Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Does harimoto trash talks?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
hunkeelin View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hunkeelin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Does harimoto trash talks?
    Posted: 12/01/2019 at 2:43pm
I vaguely remember an interview with XX back then saying harimoto used to talk trash before the match. The reason for this question is because I am seeing there's some kind of beef between the CNT and harimoto, evident by the fact that CNT players doesn't apologizing to harimoto on net/edge balls recently.
USATT: Current 2139 as of 11/2019
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/01/2019 at 4:57pm
He is their biggest threat and he is annoying.  Wouldn't even require talking trash.
troubadour View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote troubadour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/01/2019 at 5:40pm
i don't think XX meant trash talking in the sense of the shitty rhetorics boxers use, but the boy is under huge pressure from Japan, and whenever he faces the CNT, he always says he wants to win so bad, and he wants to beat the CNT players, This is what XX meant, so if any of the CNT players lost, they'll the talk of the country for the whole day/ maybe days rather than the few hours they'll be praised if they beat him, so there's more focus when they play him, And about apologies I don't know where you saw this but against FZD a few hours ago, FZD was apologising and not choing on his nets and lucky points
How many eyes have seen their dreams
vik2000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vik2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/02/2019 at 10:05am
No, he doesn't. As annoying as he may be, he's respectful like the rest of the Japanese. 

/Thread

Edited by vik2000 - 12/02/2019 at 10:05am
Fulanodetal View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fulanodetal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/02/2019 at 9:50pm
Harimoto is indeed the biggest threat to the CNT right now. Not only he beat ML, the captain, but against FZD he took 2 games and the other games were were somewhat close. He really tested FZDs limits in the final.

LYJ is also on the scope for players to watch out for the CNT.

What a tournament that was..... 

FdT
mykonos96 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykonos96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/02/2019 at 11:06pm
Originally posted by Fulanodetal Fulanodetal wrote:

Harimoto is indeed the biggest threat to the CNT right now. Not only he beat ML, the captain, but against FZD he took 2 games and the other games were were somewhat close. He really tested FZDs limits in the final.

LYJ is also on the scope for players to watch out for the CNT.

What a tournament that was..... 

FdT

Ma long was not fully recovered he was afraid to run  , an interviewer asked harimoto on purpose if ML was the same like saying betwen lines that ML  was injured but HT didnt say anything about it
Since ML struggled with gauzy in the 6th game I knew ML wasnt on shape
vik2000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote vik2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/02/2019 at 11:13pm
ML was definitely off and HT exploited his wide open forehand very well. 

Nonetheless, HT is a big threat and he's done well against FZD who was back in form. 
stiltt View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/03/2019 at 12:37am
Originally posted by vik2000 vik2000 wrote:

ML was definitely off and HT exploited his wide open forehand very well. 

Nonetheless, HT is a big threat and he's done well against FZD who was back in form. 
that's the shortest way to resume the situation. He was lacking a bit of speed and he missed a few fh loops that he can do in his sleep when in form. I am not worried at all for ML. It was a bad week for him, that's it; it happens to the greatest.
Is the world cup even a major in his mind? to me it's more a warm up on his route to peaking in Tokyo.

Edited by stiltt - 12/03/2019 at 12:38am
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/03/2019 at 1:16am
Definitely a major.  

I am a bit worried for ML if for no other reason than it has been historically hard for any athlete to sustain the level ML achieved for very many years, especially after significant injuries.  I hope he comes back to his previous level.  But remember it took him a few years to translate his insane skills into tournament wins in the biggest events.  So if now his injuries are affecting his confidence?  

Then again, he may have just been rusty and will again be unbeatable by Tokyo 2000.
mykonos96 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykonos96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/03/2019 at 3:00am
Originally posted by Baal Baal wrote:

Definitely a major.  

I am a bit worried for ML if for no other reason than it has been historically hard for any athlete to sustain the level ML achieved for very many years, especially after significant injuries.  I hope he comes back to his previous level.  But remember it took him a few years to translate his insane skills into tournament wins in the biggest events.  So if now his injuries are affecting his confidence?  

Then again, he may have just been rusty and will again be unbeatable by Tokyo 2000.

If I m corrrect he went surgery in USA  a month ago ,you cant be 100% fit after short time, I dont think they use all their " ammo" in  the world cup, who s gonna say?
My dream is to win the world cup

Wasnt chinese media talking about ML retirement before budapest worlds?

Edited by mykonos96 - 12/03/2019 at 3:04am
jfolsen View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jfolsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/03/2019 at 10:16am
It seems to me people are making this way too complicated. If he regains his form, he will be there at the Olympics. If he continues to play like last week he won't.

The CNT is not a sentimental organization. The want to win. It has always been country over individual. Coaches may have great affection for ML, but if he isn't their best chance they won't play him.
ZingyDNA View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZingyDNA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/03/2019 at 10:26am
Really? How come there's no news about that, like at all? That would explain his form. But the good news is the surgery prolly went well or he wouldn't have been able to win his first two matches, right? Hopefully the knee injury won't come back until after Tokyo Confused

Originally posted by mykonos96 mykonos96 wrote:

If I m corrrect he went surgery in USA  a month ago ,you cant be 100% fit after short time, I dont think they use all their " ammo" in  the world cup, who s gonna say?

mykonos96 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykonos96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/03/2019 at 12:56pm
[QUOTE=ZingyDNA]
Really? How come there's no news about that, like at all? That would explain his form. But the good news is the surgery prolly went well or he wouldn't have been able to win his first two matches, right? Hopefully the knee injury won't come back until after Tokyo Confused

[QUOTE=mykonos96]

I guess your knee can last 2 matches but not 4  and you need more speed to play that boys

Edited by mykonos96 - 12/03/2019 at 1:24pm
Fulanodetal View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fulanodetal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/03/2019 at 1:11pm
"If I m corrrect he went surgery in USA  a month ago ,you cant be 100% fit after short time, I dont think they use all their... "

Can you back up this claim? That he had surgery in the US? We know he had surgery done, but I was under the impression this was in China, and more than 6 months ago. There was a post about him recovering from injury sometime ago, not a "month ago". I really doubt that if he had surgery a month ago he would be playing so soon after the surgery. He would have to recover for at least 2 months. Minimum.

FdT

hunkeelin View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hunkeelin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/03/2019 at 1:20pm
Originally posted by jfolsen jfolsen wrote:

It seems to me people are making this way too complicated. If he regains his form, he will be there at the Olympics. If he continues to play like last week he won't.

The CNT is not a sentimental organization. The want to win. It has always been country over individual. Coaches may have great affection for ML, but if he isn't their best chance they won't play him.

No that is not correct.  Ma lin's last wttc and ZJK last apparenance in 2016 olympics prove otherwise. There were better canindates. 
USATT: Current 2139 as of 11/2019
mykonos96 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykonos96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/03/2019 at 2:19pm
Originally posted by Fulanodetal Fulanodetal wrote:

"If I m corrrect he went surgery in USA  a month ago ,you cant be 100% fit after short time, I dont think they use all their... "

Can you back up this claim? That he had surgery in the US? We know he had surgery done, but I was under the impression this was in China, and more than 6 months ago. There was a post about him recovering from injury sometime ago, not a "month ago". I really doubt that if he had surgery a month ago he would be playing so soon after the surgery. He would have to recover for at least 2 months. Minimum.

FdT

I will try to find it maybe its on a video on asiandrum but the guy doing physical training at  CNT  is from USA
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic