,

I often switch seamlessly between Hurricane and Tenergy on the same day without a negative effect.  But you are right I think generally.

There's a lot of difference between your used sheet of oft-glued h3 and a new sheet, I'd guess.

cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/24/2019 at 9:02am

Thanks in advance

Hi, must I open a new thread to ask this?.

Thanks for your response.

When I talked to yinhe about them they told me they just got a limited run, and it wasn't really available yet.  If you want to buy mine I'll sell them to you.  If you want me to ask about availability or future availability, I can.  In fact, I will.

mog1111 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mog1111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/24/2019 at 9:04am
I will never use a big dipper IV again, I thought it was a horrible rubber.  It was like a tacky rubber in its reaction, but a really bouncy uncontrollable tensor.  It was like slow and bouncy and uncontrollable all at the same time.  Weird. 
Yasaka Ma Lin Carbon
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/24/2019 at 9:08am
Well, it's obviously a dhs product and I never liked dhs, so you'll get no argument from me.

mog1111 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mog1111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/24/2019 at 9:31am
LOL,

I like Hurricane 3 Neo though generally, it just annoys me for its inconsistency in different environments and I find it too slow on slow tables especially when its humid

Yasaka Ma Lin Carbon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic