FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

BTY Custom blade

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
liulin04 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liulin04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: BTY Custom blade
    Posted: 02/14/2020 at 11:25pm
Does anyone know if Butterfly custom-made blades have any prints on the surface or handle of the blade?  I recall there isn't any special design that separates the custom from retail blades except a different packaging and a small Butterfly certificate.  But other than that, is there a way to tell it is a custom blade just by looking at the handle when the rest of the blade is covered with rubbers?

Thank you!
LNH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LNH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/15/2020 at 12:30am
I owned 2 Bty Jpen custom blade. No printing on the blade. Custom blade box come with a blue color box but I did seen before the old tag  custom box come with the commercial red box but with a golden sticker  with Chinese wording "特注品" .The newer version Bty custom blade come with a certificate  other than blue box. 

Perhaps, other members in this forum able share info the physical apprearance of old version and new version Bty custom blade.
Magic_M View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magic_M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/15/2020 at 2:48am
Normally these custom Butterfly blades come with a certificate which shows the exact specifications of the blade. 

The blades have no imprint on the head and they also don't have a lens in the handle.
Here 2 examples:

This may have been different 20 years ago.
Ingo_Ger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo_Ger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/15/2020 at 2:51am
Woah! Where do you get them?
Do mortals like us can get some of those?
Omega 5 Tour (FH, 2.0 black) | T.H.C.B. custom 5 ply Western Red Cedar (Off-) | Hexer Powergrip (BH, 1.9, red)
Magic_M View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magic_M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/15/2020 at 5:11am
I did not order them directly from Butterfly. I bought them used and already re-sold them.

For a long time everybody had the possibility to order such custom blades with special wishes.
Of course these custom blades were more expansive than a "normal" blade right out of the shop.
If I remember right, the price was round about 300€ for such a blade.
If my informations are right, Butterfly stopped this "service for everyone" a few years ago.
But I am not a Butterfly expert. Maybe "kakapo" can help with better informations.
Giangt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Giangt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/15/2020 at 5:49am
Magic_M is right here. I am not about the prices, but Butterfly shopped their custom services because there was some people who was misusing it buying the blades and resell them to a lot higher price. 
kakapo View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kakapo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/15/2020 at 4:59pm
the first custom blades were from 2002-2003. At that time, you could choose if you wanted the lense or not but You could not choose to have the handle of a TB spirit on a viscaria blade for instance. From 2006, custom order had SN but without possibility to get lenses and from 2009, you could choose the handle of another BTY blade on your personal custom blades. For instance : the handle of a Bazelart on a Primorac carbon. Manfred is right. There were too many speculations on those custom blades. BTY ended this in 2016

Edited by kakapo - 02/15/2020 at 5:02pm
Nittaku Goriki 94gr, victas V15 extra 2mm, super do knuckle, 1,4mm
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/15/2020 at 5:43pm
I had two custom ST Viscaria blades several years ago.  There was no writing anywhere on the blade or handle.

By the way, I didn't like them at all and sold them.
kakapo View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kakapo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/16/2020 at 2:11am
yes , custom blades have always been built without script on the head.
Nittaku Goriki 94gr, victas V15 extra 2mm, super do knuckle, 1,4mm
aeoliah View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aeoliah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/17/2020 at 5:46am
I bought custom made Chinese Tamca ULC and a Schlager Carbon in J-Pen version years ago before they stop doing custom made. The price I paid is about 50% higher than the C-Pen version. No lens whatsoever, only Butterfly logo at the end of the handle. I forgot whether there is any printing on the face of the blade (both blades are covered with rubber).
Member of the Single Ply Hinoki Club
Acoustic C-Pen
Acoustic C-Pen Carbon Inner
Acuda P1

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic