Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Butterfly Dignics 05 Reviews?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>
Author
ericd937 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericd937 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Butterfly Dignics 05 Reviews?
    Posted: 04/03/2019 at 8:50pm
It's been available here in Vietnam since April 1st. Any reviews yet? 
Current Setup: TBS FH T80/BH D80
Official USATT Rating 1815
Current estimated level: 1800-1900.
Sponsored Links

benfb View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benfb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/04/2019 at 1:51am
I was visiting one of our local clubs when a 2200 level player showed up with Dignics on one side of his paddle.  He was just testing the rubber and I watched him play with it for an hour or so.  The main comment I heard from him was the ball flies longer, so it worked great when he was off the table but he struggled with it near the table.  I didn't get a chance to ask him about whether spin was improved compared to Tenergy.  I should mention that this guy has experience with many rubbers, but doesn't normally use any version of Tenergy.

Also during the period, the club coach (2600+) tried maybe five or six hits with it (less than a minute in time).  His only comment was that the sponge was much harder even than T05 Hard, and he liked that aspect of it.  He didn't hit long enough (and against a strong enough partner) to really judge it.

I also hit about five or six balls with it. I normally play T05 but recently started hitting with T05H on the FH.  Hitting with D05 didn't seem like a big change to me, but I would never a lot more time to really judge it. 

Overall, from the comments made during this short time, it sounded like D05 may be a better rubber for professionals than for amateurs.  Of course, that won't stop lots of amateurs from buying it.Wink
tom View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/04/2019 at 10:20am
if that is the case then T05 will be more suitable (not counting value) for most players that want to play
Bty
taczkid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote taczkid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/04/2019 at 11:04am
on butterfly website PRO's have their rubbers current setup updated, some of them switched to Dignics.
Looks like Timo Boll plays 05H on forehand and Dig05 back, tiago apolonia both sides Dig05, Mizutani both sides Dignics80 (which is not available yet).

based on this looks like we will have same rubber types of dignics as we had Tenergy for past 11 years:

dignics 05, 05FX, 64 64fx, 80 80fx (probably no 25 or 25fx as this seemed to be tenergy barely anyone used)...

I just cant wait for other brands to release new rubbers at 100$ dollars.

Hope other companies go for interesting names:

Tibhar Ferrari FXX
Andro Rassanteri supperleger R-sponge
Joola RhymingDing RZ sponge
LOL
LOLLOLLOLLOLLOL

vanjr View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vanjr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/04/2019 at 11:42am
Originally posted by benfb benfb wrote:

I was visiting one of our local clubs when a 2200 level player showed up with Dignics on one side of his paddle.  He was just testing the rubber and I watched him play with it for an hour or so.  The main comment I heard from him was the ball flies longer, so it worked great when he was off the table but he struggled with it near the table.  I didn't get a chance to ask him about whether spin was improved compared to Tenergy.  I should mention that this guy has experience with many rubbers, but doesn't normally use any version of Tenergy.

Also during the period, the club coach (2600+) tried maybe five or six hits with it (less than a minute in time).  His only comment was that the sponge was much harder even than T05 Hard, and he liked that aspect of it.  He didn't hit long enough (and against a strong enough partner) to really judge it.

I also hit about five or six balls with it. I normally play T05 but recently started hitting with T05H on the FH.  Hitting with D05 didn't seem like a big change to me, but I would never a lot more time to really judge it. 

Overall, from the comments made during this short time, it sounded like D05 may be a better rubber for professionals than for amateurs.  Of course, that won't stop lots of amateurs from buying it.Wink

Is this guy a chopper/defender? PM? (I cannot remember which club you are at).
Vince64 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vince64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/04/2019 at 12:27pm
Originally posted by vanjr vanjr wrote:

Is this guy a chopper/defender? PM? (I cannot remember which club you are at).
I’m curious also since I can’t think of a player down there who is active and has a usatt rating of 2200! Lol
ustabletennisresults.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/408008237063185
benfb View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benfb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/04/2019 at 12:40pm
Originally posted by Vince64 Vince64 wrote:

I’m curious also since I can’t think of a player down there who is active and has a usatt rating of 2200! Lol[/QUOTE]
Well, while I can say we have at least one player in our club who was historically was well over 2200, I didn't say this experience was at our club.  

You should have deduced that i was visiting Paddle Palace club, since I also referenced the 2600 coach.

All players involved, myself included, were loopers.  No choppers, sorry.
Vince64 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vince64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/04/2019 at 12:45pm

I’m curious also since I can’t think of a player down there who is active and has a usatt rating of 2200! Lol
Well, while I can say we have at least one player in our club who was historically was well over 2200, I didn't say this experience was at our club.  

You should have deduced that i was visiting Paddle Palace club, since I also referenced the 2600 coach.

All players involved, myself included, were loopers.  No choppers, sorry.
[/QUOTE] Well I knew you were talking about the PPC club and I obviously know who the 2600 player is. Are the initials of the historical 2000 player RH? 
ustabletennisresults.com
DonnOlsen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonnOlsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/04/2019 at 12:56pm
Originally posted by taczkid taczkid wrote:

on butterfly website PRO's have their rubbers current setup updated, some of them switched to Dignics.
Looks like Timo Boll plays 05H on forehand and Dig05 back, tiago apolonia both sides Dig05, Mizutani both sides Dignics80 (which is not available yet).

based on this looks like we will have same rubber types of dignics as we had Tenergy for past 11 years:

dignics 05, 05FX, 64 64fx, 80 80fx (probably no 25 or 25fx as this seemed to be tenergy barely anyone used)...

Tibhar Ferrari FXX
LOL
LOLLOLLOLLOLLOL

Hi,

Immediately acknowledging the very limited number of professional cases before us to view; today, what do we see at the top of the Butterfly-using class?

1.  Dignics is replacing Tenergy

2.  Broadly, Tenergy 05 Hard is being ignored

3.  Nothing displaces Hurricane

My information suggests that the World Championships is significantly suppressing the adoption of Dignics for that visible class of players.  After the World's, quickly the scene will change.

Thanks,
Tenergy: Two weeks of heaven, followed by three months of excellence, then, a nice rubber.
benfb View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benfb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/04/2019 at 1:36pm

Well I knew you were talking about the PPC club and I obviously know who the 2600 player is. Are the initials of the historical 2000 player RH? 

You're right about RH, but I don't think it's fair to call him historically 2000.  I looked up his rating history and he's been mostly mid-2100s since 2015 with one recent 8 month stretch of high 2200s.  So if I wanted to be more accurate, I could say historically mid-2100s.  However, I think his skill level is probably closer to 2200 and his recent slight drop reflects family and work obligations.

Of course, all this is well above my pay grade.LOL

Truthfully, though, I think that brief test of Dignics was too short to reveal anything major.  I just offered it as a first taste because no one else had posted any reviews.
Vince64 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vince64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/04/2019 at 1:43pm

Well I knew you were talking about the PPC club and I obviously know who the 2600 player is. Are the initials of the historical 2000 player RH? 

You're right about RH, but I don't think it's fair to call him historically 2000.  I looked up his rating history and he's been mostly mid-2100s since 2015 with one recent 8 month stretch of high 2200s.  So if I wanted to be more accurate, I could say historically mid-2100s.  However, I think his skill level is probably closer to 2200 and his recent slight drop reflects family and work obligations.

Of course, all this is well above my pay grade.LOL

Truthfully, though, I think that brief test of Dignics was too short to reveal anything major.  I just offered it as a first taste because no one else had posted any reviews.
Oops that was a typo error. Should have said 2200
ustabletennisresults.com
mykonos96 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykonos96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/04/2019 at 2:46pm
Originally posted by DonnOlsen DonnOlsen wrote:

Originally posted by taczkid taczkid wrote:

Tibhar Ferrari FXX
LOL
LOLLOLLOLLOLLOL

Hi,

Immediately acknowledging the very limited number of professional cases before us to view; today, what do we see at the top of the Butterfly-using class?

1.  Dignics is replacing Tenergy

2.  Broadly, Tenergy 05 Hard is being ignored

3.  Nothing displaces Hurricane

My information suggests that the World Championships is significantly suppressing the adoption of Dignics for that visible class of players.  After the World's, quickly the scene will change.

Thanks,

Its time to DHS to upgrade hurricane .its been awhile since entered the list in 1996
igorponger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igorponger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/04/2019 at 3:34pm
J.O. Waldner, prodigy boy, he did only too well without Butterfly.
Just a reminder.
passifid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote passifid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/04/2019 at 4:24pm
Following the release of dignics I'm sure that DHS will replace hurricane e with a new Hurricane 3 Ba Bai Yuan edition that has a off green sponge with a pink stripe
obesechopper View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote obesechopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/04/2019 at 4:42pm
Originally posted by igorponger igorponger wrote:

Just a reminder.

But he also swapped to tenergy when it was released LOL

jpenmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpenmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/04/2019 at 5:37pm
no need for dhs to make a new rubber they get over $100 sheet for their 20 year old H3 by calling it National or naming it after a player . DHS made Butterfly realize people will pay over $100 for rubber. Wait til Harimoto version Dignics comes out $150+

Edited by jpenmaster - 04/04/2019 at 5:37pm
OSP Expert II w DNA Dragon Grip
mykonos96 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykonos96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/04/2019 at 5:53pm

Just a reminder.

You dont know  igor post when you re sober
SmackDAT View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SmackDAT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/04/2019 at 5:53pm

Just a reminder.
LOL pure drivel as mentioned before J.O had special Tenergies since it came out, spoke with a Hungarian coach on this too
Zhang Jike ALC AN (88g)
Tenergy 05 Hard (2.1, B)
Tenergy 19 (2.1, R)
https://goo.gl/bFWoxW
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/05/2019 at 5:49am
Any idea what was "special" about JO's Tenergies?
This was a great signature until I realised it was overrated.
mykonos96 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykonos96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/05/2019 at 10:17am
Originally posted by AndySmith AndySmith wrote:

A swedish player told me waldner went to the ttex store and carried a big box with new  donic rubbbers and asked to swap them  for tenergies but never heard about special tenergies only the ones butterfly gives to visitors in the headquarters
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpenmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/06/2019 at 11:22pm
Damn ej virus. Review in a few days

Edited by jpenmaster - 04/06/2019 at 11:22pm
h0n1g View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote h0n1g Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/07/2019 at 12:05am
Originally posted by jpenmaster jpenmaster wrote:

Damn ej virus. Review in a few days

thats what I'm talking about! Someone that actually buys it to test vs all the others completely going off-topic in this thread. Literally about Dignics review, not what size box Waldner used in 1653 to carry his Tackiness D
wayla View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wayla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/07/2019 at 5:49am
the weight of an uncut sheet of Dignics 05 is 73gramsThumbs Up
Butterly Keyshot Light
FH: DHS Hurricane 3
BH: Nittaku Fast arc P1
chop4ever View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chop4ever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/07/2019 at 9:19am
Originally posted by wayla wayla wrote:

the weight of an uncut sheet of Dignics 05 is 73gramsThumbs Up

Era of lighter blades!
There is no real "pro", "prov" or "NT" H3 in the market.
Falco is not a booster
SmackDAT View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SmackDAT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/07/2019 at 5:08pm
Originally posted by AndySmith AndySmith wrote:

Just like the one the pros had, probably harder and boosted from Butterfly

He always used his donic carbon senso blade though
Zhang Jike ALC AN (88g)
Tenergy 05 Hard (2.1, B)
Tenergy 19 (2.1, R)
https://goo.gl/bFWoxW
koshkin View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/07/2019 at 5:30pm
I received my sheet of red 2.1mm Dignics 05 and glued it onto the blade.  I will play with it on Tuesday.

Just bouncing the ball on the racket, the topsheet feels a little grippier and overall hardness is between T05 and T05H.  My only real complaint with T05 and T05H that I use comes down to service, so I wonder if Dignics will be better in that regard.

ILya
BTY Mazunov ST
Dignics 05
ericd937 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericd937 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/07/2019 at 7:42pm
I prefer T05H for serving over all the other Tenergy rubbers I've tried (25fx, 05, 64, 80, and 05H). 
Current Setup: TBS FH T80/BH D80
Official USATT Rating 1815
Current estimated level: 1800-1900.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpenmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/07/2019 at 7:51pm
both my sheets of 2.1 Dignics 05 weigh 68g uncut for those interested my Harimoto blade (flare)is 92grams and has a frequency of 1356hz

Edited by jpenmaster - 04/07/2019 at 7:56pm
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpenmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/07/2019 at 10:17pm
Harimoto blade was 92 grams . Total set up weight with 3 layers of Rev glue on the Dignics 05 and 2 on the blade is 189 grams. The Harimoto blade is slightly oversized . With glue I'm at 48.5g cut per sheet.  So I guess the cut weight of Dignics 05 without glue is around 46g +/- 

Edited by jpenmaster - 04/07/2019 at 10:29pm
DarkerMyLove View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkerMyLove Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/07/2019 at 10:34pm
Originally posted by jpenmaster jpenmaster wrote:

both my sheets of 2.1 Dignics 05 weigh 68g uncut for those interested my Harimoto blade (flare)is 92grams and has a frequency of 1356hz

Is the sheet size the same as T05?  If so, seems like it is 1 gram lighter than T05...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>
  Share Topic