Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  Help Desk Help Desk  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Butterfly Balsa Carbon Lindmäe Special (lindmae)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Butterfly Balsa Carbon Lindmäe Special (lindmae)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
speedy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Butterfly Balsa Carbon Lindmäe Special (lindmae)
    Posted: 08/30/2017 at 3:08am
Fatt,

I bought 2 blades from tabletennis24 and received them yesterday.  Unfortunately, I will have to return the blades.

Before I say anything else, I need to say this first.  The blade quality is good.  However, the "ST" handle for this blade is NOT really ST.  It's more like conic (CO) handle.  I can't use them.  If you are interested, I can just sell it to you with whatever I paid for. Just let me know... Smile

The ST handle is not heavy as they claimed.  There is no way they weigh 89-94 grams, more like 85-88 grams to me.  I don't know if there is any "story" behind this blade, but I bought this blade because of its construction.

Limba Outer - ANYTHING - Carbon - Balsa - Carbon - ANYTHING - Limba Outer

This type of construction complements my style.  Again, there is nothing wrong with the blade, but the handle is more on the CO side than ST side.  So, I will return them.
SPEEDY
Visaria ST
Tenergy 64 (FH)
Nittaku Moristo SP (BH)
Sponsored Links

kolevtt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kolevtt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/30/2017 at 6:53am
Could you compare Lindmae with the old Balsa X5 Carbon (handle head size speed and so on), it will be interesting for me. I think for a balsa blade - old X5 is the best one. I heard Kreanga used to play with this blade with changed handles only. X5 old version is universal blade - I have played with long and short pips on it, also Yasaka antipower. With smooth rubbers both sides I didn't feel very secured, because the catapult is big, especially from my 82 grams blade. The handle is rounded and very big.
Hope to hear from you about Lindmae and thank you in advance!
Tyler45 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tyler45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/30/2017 at 9:36am
a team mate has played extensively with the balsacarb x5 and tried to switch to the lindmae last season. he found it noticeably quicker (too quick for him) and changed back again to the x5.

the handle is quite conical. i found it very comfortable, but too quick for me too.
Jasonh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jasonh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/30/2017 at 10:33am
Somehow it looks pretty much an undyed Tibhar Black Carbon.
hummm...
Fly away!
Kolev View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kolev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/30/2017 at 5:15pm
Wow. I am really curious about this blade. Mine Hallmark Carbon Extreme has more or less the same structure and weight. Can someone tell me what is the thickness?
FH: Barracuda
BH: Dignics 005
speedy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/30/2017 at 5:23pm
I just sent the blades back to TableTennis24 this afternoon.  I can't tell you how it plays comparing to Balsa X5 Carbon because I didn't even want to try it.  The conical handle is very uncomfortable for my hand.  I can tell you that the blade is light and the handle is longer than normal.  The head size look very standard to me.  Again, I bought it because of the construction of the blade.  I personally think that it ahs a great construction for plastic balls. 

I played with many balsa and balsa carbon blades, including Balsa X5.  I don't think Balsa X5 is the best because it has weird vibration.  Blades with balsa core should not have much vibration, but the X5 does.

Now, I think about it.  The best balsa core blade I have ever played with is the Joola Kool.  It was really "Kool'.  TSP has some ok to good balsa blades.
SPEEDY
Visaria ST
Tenergy 64 (FH)
Nittaku Moristo SP (BH)
speedy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/30/2017 at 5:27pm
Originally posted by Kolev Kolev wrote:

Wow. I am really curious about this blade. Mine Hallmark Carbon Extreme has more or less the same structure and weight. Can someone tell me what is the thickness?

If I have to guess, it's about 1.5mm thicker than the X5.
SPEEDY
Visaria ST
Tenergy 64 (FH)
Nittaku Moristo SP (BH)
Kolev View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kolev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/30/2017 at 5:31pm
So, has this one vibrations as well? Few words about the speed, please? How about the thickness? BTW , I've got four the same blades, but they are far from identical, one is faster, other stiffer.. although tge weiggt is the same
windysummer1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote windysummer1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/30/2017 at 5:32pm
most of the butterfly blades have handle of 100mm in length, so this ST one has 102mm long handle, if so, that makes it a well balanced blade.
Kolev View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kolev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/31/2017 at 3:19am
Originally posted by speedy speedy wrote:

Originally posted by Kolev Kolev wrote:

If I have to guess, it's about 1.5mm thicker than the X5.

Ouch.Sounds like 8.5mm...Too thick
SmackDAT View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SmackDAT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/31/2017 at 2:52pm
What happened to your Xiom Vega Pro? Ej virus or
Donic Crest OFF FL
Victas V>15 Extra Max
Victas V>15 Extra Max
https://goo.gl/bFWoxW
speedy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/31/2017 at 3:29pm
Originally posted by fatt fatt wrote:

Originally posted by SmackDAT SmackDAT wrote:

What happened to your Xiom Vega Pro? Ej virus or

I had 3, lost 2 in the bus (with 3 rasanter and 1 barracuda) due to lack of attention, got depressed, sold the 3rd one out of anger, bought 4 violin, kept 2, sold 2.
I am not buying this before reading reviews: early bird gets the worm but 2nd mouse gets the cheese lol

Fatt,

I am going to save you time and money right now.  I will tell you this.  I haven't play with it, but I don't like the blade at all.  It's too thick and the conical handle is to sharp/rough (not round and smooth).  The quality is not really the Butterfly quality we normally see.  So, you don't really miss anything.  However, the FL handle may be better.  Who knows? LOL
SPEEDY
Visaria ST
Tenergy 64 (FH)
Nittaku Moristo SP (BH)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote windysummer1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/31/2017 at 3:44pm
made in china?
Kolev View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kolev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/31/2017 at 7:58pm
I've just read a pretty detailed review in a russian forum and lost interest in this blade

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote windysummer1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/31/2017 at 11:11pm
here comes the pic for this mysterious ST handle.
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=62674&PN=3
speedy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/01/2017 at 2:31am
This Donic Balsa Carbon seems to be much better:  http://www.tabletennis11.com/other_eng/donic-balsa-carbo-fibre

Edited by speedy - 09/01/2017 at 2:32am
SPEEDY
Visaria ST
Tenergy 64 (FH)
Nittaku Moristo SP (BH)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote windysummer1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/01/2017 at 3:13pm
tibhar used to make a blade called balsa carbon and looks similar to this one in composition.
speedy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/01/2017 at 3:31pm
It looks good, but when I held it in my hand, I didn't like it. Bulky and rough.  Again, I have NO idea how it plays.
SPEEDY
Visaria ST
Tenergy 64 (FH)
Nittaku Moristo SP (BH)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic