Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Any opinion about QUAD 480?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
iakovka View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iakovka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Any opinion about QUAD 480?
    Posted: 03/05/2007 at 6:50am
What do you think about QUAD 480 (MAX)?
(on TIMO BOLL SPIRIT  -  forehand)

My backhand is MARK V (2mm)

I have very strong Spin on my forehand.

Any ball i can do forehand - I do forehand.
My stroke is not perfect.
But my spin usually does not come back to me.

I will be happy to get any opinion
Sponsored Links

iakovka View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iakovka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/05/2007 at 3:16pm
Anybody?
iakovka View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iakovka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/06/2007 at 5:53am
Cry?
gundam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gundam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/06/2007 at 7:02am
I used to play with the Quad 480 (max) on my J.M. Saive OFF blade. The rubber fits Euro style so if you like tacky rubbers, do get this one. The sponge is considered hard but it is softer than other rubbers. If you plan to get this rubber, don't speed glue it.
iakovka View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iakovka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/06/2007 at 11:11am

thak you qundam

And what about speed and spin (lets say comparing with mark V max)
gundam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gundam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/06/2007 at 7:19pm
Sorry, I have not used Mark V and therefore cannot give a good comparison.

In terms of speed, this rubber has speed and in terms of spin you'll get more spin if you get the max than say getting a 2.0 mm one. If your game is based on looping/spin but looking for a little bit of speed, then this rubber might be for you.

Mind you most Q480 users that I know have upgraded to the Plasma 470, which offers more spin.

Hope this helps a bit.
iakovka View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iakovka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/10/2007 at 9:34am

Ok. for interested:

After my third experience i can say that generally i like this Rubber.
What does it mian generally:

- Control is very very good for the fast rubber like this.
 - Fast enough- not one of the most fastest rubbers. but lets say 8 of 10.
 - Spin - here we must devide for 2 categories: this rubber is very good for looping. Nice and very stable trajectory. strong spin. But ...very poor performance when you try to chop a ball(even serve).
I would give this rubber 9.5 in spin on looping and only 5-6 on choping.
I think it happen because when you play chop the sponge is not really plays and and the topsheet itself is not so spinny without the influence of the sponge.

In general - it is a good rubber for looper looper and looper. I think this rubber is not good for combination style of game.
Also not for somebody who likes to finish with the stroke and not with spin.

p.s
I must mention again that loping is really enjoyable with this rubber. just evry ball lay down to the table

gundam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gundam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/10/2007 at 6:30pm
I don't think the Q480 is for chopping. Tongue However, the Q450 or the Q420 will give you better feel for chopping.

If you love the Q480, you must give the Plasma 470 a go.
iakovka View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iakovka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/11/2007 at 6:08pm

I played today again - really good feeling. I liked it very much. I dont really know what can fit me better now(hope the rubber will not change the properties)

One thing to mention - i see that during the game i lost some 3-4 red rubber sheet pips from sides. I just interested - if it is going to proceed.
I that because of the extratension.
gundam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gundam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/11/2007 at 8:07pm
Yes, Tensor rubbers are known for that. It doesn't affect performance.
iakovka View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iakovka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/13/2007 at 6:12am
thanks
Can you compare your Plasma 470 with QUAT 480  - I just interested for future upgrade.(in terms of speed and elasity of the sponge, spin, and so on...)
I liked QUAD 480 for spin very much. Are you saying that it could be somthing even better than this?
gekogark1212 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gekogark1212 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/13/2007 at 8:36am
Originally posted by iakovka iakovka wrote:

Ok. for interested:

After my third experience i can say that generally i like this Rubber.
What does it mian generally:

- Control is very very good for the fast rubber like this.
 - Fast enough- not one of the most fastest rubbers. but lets say 8 of 10.
 - Spin - here we must devide for 2 categories: this rubber is very good for looping. Nice and very stable trajectory. strong spin. But ...very poor performance when you try to chop a ball(even serve).
I would give this rubber 9.5 in spin on looping and only 5-6 on choping.
I think it happen because when you play chop the sponge is not really plays and and the topsheet itself is not so spinny without the influence of the sponge.

In general - it is a good rubber for looper looper and looper. I think this rubber is not good for combination style of game.
Also not for somebody who likes to finish with the stroke and not with spin.

p.s
I must mention again that loping is really enjoyable with this rubber. just evry ball lay down to the table

I agree that it has a stable trajectory and is very fast, BUT I have to disagree about it being unsuitable for smashing/punching. I actually use this on the BH and punch very successfully with it, only looping to set up for the punch.
Edit: I used it before my current Plasma 470 to clarify

Gark
(\__/)

(='.'=) But there's no sense crying over every mistake,

(")_(") You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.
SamyBoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SamyBoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/13/2007 at 1:27pm
anyone have a clear idea on the difference between plasma and quad ?? as far as i can see from some websites, it seems to serve the same purpose, is it not? (same speed-spin and built in glue effect...)

Cheers
gundam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gundam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/13/2007 at 9:57pm
The plasma rubbers are the next generation Tensor rubbers.
One the surface, the Quads and Plasmas look almost the same, but the Plasmas offer better performance. The Plasmas offer more spin and speed without loosing control. Plasmas also offer better 'ball feeling' than the Quads. Lastly, IMHO the Plasmas tend to last longer than the Quads.

iakovka View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iakovka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/14/2007 at 5:47am

Are the plasmas dont  have overglueing effect?

I mean, somebody said me they feel like 7 layer of glue on it?
Are they not too soft(comparing to QUAD 480). I find the QUAD 480 middle soft.(really not hard - that is for sure)
forehandloop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote forehandloop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/14/2007 at 7:39am
Actually I think plasmas have lesser 'feel' when impact with the ball. It does not offer as much control as it is harder to 'feel' the ball's contact
MALIN=Making A Loop Irritate Noobs

TIMOBOLL=Tt Includes More Of Body Odour, Lob Lowly

SAMSONOV=Slicing A Massive Spin Over Non-Oxygen Vessels

MALONG=My Attack Leads Our National Encyclopedia
gekogark1212 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gekogark1212 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/14/2007 at 8:09am

Are they not too soft(comparing to QUAD 480). I find the QUAD 480 middle soft.(really not hard - that is for sure)

That's marketing BS IMO, the plasma feels like it has 1 layer on it.
(\__/)

(='.'=) But there's no sense crying over every mistake,

(")_(") You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.
gundam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gundam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/14/2007 at 9:34am

7 layers of glue? I don't think so. You only glue it once. Your friend might have played with the rubbers straight after glueing. My advice is to make sure that you let the glue dry up totally before playing with them.

Yes, I agree. Both the Plasma 470 and the Quad 480 use 'hard' sponges but IMO, the sponge is still softer than other rubbers, say like H2. I too would consider the P470 and Q480 as middle-soft maybe bordering on the hard side.

One of our top players (A-grade) in the club has recently been using the P470. Now he is a 100% devout speed gluer. Why the shift? Because he can not spend the time glueing up before his matches. So he gave the P470 a go and he reckons it is the closest thing to 'speed glued' rubber. Though the performance isn't the same, it is sufficient for him. He'll probably glue up his old rubbers when he gets the chance.

gundam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gundam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/14/2007 at 9:36am
Originally posted by forehandloop forehandloop wrote:

Actually I think plasmas have lesser 'feel' when impact with the ball. It does not offer as much control as it is harder to 'feel' the ball's contact

Really? That's interesting.

Mind if I ask if what blade you're using and what rubber thickness did you use?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote forehandloop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/14/2007 at 9:51am
yay i finally got quoted!

my blade is an unknown brand from china called Yuguan. The wood is like a $30 butterfly blade.

SamyBoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SamyBoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/14/2007 at 10:49am
thanks guys... this is very useful info, mostly since the one to be found on compagnies web sites is mostly commercial crap:-) They don't even post the weight of their rubbers...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote forehandloop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/14/2007 at 10:50am
I am actually the manager of the butterfly brand in disguise. i hope to promote my tt bats

iakovka View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iakovka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/14/2007 at 12:14pm
gundam If I ask you compare the hardness of sponge and durabilty between these two what would you say?
(I ask because I am concerned that plasma Could be too soft for me - I don't like too soft feeling(like in Sriver FX as example)

Ah, and another question - are you really feel the difference between these two - especially in feeling and trajectory of spin?
gundam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gundam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/14/2007 at 7:10pm
IMO, the sponges for both Q480 and P470 are the same. The only difference would be the topsheet where the P470 has gone through an enhanced manufacturing. So if you like the hardness of the Q480, you'll have no problems with the P470 and comparing it to Sriver FX, the P470 is definitely harder.

In terms of durability, again IMO, the P470 seems to last longer. Mind you I don't think they last that long. Compared to say Butterfly rubbers. But this comes down to how often you play and how well you take care of your rubbers.

I've had mine glued on my blade for about 2.5 months now and I play and train at least once a week. It still looks okay. I got a few rips but that was because of me hitting a couple of edges (I'll see if I can post some pictures).

As far as 'feeling' for spin and trajectory, I would really say that there's a difference. But the best is to grab a sheet and try it out for yourself.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote forehandloop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/14/2007 at 9:14pm
you cant just "grab a sheet". it costs a lot u know

iakovka View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iakovka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/15/2007 at 5:35am
Thanks gundam.

The information was very useful.

I think I will try Plasma 470 next time(after my QUAD 480 will end) 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote forehandloop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/15/2007 at 5:42am
im getting a plasma 470 tv soon

forehandchop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote forehandchop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/15/2007 at 5:50am
u dont talk big la, you dont have so much money.

actually all andro rubber is moderate only. even though they have nice name like plasma tv.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote forehandloop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/15/2007 at 6:43am
i stole 10 bucks from Wang Liqun's wallet when he wasn't looking

iakovka View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iakovka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/26/2007 at 4:29pm
Nice - 20 days - my rubber is done.
It is torn in the middle in 3 places (in the middle)
I liked the rubber - but 20 days - maybe 15-20 hours of playing .....
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic