Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Eugene Wang vs Kalinikos Kreanga FrenchLeague 2015
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Eugene Wang vs Kalinikos Kreanga FrenchLeague 2015

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
aerial View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aerial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Eugene Wang vs Kalinikos Kreanga FrenchLeague 2015
    Posted: 04/05/2015 at 10:32am
This was a pretty intense match!

Nice to see a North American representative overseas Smile
Sponsored Links

beeray1 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beeray1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/05/2015 at 11:46am
Eugene the King- Excellent fight to save the two match points in the end! Kreanga's like "You gotta be kidding"
JacekGM View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JacekGM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/05/2015 at 11:49am
Originally posted by beeray1 beeray1 wrote:

Eugene the King- Excellent fight to save the two match points in the end! Kreanga's like "You gotta be kidding"
Kreanga never learned to not to lose his focus when needed.
Best Eugene's match I have seen.
(1) Juic SBA (Fl, 85 g) with Bluefire JP3 (red max) on FH and 0.6 mm DR N Desperado on BH; (2) Yinhe T7 (Fl, 87 g) with Bluefire M3 (red 2.0) on FH and 0.6 mm 755 on BH.
tiehwen View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiehwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/05/2015 at 12:02pm
E. Wang used to be 1 of the coaches of my kid & others few years ago in Bridgeport t/t club in Richmond, BC. He then played for Canada in the Olympics soon after he became a Canadian Citizen. He now plays for some club in Europe, eh? Cool.
Kreanga got pissed off easily or in the crucial moment.

good match.
Egghead View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Egghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/05/2015 at 12:19pm
Originally posted by tiehwen tiehwen wrote:

E. Wang used to be 1 of the coaches of my kid & others few years ago in Bridgeport t/t club in Richmond, BC. He then played for Canada in the Olympics soon after he became a Canadian Citizen. He now plays for some club in Europe, eh? Cool.
Kreanga got pissed off easily or in the crucial moment.

good match.
ya, what a black eye for Canadian government Ouch; fast tracked citizenship for him and no gain in the medal standing.
Aurora ST: Rhyzm / Talent OX
popperlocker View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote popperlocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/05/2015 at 12:42pm
Gotta be top 5 match of the year!!
The ball looks kind of big? I thought the french were using the old celluoid ball? Have they moved on to 40+? Anyone know which brand?
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/05/2015 at 12:51pm
It is so great to watch!!! kreanga's backhand is still not imitated; it is incredible the level of control one can have with a full arm bh swing; why isn't it taught more?
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/05/2015 at 1:06pm
Originally posted by fatt fatt wrote:

It is so great to watch!!! kreanga's backhand is still not imitated; it is incredible the level of control one can have with a full arm bh swing; why isn't it taught more?
Because taller players can get power our of more controlled swings. That said, the elements of Kreanga's power are in most high level backhands.
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
vivan4tt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote vivan4tt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/05/2015 at 1:49pm
Originally posted by popperlocker popperlocker wrote:

The ball looks kind of big? I thought the french were using the old celluoid ball? Have they moved on to 40+? Anyone know which brand?

The Plastic ball is not mandatory in French Pro A/Pro B and for national level (such as French National Championship), but that doesn't mean the plastic ball is not usable. It's just that this ball is not mandatory. I'm speaking for season 2014/2015 ofc.

I think most (if not all) pro A clubs used plastic balls during the season 2014/2015.

The very precise rule is 

"2.3.3 - La balle doit être faite de celluloïd ou d'une matière plastique analogue. Elle doit être blanche ou orange et mat"
..."the ball must be in celluloid or similar plastic material".
Mizutani sZLC / T05fx / T05fx
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/05/2015 at 2:06pm
Originally posted by NextLevel NextLevel wrote:

Because taller players can get power our of more controlled swings. That said, the elements of Kreanga's power are in most high level backhands.
I get that but then those taller players would get even more power out of a full arm bh so why don't they go for it? they'd be strategically forced to move back a bit and would that demolish too many aspects of their game elsewhere? 
Anyway I bet there is a huge part of talent involved and it is not given to anybody to be able to develop such a bh; sort of a gift.
tiehwen View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiehwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/05/2015 at 2:18pm
Originally posted by Egghead Egghead wrote:

ya, what a black eye for Canadian government Ouch; fast tracked citizenship for him and no gain in the medal standing.
True. No experience in the BIG stage. He & Andre' Ho lost in the FIRST round to some nobody?
E. Wang is a nice guy still...
amateur View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amateur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/05/2015 at 2:55pm

True. No experience in the BIG stage. He & Andre' Ho lost in the FIRST round to some nobody?

Eugene Wang didn't play singles in London (because he hadn't been eligible yet to qualify). Ho and Hinse played singles. Wang joined them for the team event, where they lost 0-3 to Japan.

Edited by amateur - 04/05/2015 at 3:01pm
malin87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote malin87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/05/2015 at 4:28pm
Kreanga's team use plastic balls 40+ for sure!
Icecream AZX,T05,Spectol21
kenneyy88 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenneyy88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/05/2015 at 4:31pm
Great win for Eugene! Looks like he lost a little weight and is playing slightly more aggressive. 
chongqinghotpot View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chongqinghotpot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/05/2015 at 5:25pm
Great match. Thanks for sharing the video. 
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/05/2015 at 6:51pm

E. Wang is a nice guy still...

+1 million on that.
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/05/2015 at 7:56pm

I get that but then those taller players would get even more power out of a full arm bh so why don't they go for it? they'd be strategically forced to move back a bit and would that demolish too many aspects of their game elsewhere? 
Anyway I bet there is a huge part of talent involved and it is not given to anybody to be able to develop such a bh; sort of a gift.

Taking the backhand from the hip is standard for away from the table power. Beyond that, making the arm too straight runs the risk of mistiming the ball and getting injured. Kreanga has short arms so he can make it work in a way that a taller person doesn't need to.   There is also the recovery risk for such a stroke that is easier to manage when your arms are smaller. Samsonov's backhand will never look as explosive as Kreanga's but it is every bit as powerful.
Cybershape Carbon
sandiway View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sandiway Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/05/2015 at 10:00pm
Kreanga's return of serve seems too passive against Wang Zhen. He pushes way too often.

Wang Zhen is as steady as a rock. He is conservative. Never goes for a wild shot. Makes everything look considered and reasonable. Kreanga, on the other hand, ...

Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/05/2015 at 10:43pm
Even though he lost this match, and his world ranking has dropped quite a bit, I am still awed by how fast Kreanga moves at 43.
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/05/2015 at 11:17pm
Originally posted by sandiway sandiway wrote:

Kreanga's return of serve seems too passive against Wang Zhen. He pushes way too often.

Wang Zhen is as steady as a rock. He is conservative. Never goes for a wild shot. Makes everything look considered and reasonable. Kreanga, on the other hand, ...

Return of serve has always been a relative weakness of Kreanga. It would be interesting to see how he would have played if his game developed in the Chiquita era.
Cybershape Carbon
Victor_the_cleaner View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Victor_the_cleaner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/05/2015 at 11:37pm
two of my favorite players. I didn't want anyone to lose : (.

Clarence247 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clarence247 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/05/2015 at 11:37pm
What rubbers does Wang use? 

OSP Virtuoso (Off-)
MX-P (Max)
Mantra M (Max)

Backup:
Yasaka Extra Offensive,
Nittaku H3 Prov
729-802 SP
sandiway View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sandiway Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/06/2015 at 12:51am

Return of serve has always been a relative weakness of Kreanga. It would be interesting to see how he would have played if his game developed in the Chiquita era.

I think he should take the time to develop the banana since he is still active. Some of his losses must greatly frustrate him... perhaps it showed even in this match.

Sandiway
jrscatman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jrscatman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/06/2015 at 1:59am
Originally posted by vivan4tt vivan4tt wrote:

Originally posted by popperlocker popperlocker wrote:

The Plastic ball is not mandatory in French Pro A/Pro B and for national level (such as French National Championship), but that doesn't mean the plastic ball is not usable. It's just that this ball is not mandatory. I'm speaking for season 2014/2015 ofc.

I think most (if not all) pro A clubs used plastic balls during the season 2014/2015.

The very precise rule is 

"2.3.3 - La balle doit être faite de celluloïd ou d'une matière plastique analogue. Elle doit être blanche ou orange et mat"
..."the ball must be in celluloid or similar plastic material".
Sounded like a pretty good crowd. How many people typically attend these matches? 
Loved the match. Fifth game 9-10 point was amazing. 
Butterfly MPS
FH: Donic Acuda S1
BH: Palio CK531A OX
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/06/2015 at 4:55am

I think he should take the time to develop the banana since he is still active. Some of his losses must greatly frustrate him... perhaps it showed even in this match.

Sandiway

I am just speculating, but speaking from experience with these things based on what sometimes happens to other pros: you may be surprised that he has tried, but after trying, accepted that that boat just passed him by.  As good as his backhand is, his short arms make it harder to get leverage over the table.  He is probably more comfortable strictly reaching over the table to push.
Cybershape Carbon
thatguy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thatguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/06/2015 at 9:03am
You can follow Wang Zhen/the pro tour here:

http://dai.ly/x2lai2v

for Canadians...Pierre-luc is in Pro B

just sign up with either a facebook or Google+ account to follow all the latest.

Edited by thatguy - 04/06/2015 at 9:04am
LOOPMEISTER View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LOOPMEISTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/06/2015 at 11:07am
Good match I watched it over the weekend.

These guys have played each other before.

Dead Wow, that plastic ball drops from the sky like a rock! Eugene had to dig down low for every long distance counter loop.

Victor_the_cleaner View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Victor_the_cleaner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/06/2015 at 1:45pm
which invites the comment: they both appeared to have great control of the ball. Very long, very entertaining rallies. Still a lot of spin, still a lot of trajectory bend. 

I think the main problem with the new ball is quality and price. If they make it as durable and cheap as the old one, people will get over the difference is bounce pretty quickly.
vivan4tt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote vivan4tt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/06/2015 at 6:31pm
Originally posted by jrscatman jrscatman wrote:

Sounded like a pretty good crowd. How many people typically attend these matches? 
Loved the match. Fifth game 9-10 point was amazing. 

The club where it is played is Hennebont, this table tennis club is just awesome. It is not a top french club since that long (playing in Pro A since 2002 or 2003 I think), but they have made big investments to develop this club, the fanbase....etc....of course they have been French champions a lot thanks to major signatures (They quicky signed both Kreanga and RSM).

The club is still young, but this is, i think, by far the French club that is making the biggest investment into very young player development......they even make traning stages for all level players (of any age), permitting to spare with very good players, even semi-pros....

No wonder this young club has a pretty good crowd and it should be even better in the future. 

I have never assisted to a home TT match in Hennebont since 2009 (for a champion's league match), so I don't really know what is the typical attendance for Hennebont in 2015......but it is growing, for sure. 

Mizutani sZLC / T05fx / T05fx
JacekGM View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JacekGM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/06/2015 at 8:03pm
Originally posted by LOOPMEISTER LOOPMEISTER wrote:

Good match I watched it over the weekend.

These guys have played each other before.

Dead Wow, that plastic ball drops from the sky like a rock! Eugene had to dig down low for every long distance counter loop.

and of course the youngster Kreanga did not care about the new ball a bit. Why would he...
(1) Juic SBA (Fl, 85 g) with Bluefire JP3 (red max) on FH and 0.6 mm DR N Desperado on BH; (2) Yinhe T7 (Fl, 87 g) with Bluefire M3 (red 2.0) on FH and 0.6 mm 755 on BH.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic