Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Crab movements

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
blahness View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blahness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Crab movements
    Posted: 02/18/2019 at 5:41pm
Does anyone practice this away from the table to improve movement speed? Got this tip from my practice partner, because I don't move well enough. I often take one big step only which causes me to reach. 

So to move right, you lean towards your right, then your left foot follows to take a step on the right on your toes, then followed by finally planting your feet on the right just before imagining hitting the ball. Reverse for moving to the left. 

So a simple exercise would be to take two steps to the right and then imagine hitting a FH, then reverse and take two steps to the left, then hit imagine hitting a BH, rinse and repeat. 
-------
Viscaria
FH: Hurricane 8-80
BH: D05

Back to normal shape bats :(
Sponsored Links

Kolev View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kolev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/18/2019 at 7:01pm
I absolutely try to exercise my foot work the way you explained it. For many years already. This helps me to keep the balance of the body and initiate every shot from a steady position...I try
Hallmark Carbon Extreme (x3)
FH: D05/G1/RX
BH: Z2/D64/Ω7Pro
blahness View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blahness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/19/2019 at 3:28am
Originally posted by Kolev Kolev wrote:

I absolutely try to exercise my foot work the way you explained it. For many years already. This helps me to keep the balance of the body and initiate every shot from a steady position...I try

Wow, so it actually helps!
Do you also do other combinations?
-------
Viscaria

Tt Gold View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tt Gold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/19/2019 at 5:27am
how old are you @blahness? If you're still fit, you should try HIIT training ( sprints and so on) a mix of sprints that get your speed up and table shadow footwork exercises will give you a good mix of technical and physical ability.
blahness View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blahness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/19/2019 at 5:59am
Originally posted by Tt Gold Tt Gold wrote:

how old are you @blahness? If you're still fit, you should try HIIT training ( sprints and so on) a mix of sprints that get your speed up and table shadow footwork exercises will give you a good mix of technical and physical ability.

I'm 26 and still fit ahaha....yeah I've always been more of a strength training person, haven't actually tried HIIT in my entire life!
-------
Viscaria

Tt Gold View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tt Gold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/19/2019 at 6:38am
Then you should definitely do it. I'm so covinced of the effects that I guarantee you, if you are a forehand oriented player and do speed training once a week over the course of maybe 4 months, you'll increase your rating points by 100.
blahness View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blahness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/19/2019 at 7:14am
Originally posted by Tt Gold Tt Gold wrote:

Then you should definitely do it. I'm so covinced of the effects that I guarantee you, if you are a forehand oriented player and do speed training once a week over the course of maybe 4 months, you'll increase your rating points by 100.

Lol I'm definitely not a FH oriented player coz I can't move to save my life LOL....I rely a lot on BH chiquita and BH block/loops and an arsenal of nasty serves! But analysing my game, I think I lose a lot of points attacking opportunity balls....often because I'm in a bad position, if you give me FH short high balls I will happily miss 70% of them Dead
-------
Viscaria

BRS View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BRS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/19/2019 at 7:52am
I do footwork exercises at the table.  One is to sidestep around half the table and touch by each net post.  So you move in a semicircle. Ten touches at each post is a good workout.  Also along one side of the table and touch each corner.  You can use a cross-step to your fh and sidestep back, or just sidestep in both directions.  
igorponger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igorponger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/24/2019 at 7:17am
Of the world's top 20, who is the best allround athlete?

To my own taste, Mima Ito is the best hefty girl of all the others. She did adopted some boxing drills in every training session.

On the men's side of the WR, Matsudaira Kena is the Mr. Muscle beautiful. I've once seen he lifting 50 Kg weights with ease, And his naked torso looks really sexy.

SOME UNWORTHY ATHLETE(s) .
   -- And, of the Top20 , who is the wimpish one (physically improper) ?? Who IS unwilling of a proper physical drills? Yes, I know a few. No more comments for ethycal reasons, I don't feel like blackening someone's face, not me.      Yes, he is generally deamed to be some European Hero, and, for the sake of truth, he is a slacker allover; slack muscularity, shaky tall figure, chiken legs. You all know his name, of course...   

Again, it would be a worthy public poll for this forum. Come on, friends ...
Simon_plays View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simon_plays Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/24/2019 at 9:13am
Thank you for that post Igor. Very good of you to not reveal the player you are talking about for ethycal reasons. 

But just so we can be make a guess at who this chiken legged shaky European slacker IS, could you give us the player's initials?
shaolinTT View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shaolinTT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/24/2019 at 10:57pm
How about this "crab style"?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqJUrKV6Fa8
LOL
heavyspin View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heavyspin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/26/2019 at 11:39am
Originally posted by fatt fatt wrote:

Those simple exercises are great for footwork explosiveness and we can do them about everywhere.
Did you mean everywhere that's not a public place?

Edited by heavyspin - 02/26/2019 at 11:39am
An EJ to a table tennis player is an equipment junkie. An ej to a mathematician is a standard basis vector.
vik2000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vik2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/27/2019 at 10:14am
Originally posted by igorponger igorponger wrote:

To my own taste, Mima Ito is the best hefty girl of all the others. She did adopted some boxing drills in every training session.

On the men's side of the WR, Matsudaira Kena is the Mr. Muscle beautiful. I've once seen he lifting 50 Kg weights with ease, And his naked torso looks really sexy.

-- And, of the Top20 , who is the wimpish one (physically improper) ?? Who IS unwilling of a proper physical drills? Yes, I know a few. No more comments for ethycal reasons, I don't feel like blackening someone's face, not me.      Yes, he is generally deamed to be some European Hero, and, for the sake of truth, he is a slacker allover; slack muscularity, shaky tall figure, chiken legs. You all know his name, of course...   

You got a clip of Kenta Matsudaira lifting 50kg? Also it sounds ambiguous. 50kg doing what? Bicep curl 50kg is very different from benching 50kg lol. 
mhnh007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mhnh007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/27/2019 at 4:53pm
Originally posted by fatt fatt wrote:

Originally posted by vik2000 vik2000 wrote:

Originally posted by igorponger igorponger wrote:

You got a clip of Kenta Matsudaira lifting 50kg? Also it sounds ambiguous. 50kg doing what? Bicep curl 50kg is very different from benching 50kg lol.
igor my friend, do you have video of your weight lifting to share?  It helps me put your statement in context.

LOL. I think only HeavySpin is qualified to judge the video though.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic