Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Butterfly DO9C - it is a steal!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Leftstudio View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leftstudio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Butterfly DO9C - it is a steal!
    Posted: 02/17/2020 at 5:38pm
Guys!!!
New rubber from Butterfly D09C will be available for 96.99! 
It is a steal!

Edited by Leftstudio - 02/18/2020 at 1:16pm
Everybody boosts
Sponsored Links

idk View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote idk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/17/2020 at 5:53pm
It's probably a really good rubber that people will continue to buy.
W7 baby
PongGod View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PongGod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/17/2020 at 5:57pm
Originally posted by Leftstudio Leftstudio wrote:

Guys!!!
New rubber from Butterfly D09C will be available for 96.99! 
It is a steal!

Sweet! I'm gonna get started on refinancing the house so I can resurface my racket!
DonnOlsen View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonnOlsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/17/2020 at 6:01pm
But what oh what does this mean?  That it is not as valuable as the other Dignics versions?
"Speed kills but technical speed absolutely annihilates defenders." Mia Hamm
jpenmaster View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jpenmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/17/2020 at 11:08pm
Butterfly just restamped all the old Spinart they didn't sell with a new name
Kenta ALC T05H/T05
patelaaaa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patelaaaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/18/2020 at 12:18am
yeah come on! Time to sell my kidney

Edited by patelaaaa - 02/18/2020 at 12:18am
kakapo View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kakapo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/18/2020 at 1:31am
This is expensive but not a steal as far as people know its price before buying it :))
Nittaku Goriki 94gr, victas V15 extra 2mm, super do knuckle, 1,4mm
koshkin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/18/2020 at 3:21am
This never stops.  If you do not think this rubber is worth the price, do not buy it.  Noone is forced to buy it.

ILya
BTY Mazunov ST
Dignics 05
Tt Gold View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tt Gold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/18/2020 at 11:11am
I’m honestly not mad at butterfly. What pisses me off more is the people that buy these rubbers. They are the ones supporting unreasonable prices. 60€ will be the norm for rubbers in a few years.

Edited by Tt Gold - 02/18/2020 at 11:11am
koshkin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/18/2020 at 11:50am
Originally posted by Tt Gold Tt Gold wrote:

I’m honestly not mad at butterfly. What pisses me off more is the people that buy these rubbers. They are the ones supporting unreasonable prices. 60€ will be the norm for rubbers in a few years.

I use Dignics. I like the feel and since they last a lot longer than any ESN rubber I've tried by a factor of two or more, I do not think it costs me any more.

How is that a problem?

ILya
BTY Mazunov ST
Dignics 05
PongGod View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PongGod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/18/2020 at 11:57am
Originally posted by Tt Gold Tt Gold wrote:

But the more Butterfly continues to push the price boundaries, the more opportunities it creates for competitors with more reasonable pricing approaches to gain market share. I'm perfectly content with my Donic Bluefire at less than half the price of Dignics.
Dream1700 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dream1700 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/18/2020 at 12:09pm
Please update the title to 'Highway robbery'
BRS View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote BRS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/18/2020 at 12:23pm
As someone who actively prefers fastarc g-1 to any tenergy or dignics I don't see Bty pricing drawing the whole market upwards.  The effect I see is ESN brands having to release new generations more often to try to hang onto the scraps of market share Bty and DHS leave behind.  But Donic, Tibhar, Xiom, Andro, etc can't charge a premium price even for their new stuff, because it is perceived in the market as at best an okay substitute for Bty/DHS.  So the result is to force down the cost of older gen ESN rubbers.  Because the only way Donic can create a perception of quality around bluestorm is to have it cost more than bluefire.  

For players who aren't chasing the latest-gen ESN Bty substitute, dignics premium pricing is actually lowering our rubber costs.  So the next time you play a guy with a zjk szlc and 2x dignics, like my friend tyson, thank him for lowering the cost of your fastarc/baracuda/mx-p/rasant.  Observe how your obsolete $30 rubber still generates enough spin to jump ten feet off the table when he tries to block it with that ultra-spinny $500 setup.  And be happy.
tom View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/18/2020 at 12:35pm
Originally posted by BRS BRS wrote:

As someone who actively prefers fastarc g-1 to any tenergy or dignics I don't see Bty pricing drawing the whole market upwards.  The effect I see is ESN brands having to release new generations more often to try to hang onto the scraps of market share Bty and DHS leave behind.  But Donic, Tibhar, Xiom, Andro, etc can't charge a premium price even for their new stuff, because it is perceived in the market as at best an okay substitute for Bty/DHS.  So the result is to force down the cost of older gen ESN rubbers.  Because the only way Donic can create a perception of quality around bluestorm is to have it cost more than bluefire.  

For players who aren't chasing the latest-gen ESN Bty substitute, dignics premium pricing is actually lowering our rubber costs.  So the next time you play a guy with a zjk szlc and 2x dignics, like my friend tyson, thank him for lowering the cost of your fastarc/baracuda/mx-p/rasant.  Observe how your obsolete $30 rubber still generates enough spin to jump ten feet off the table when he tries to block it with that ultra-spinny $500 setup.  And be happy.
that is interesting, not keeping track, could you give an example of a popular older rubber that went down in price.  Thanks.
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/18/2020 at 1:32pm
"It's a steal"

Yes, but from whom?
Leftstudio View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leftstudio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/18/2020 at 1:42pm
Originally posted by Baal Baal wrote:

"It's a steal"

Yes, but from whom?

You decide  Thumbs Up 
On another note: Dignics users, how is the rubber durability?
Everybody boosts
idk View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote idk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/18/2020 at 1:56pm

"It's a steal"

Yes, but from whom?

You decide  Thumbs Up 

Exponentially better than ESN rubbers, and even better than Tenergy. 
W7 baby
BRS View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BRS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/18/2020 at 2:40pm
Originally posted by tom tom wrote:

that is interesting, not keeping track, could you give an example of a popular older rubber that went down in price.  Thanks.

I can't bc I only changed rubber models once in the past six years, from t05 to fastarc g1, and reviews almost never mention the current price so i can't pull old data.  But using tt11 as the price-setter I see 3=4 deals on evolution, rasanter, bluefire and bluestorm, and fastarc series.  So except for the very latest like Rasanter 53, the most popular bty substitutes are available for  ~$32 per sheet (in the US with no VAT).  

Yasaka and Nittaku have no expensive rubbers at all.  R53, Stiga DNA series, Acuda blue P, and especially xiom O7 series are priced a bit higher.  But ESN wise you are looking at $32 - $44 per sheet unless you simply must have one of the four or five latest releases, and that is total across every major brand.  Xiom seems to have the most aggressive pricing of them all.  But I'm pretty sure when Omega 8 or 9 comes out they won't be able to price it at $75 and leave 07 tour at $60.  Guess we will see in a few months.

So like phones and cars and clothing and literally every single consumer product there is, EJs pay.  Don't be an ej and Bty high-end pricing has def no harmful effect on your budget.

Or, if you really think you are going to play that much better with O7A than O5A, or R53 than R50, pay up, but don't blame the moth.

Edited by BRS - 02/18/2020 at 2:42pm
tom View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/18/2020 at 3:03pm
thanks BRS , I definitely try to stay away from BTY, incidentally (from your examples) I stayed with 05A but did buy R53 since I did not find R50 that special.
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/18/2020 at 5:31pm
I find that the BTY Tenergy rubbers that I like (T05H) are more expensive for FH (as durability for me on FH is low on almost all rubbers). 

But for BH, I feel that the Dignics rubbers are really something.

Compared to Tenergy 05, the D05, IMHO, is eons ahead in control. It is more stable, has more dwell, grip AND has more spin. No other rubber has all these attributes better than T05.

And yes, it is, for me, at least 25% more durable. That makes it so worth it - I can probably use a sheet on my BH for a 9 months to a year. T05 lasts 5 months max on BH (& lasts 2 months on FH for me).

For FH, I still prefer a few select ESN rubbers - Dignics is unsuitable and T05H is too expensive & only slightly better, if at all.
Tt Gold View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tt Gold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/18/2020 at 7:02pm
Originally posted by slevin slevin wrote:

I find that the BTY Tenergy rubbers that I like (T05H) are more expensive for FH (as durability for me on FH is low on almost all rubbers). 

But for BH, I feel that the Dignics rubbers are really something.

Compared to Tenergy 05, the D05, IMHO, is eons ahead in control. It is more stable, has more dwell, grip AND has more spin. No other rubber has all these attributes better than T05.

And yes, it is, for me, at least 25% more durable. That makes it so worth it - I can probably use a sheet on my BH for a 9 months to a year. T05 lasts 5 months max on BH (& lasts 2 months on FH for me).

For FH, I still prefer a few select ESN rubbers - Dignics is unsuitable and T05H is too expensive & only slightly better, if at all.
My ESN rubbers last  9 months on the backhand. I have used tenergy for years in the past, but at some point the durability went down (probably because of the new ball). My current rubbers hold up well, durability wise.
mykonos96 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykonos96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/19/2020 at 1:00am
Originally posted by idk idk wrote:

"It's a steal"

Yes, but from whom?

You decide  Thumbs Up 

I know 2 players in my club and their dignics rubbers are chipping off the edge after 1 month even with side tape 

Edited by mykonos96 - 02/19/2020 at 1:00am
benfb View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benfb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/19/2020 at 1:16am
Originally posted by mykonos96 mykonos96 wrote:

"It's a steal"

Yes, but from whom?

You decide  Thumbs Up 

I know 2 players in my club and their dignics rubbers are chipping off the edge after 1 month even with side tape 
I find that strange.  I use D05, as do several strong players in my club.  None of have ever had any chipping, and especially not like the chipping common with Tenergy.

Just for the record, my experience is that D05 is about 40% more durable than T05, which makes it a better deal for me.

As for all the people that want to complain about the price of Dignics: it's a rubber, and some people really like it and don't mind paying the price.  I can appreciate that it doesn't work for you, but harping endlessly about the price is pointless.  The people that agree with you have already said as much, and everyone is tired of the argument.
liulin04 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liulin04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/19/2020 at 2:04am
I'm content with t05/t64. Didnt really like the t05 hard nor dignics 05. Even tho I can get those rubbers at dealers price. I still cant stomach spending so much on the dignics 
DonnOlsen View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonnOlsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/19/2020 at 8:51am
Hi,

In my circle, the resistance to Dignics chipping vis a vis Tenergy has been commonly noted as a highly positive improvement trait for Dignics.

Fundamentally, I appreciate Butterfly providing an alternative for the hundreds of millions of players; a distinct choice which is very favorable to a segment of players.

Thanks.

"Speed kills but technical speed absolutely annihilates defenders." Mia Hamm
jonyer1980 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonyer1980 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/19/2020 at 9:19am
Originally posted by DonnOlsen DonnOlsen wrote:

Hi,

In my circle, the resistance to Dignics chipping vis a vis Tenergy has been commonly noted as a highly positive improvement trait for Dignics.

Fundamentally, I appreciate Butterfly providing an alternative for the hundreds of millions of players; a distinct choice which is very favorable to a segment of players.

Thanks.

The answer was Rozena which is priced at 190¥ in China, but they are still  asking almost double price here.Im fully convinced that Rozenaa had same price in Europe, it could have no competence from ESN and became a best seller. 
Rosewood V FL

Thibar EL-P MAX FH

Rozena MAX BH

Avoid any Butterfly stuff... at abusive prices. Raw power without control means nothing
josef View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote josef Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/19/2020 at 9:26am
Originally posted by benfb benfb wrote:

and everyone is tired of the argument.

<Thanks for volunteering to speak for everyone and not Butterfly >

Edited by josef - 02/19/2020 at 9:27am
kevo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/19/2020 at 9:32am

This post is a) really well reasoned b) well rendered and 3) pretty hilariously true! Hats off to you sir!
mykonos96 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykonos96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/19/2020 at 9:37am
Originally posted by benfb benfb wrote:

Originally posted by mykonos96 mykonos96 wrote:

"It's a steal"

Yes, but from whom?

You decide  Thumbs Up 

I find that strange.  I use D05, as do several strong players in my club.  None of have ever had any chipping, and especially not like the chipping common with Tenergy.

Just for the record, my experience is that D05 is about 40% more durable than T05, which makes it a better deal for me.

As for all the people that want to complain about the price of Dignics: it's a rubber, and some people really like it and don't mind paying the price.  I can appreciate that it doesn't work for you, but harping endlessly about the price is pointless.  The people that agree with you have already said as much, and everyone is tired of the argument.
"

i see most modern rubbers are fragile..if my rubber gets chipped and the %99.99 of users dont have problems that will not fix my rubber 

Edited by mykonos96 - 02/19/2020 at 9:40am
tom View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/19/2020 at 9:50am
"As for all the people that want to complain about the price of Dignics: it's a rubber, and some people really like it and don't mind paying the price.  I can appreciate that it doesn't work for you, but harping endlessly about the price is pointless. " 

This is true - but considering that subject, the pricing is pertinent.  

Edited by tom - 02/19/2020 at 9:50am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic