FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Custom made blade review from Hleett

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Robin.w View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robin.w Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Custom made blade review from Hleett
    Posted: 03/02/2019 at 9:17pm
Thanks for the inputs. The test blade B  is replaced with one coming with zjk St Handle.  The blade is same to the viscaria but with the 7 pieces special treated  kiri core. Hoping it can bring more feel and less stiff. 
Originally posted by hleett hleett wrote:

Here's my 2 cents worth:
The Robin w. Vis ZJK ST test blade came in weighing @85g, 1g less than original but no big deal. The head dimension is 5.7x157.5x150.5, 1/2 a mm difference. The handle dimension is 101x29x24. It is not the same as the one shown in mytt forum. It's a JZK handle rather than a Vis handle. Blade frequency tested at 1464Hz, very close compared to BTY Viscaria of 1500Hz. A crispy sound when naked. The koto topsheet is a very good looking fish scale pattern. But one thing that is bothering me is from edge view the kiri core seemed like it may be 7 pieces of wood butted together. I notice the immediate color differences in a few places which make me wonder about this. But I could be wrong. Later on, Robin told me that the old BTY Viscarias were constructed this way. It is $10 less if order the blade with a single kiri core.
I tested the blade with two different sets of rubber. The first being Vega Pro and Vega Europ, both 1.8mm. The second set was H3N 2.2 and Palio CJ8000 2.2, which I found it to be too hard for this blade. I am much happier with the 1st set-up. The Vega rubbers give this blade a much more controllable feel than the 2nd. This was very evident in a short/over table play. Casual looping/hitting comes as easy as I lift my arm, the ball catapults a bit too fast and the contact sound is a little hollower than my liking. However, BH block/punch block has a higher throw angle than my DS90. I like a linear angle for my punch blocks. It gets better as I increase stroke speed and apply more power while getting farther away from the table. The hollowness sound becomes crispier as the ball/blade contact gets harder with faster strokes. 
Conclusion: I like it but don't love it. I don't hate the hollow sound bit prefer a crispy one. I don't mind the 7 section kiri core but I'd prefer a single sheet core. I do think $99 is a fair price given the fact it does come with a special treated kiri core and free international shipping. 
Beautiful fish scale koto view:

Edge view:

Sponsored Links

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic