Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

footwork

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
mika9967 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mika9967 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: footwork
    Posted: 07/21/2009 at 10:20pm
I am newer living in Vietnam where I think table tennis is not a good world level, so far I like this game and I want to try to my best to practice it regularly as I can. Therefore, for my condion of living, I can not afford for the master who can teach me to the best player,. So, I hope with this forum I badly need you all help me your experiences of playing TT. At the moment I am weak of returning the service with long servive and puduculum long pin, and weak of footwork movement to receive the opponent attack. Who are  in forum can help me, thanks.
ThaiLe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThaiLe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/22/2009 at 1:06am
IMO, it is almost impossible to learn table tennis by reading book or words but it is much better off when you have someone physically teach you all the different strokes as well as footwork.

tdragon View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tdragon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/22/2009 at 1:33am
Originally posted by ThaiLe ThaiLe wrote:

IMO, it is almost impossible to learn table tennis by reading book or words but it is much better off when you have someone physically teach you all the different strokes as well as footwork.
+1
There is a lot easier to learn with someone be a mentor. You could look for some video in youtube, but it is not easy to learn though. Good luck. Wink
ThaiLe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThaiLe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/22/2009 at 1:52am
Originally posted by tdragon tdragon wrote:

Originally posted by ThaiLe ThaiLe wrote:

+1
There is a lot easier to learn with someone be a mentor. You could look for some video in youtube, but it is not easy to learn though. Good luck. Wink

Unless you are tdragon...LOL

asyraf View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asyraf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/22/2009 at 2:46am
footwork is one of things you have to learn to be a good player..
Blade: TBS
FH: Sriver L 2.1mm
BH: Vega Europe Max
silverhair View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silverhair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/22/2009 at 9:06am
I recommend playing at a club with some better players.  Watching their technique will help.  Maybe they will help with informal instruction and practice.

There is too much to explain to a beginner by reading forum messages.  It a game that must be played to understand and learn.
ThaiLe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThaiLe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/22/2009 at 10:52am
Originally posted by silverhair silverhair wrote:

I recommend playing at a club with some better players.  Watching their technique will help.  Maybe they will help with informal instruction and practice.

There is too much to explain to a beginner by reading forum messages.  It a game that must be played to understand and learn.

yes, it is hard to absorb all the info by just reading forum messages or even watching the matches.  Once you have the fundamental then you can learn by listening, or reading, or watching matches.

randypesole View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randypesole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/11/2009 at 5:52am
i am from philippines and i really love this sport. but it seems it is not that popular sport here in my place coz it has not promote nor have good support to our country..if only someone can give support in giving as tables to practise with we could compete internationally..
ttCrawsaive View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttCrawsaive Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/04/2011 at 10:27am
It's impossible to become good from reading things or listening to someone speaking.
The only way in this case is watching some technique vids, and hoping it works!
Good luck! :D
http://www.youtube.com/user/ttCrawsaive
jkillashark View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jkillashark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/04/2011 at 7:21pm
Find someone feed you multiball.

My good footwork habits started with a refusal to learn backhand. I would aggressively run around the table only using forehand to open up play. Backhand block, and backhand push were about the only two strokes I used for backhand.

With multiball you train your legs to move like in a rally. You might be able to perform it perfectly in the multiball sessions but you may physically freeze up in a real game. You need to constantly think about moving your feet.

Bend your knees. Jump rope. Run everyday. This is what I do.
www.teamliquid.net
Nittaku Violin FL
FH: Black DHS Neo Hurricane 3 Orange Sponge Provincial Max
BH: Red Xiom Vega Europe Max

Screw Butterfly and go Korean.
Footwork and forehand is always the answer.
Pioneer View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pioneer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/04/2011 at 8:09pm
I'm really suffering from it, and it's a big flaw you know ... but I'm getting better too Wink 
Blade: Timo Boll ZLF ST
My Feedback

silverhair View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silverhair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/04/2011 at 9:38pm
Alright, somehow Dr. Frankenstien raised this thread from the dead.  Has anything changed in the last couple of years?
Mike7381 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike7381 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/20/2012 at 12:58am
We can't learn Table Tennis by books, everything need to be learned by practicing and advice from coaches.
salter1981 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salter1981 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/04/2013 at 4:12am
More real approach would be: do skipping rope,do many sprint bursts-30m,lie on Your back legs up and do 120 fast bicycles,turning Your ankles,You have natural talent, but remember, talent is compacted 10% the rest 90% sweat... You like challenge?, put small trampoline behind T.T. table and rally bouncing one one leg. You will learn balance in a jiffy.. Also as soon as You finish swing, move feet or bounce, 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic