tabletennis11.com

Borko is BACK: New Designs!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Borko is BACK: New Designs!
    Posted: 09/19/2008 at 7:35pm
I had the great pleasure of spending time with Borko and his lovely wife in San Diego a couple weeks ago. He's doing well and beginning to work and play again. He looks younger than his pictures. Watch out Nationals!!
Whatever operation he had was clearly a success.

Here are some of the new experimental designs that he shared with me.
The handles are fabulous and he is using a protective band of some kind around the edge to prevent playing damage from hitting the table.

Borko is probably getting tired of my emails, which say two things (over and over and over again):

1. I hope you're doing well.
2. Oh please oh please save one of your new blades for me.

:-).

Blades are beginning to be born again in Borko's shop! Long live the master craftsman.

***Bring on that power with control!***

uploads/New/20080919_194014_IMG_2997.jpg
uploads/New/20080919_194131_IMG_2999.jpg
uploads/New/20080919_194336_IMG_3001.jpg
uploads/New/20080919_194429_IMG_3002.jpg
uploads/New/20080919_194530_IMG_3003.jpg
For More Info, PM or Email me: [email protected]
Sponsored Links

Low Tek View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Low Tek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/19/2008 at 8:30pm
I must have one...
johnny89atc View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnny89atc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/19/2008 at 8:35pm
I like them!

Blade: OSP Virtuoso-L RST 87gr
FH: Butterfly Tenergy 05 FX 2.1
BH: Butterfly Tenergy 05 1.9
swissping View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swissping Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/19/2008 at 8:43pm
looks like donic, but very well done...
VH:Samba Joola
BH:Armstrong Rosin
Blade: TRinnova Sonar Blade
---------------------
www.trinnova-blades.com / Handmade Blades
aeoliah View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aeoliah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/19/2008 at 8:44pm
I hope the protective band does not add the weight.
Member of the Single Ply Hinoki Club
Viscaria Super ALC C-Pen
Rasanter C48

rokphish View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rokphish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/19/2008 at 9:06pm
I'm impressed. Looks like Borko finally catches up to the 21st century so to speak...
instagram: rokphishtt

Member of EJ Anonymous
Hurricane Lover
johnny89atc View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnny89atc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/19/2008 at 9:08pm
I guess that you will have the option to put or not to put the protective band...
Blade: OSP Virtuoso-L RST 87gr
FH: Butterfly Tenergy 05 FX 2.1
BH: Butterfly Tenergy 05 1.9
THEMANFZ1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote THEMANFZ1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/19/2008 at 9:41pm
Originally posted by aeoliah aeoliah wrote:

I hope the protective band does not add the weight.

Of course it will add weight!  The question is how much?
Joola MC1-Inspirit Quattro 2.0 & Palio CJ8000
Ritc V6-Globe 999 2.0 & 729 lightning FX
peter79 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/19/2008 at 10:10pm
Woah, much more better in visual than Donic Dotec Series. What is the weight?
Andro Wanokiwami AO Offensive 83 gr
H3 National Orange 40 deg 2.2
Baracuda Max
182 Gr

aeoliah View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aeoliah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/19/2008 at 10:45pm
The protective band looks a bit thick.
Peter79, Borko can make the suitable weight for you Smile
Viscaria Super ALC C-Pen
Rasanter C48

peter79 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/19/2008 at 10:52pm

The protective band looks a bit thick.
Peter79, Borko can make the suitable weight for you Smile

You're right Aeoliah, he can make a suitable weight for me Smile
But the problem is there any wood material besides Balsa that usually Borko use as making the Center Ply/core?
My Borko is 77 gr with about 6 mm thick.
If I want to have a 85 gr Blade, then the balsa center ply must be even thicker which may become too fast.
My 77 gr Borko is already fast, but I'm glad that the combination with H3 Commercial really makes it more controlable and has punching power of Balsa Big%20smile
H3 Commercial really feels soft and powerfull, very spinny.
Dwell time is no longer a problem for me Tongue
Baracuda Max
182 Gr

aeoliah View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aeoliah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/20/2008 at 1:18am
One word of caution : I we order 70 grams, there is a fair chance that we get 65 grams instead.
Your Borko has a short dwell time ? Can you give me the exact wording written on the rubber packing for H3 commercial ? And are you using speed glue ?
Sorry for so many questions.
Viscaria Super ALC C-Pen
Rasanter C48

rokphish View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rokphish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/20/2008 at 1:27am
"Double_Happiness comments for Hurricane 3
It was designed for the players who mainly adopt control method or have relatively weak attack power when playing 40mm ball. The rubber can reduce a feeling of ponderousness when you strength power and create a long arc, which benefits the ball control and exerts fast attack and loop drive at near table."

http://www.tabletennis.gr/equipment/details.asp?pid=296

instagram: rokphishtt

Member of EJ Anonymous
Hurricane Lover
theman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/20/2008 at 1:31am
oh man borko you've done it again, the dark colours are very evocative, tempting and yells a high sense of prestige and quality, high class ping pong at its best! 
i lost my racquet

Schlager u beast

http://www.youtube.com/MDSguy

aeoliah View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aeoliah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/20/2008 at 2:02am
Thanks Rokphish, what about the "commercial" ? How can I make sure that it is the "commercial ? Is it written on the packing ?
Viscaria Super ALC C-Pen
Rasanter C48

stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/20/2008 at 3:06am
Borko you designed those handles years before the Donic Dotec project and you can't tell about it openly but we know. This is why your are the gentleman blade maker we know.
I am (almost) sure smart people from Donic had the same idea than yours without copying you and it is nice to see it was expressed from 2 parallels streams: one from a respected company and one from Borko's shop.
We love you Borko!

peter79 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/20/2008 at 3:49am

One word of caution : I we order 70 grams, there is a fair chance that we get 65 grams instead.
Your Borko has a short dwell time ? Can you give me the exact wording written on the rubber packing for H3 commercial ? And are you using speed glue ?
Sorry for so many questions.

Well I order 85 gr, instead I got 77 gram, and happy because I can use Heavy Chinese Rubber Big%20smile

First I thought My borko has short dwell time. It depends on your rubber.
If I use H3 Provincial, it's too bouncy, to light, can't feel the loop that I usually feel with Acoustic.
When I change it to H3 Commercial it's different story, My blades become more head heavy (which I like it) Not to bouncy but still feel soft. I can really enjoy all kind of loop with H3 Commercial Big%20smile.
I'm not using speed glue, but on my Borko the H3 Commercial is as fast as Sriver L, feel also the same, but it's spinier, I can vary my spin with 1st gear 2nd gear, third gear Tongue

Now I try to put Nittaku H3 Pro which is harder and spinnier than Commercial H3.
In my other blades the NIttaku H3 Pro is as hard as brick LOL
THe same hardness with DHS TG 2
But It's faster n spinnier than TG 2.
Indeed it feel harder than Commercial H3 which I like it, spinnier, it has common chinese rubber sound if you hit hard. Something like 'Chink' Sound.
I recommend you to try Nittaku H3 or DHS H3 commercial rather than Japanese/euro rubber, Aeoliah Wink 
Baracuda Max
182 Gr

stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/20/2008 at 3:57am
mmmh i have 3 potential buyers but i might put a couple rubbers on that blade a few more times before letting it go
thanks peter79: harder sponge is better on soft blades; is that your point?
peter79 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/20/2008 at 4:00am
Originally posted by fatt fatt wrote:

mmmh i have 3 potential buyers but i might put a couple rubbers on that blade a few more times before letting it go
thanks peter79: harder sponge is better on soft blades; is that your point?

Yeah that's actually I'm going to tell you to try on hard sponge rubbers. DHS H3 Commercial is a good choice. If you buy the new one, it takes time to break in. The top sheet need time to loose it's tackiness.
Try it before you sell it I suggest Wink
Baracuda Max
182 Gr

stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/20/2008 at 4:20am
dhs h3 commercial without speed glue?
peter79 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/20/2008 at 4:40am

Yup, without speed glue.
You can prime it first to make the sponge softer and bouncier.
But need time to break in.
Baracuda Max
182 Gr

sbd1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sbd1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/20/2008 at 12:07pm
Originally posted by peter79 peter79 wrote:

Yup, without speed glue.
You can prime it first to make the sponge softer and bouncier.
But need time to break in.

@fatt, petter79  
Some customers are reporting that DHS Hur. 2  with the blue sponge works very well due to low throw of that rubber.Not using the speed glue means that  it is left to blade to deliver.It is my opinion that the powerful wood blades in the offensive cathegory will be wery popular agan.
80% of the customers in the last month requested the fast blade with the control commenting that they are planing to stop "glueing".
Borko&Son
Smile
***Where Blades are Born***

tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/20/2008 at 8:48pm
Borko,
You've out done yourself. Lovely designs!!
:-).
For More Info, PM or Email me: [email protected]
Jolan View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jolan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/25/2008 at 7:58am

Although M.Borko had some surgery, I can assure you all than he's faster than ever. I placed an order on sep 18th and the blade been sent the day after. It's a lovely baby of 90g, 5 plies, limba outer. It has the most juicy Kjell Johansson conical handle ever seen and it's dady is already in love with it?

M. Borko understood maybe better than me what I needed and it's been a real pleasure bringing my custom to him.
Long live to M. Borko !

Joola Wyzaryz Freeze
Vega pro 2.0mm
Vega intro 2.0mm
Blade collection : https://photos.app.goo.gl/PrgCu5ib5RnhVXTn9
melarimsa View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote melarimsa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/25/2008 at 9:11am
Great gentelman, and know a lot of infos out there ...
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/21/2019 at 8:03pm
sorry to revive such an old thread, if somebody has one of those “dotec” Borko blades (unfair to call it dotec when Donic did it after Borko), I am interested in renting/buying/trading.

Edited by stiltt - 08/21/2019 at 8:05pm
Simas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/22/2019 at 4:22am
Missed that thread when it was created, so reviving old thread isn't that bad all the time. Will post the blades on my instagram. They are crazily beautiful Clap

About the weight of the protective bands I am pretty sure they don't add any significant amount of weight. I use foam band that look somewhat similar and their weight is negligible

I tried a Dotec handle (because it looks interesting), but I didn't like, or to be more fair, didn't play enough to say for sure.... Although the cork seemed very nice. Don't know why there aren't more handles made with cork...

Edited by Simas - 08/22/2019 at 4:29am
Stiga Offensive Classic Legend
DHS Hurricane Neo3
Donic Bluefire JP01 Turbo
1dennistt View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1dennistt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/22/2019 at 1:50pm
Well, maybe someone could ask M. Borko?  That might get us a definitive answer. 

The only thing that comes to mind would be balance issues.  I'm guessing that the cork handles save weight, someone correct me if I'm wrong.  If the handle is too light then the blades would be head heavy.  There are ways around that, like adding weight at the end of the handle. 

It would allow larger handles without adding a lot of weight, and it allows different shapes to be created, see the Donic Dotec for an example with a left and a right handle shape. 
Donic Waldner World Champion 1989 ZLC (Inner), Donic BlueStorm Pro (Red) Max, ????? (Black) 1.8 mm)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic