Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

need to get nonspeed glue

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
a11291994 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote a11291994 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: need to get nonspeed glue
    Posted: 03/20/2007 at 9:22pm
where can you get non speed glue. can you use a gluestick? cuz speed glure runs out fast.
Sponsored Links

mdjenders View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdjenders Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/21/2007 at 2:08am
Standard rubber cement like you get at an arts and crafts or office store works just fine.  I use Best Test brand rubber cement, but anything works.  I like to use some thinner solvent to thin out the rubber cement to make it more like the overpriced tt glues (all these are is thinned out rubber cement basically).
forehandchop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote forehandchop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/21/2007 at 3:16am
you can use the butterfly basic chack
kichimon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kichimon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/25/2007 at 8:57am

I use Stiga Victory. I believe it is a normal and nonspeed glue. It works for me.

MindTrip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MindTrip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/25/2007 at 9:18am
Originally posted by mdjenders mdjenders wrote:

Standard rubber cement like you get at an arts and crafts or office store works just fine.  I use Best Test brand rubber cement, but anything works.  I like to use some thinner solvent to thin out the rubber cement to make it more like the overpriced tt glues (all these are is thinned out rubber cement basically).

What kind of solvent? Rubber cement thinner?
Apolonia ZLC
Donic Z3
Andro R42
Darno View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/26/2007 at 12:38am

I just bought some Best Test Rubber Cement and Bestine solvent thinner from an Arts and Craft store (Michaels).  The thinner basically contains Heptane.

Can anyone tell me how they mix it and what ratio mixture they use?

dinchu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dinchu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/26/2007 at 2:07am
i'm interested too in get non speed glue... so i tried bicicle's glue... the one that is common used to fix the wheel rubber. and it worked! is a very cheap and non speed glue. try it

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote forehandchop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/26/2007 at 4:18am
bicycle glue is illegal, I think during the Asian games... some team was disqualified for using bicycle glue.
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/26/2007 at 9:37am
Yeah, it's not a non speed glue. It's a massive speed glue. More specifically, it's the very chemical that the last glue rule was targeting. trichloroethlsomethingoranother
Wavestone St with Illumina 1.9r, defender1.7b

Please let me know if I can be of assistance.
D4VOW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote D4VOW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/26/2007 at 1:03pm
Bicycle glue was what started the whole speed glue phenomenon. It is already banned, the solvents it contains were banned many years ago.

I use Tibhar Individual. It is alot thinner than Basic Chack making it far easier to apply.
Blade:Stiga Offensive Classic (FL-Master)
FH:Stiga Boost TC (2.0)
BH:Stiga Boost TC (2.0)
pingpongpaddy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pingpongpaddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/28/2007 at 6:21pm
Originally posted by dinchu dinchu wrote:

i'm interested too in get non speed glue... so i tried bicicle's glue... the one that is common�used to fix the wheel�rubber. and it worked! is a very cheap and�non speed�glue. try it

BICYCLE GLUE IS THE ORIGINAL SPEED GLUE
discovered by jonyer and klampar!! ITS NOT LEGAL
inactive dotec carbokev

yin he galaxy 1 p
ly

FH moristo sp AX MAX

bh moristo sp ax max
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/29/2007 at 12:09am
Originally posted by pingpongpaddy pingpongpaddy wrote:

Originally posted by dinchu dinchu wrote:

i'm interested too in get non speed glue... so i tried bicicle's glue... the one that is common used to fix the wheel rubber. and it worked! is a very cheap and non speed glue. try it

BICYCLE GLUE IS THE ORIGINAL SPEED GLUE
discovered by jonyer and klampar!! ITS NOT LEGAL

You are sure right.  Out in the middle of some God-forsaken land, sometimes, it was all we could get locally.  Yes, there was a nice sound from the racket only on the first day you use the stuff!  Big%20smile   No real sanctioned tournements there, so no real foul. Eventually someone could take a trip back to the states or Europe and bring some back.  Couldn't get any vendor to mail even regular TT glue - should of ordered Elmer's cement from Walmart.com back then.  Even tried using many row of double sided sticky 10 mm wide clear tape on a crappy blade once, it worked until I got a decent blade!
Korea Foreign Table Tennis Club
Search for us on Facebook: koreaforeignttc
dinchu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dinchu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/29/2007 at 1:19am

ohh man!!!!! i can't believe this all this time i was playing ilegal! hahaha that might be the reason i'm n�1 ...

compared to speen (a national brand of speed glue), bicicle's glue is really slow and noisy i can't believe that can be called speed glue
Markus. L View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Markus. L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/29/2007 at 1:53am
where you from, if canada you can get glue from pingpong.com, in the states you can get it from megaspin.net
Nittaku Acoustic-FL
fh/bh-Almana

BUTTERFLY Timo Boll TriCarbon-FL
fh/bh-Optimum MP

DONIC Waldner Senso Carbon
dinchu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dinchu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/30/2007 at 12:33am
i'm from argentina, check my profile
Swiff View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Swiff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/30/2007 at 2:18pm

Anything from any table tennis brand.   Chack.   A lot of people just use rubber cement.

dinchu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dinchu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/03/2007 at 7:13am
what is called rubber cement??

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote forehandchop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/03/2007 at 7:39pm
rubber cement is bicycle glue. which is illegal.
Adib View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adib Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/04/2007 at 12:59am
I mix the rubber cement with GuaYenhua speed glue for good effect...
Blade:Nittaku Rorin 9mm,Xiom RSM Gold,TSP YAMATO-K 10.5mm
Rubber:Black 38 degree Hurricane 3 Provincial
reachie85 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reachie85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/04/2007 at 2:01pm
try ordering it online, i use Friendship 729 NONPOISONOUS glue, (guess they added the nonpoisonous so you can inhale as much of it as you want...)  it's cheap, and it works.
BL: Yasaka Ma Lin Extra Offensive CPen
FH: Haifu Blue Whale 2
BH: Nittaku Nodias
loopdaddy View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loopdaddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/06/2007 at 2:45pm
Originally posted by forehandchop forehandchop wrote:

rubber cement is bicycle glue. which is illegal.

I was talking to someone far more knowledgeable than I in all things TT this morning about the possible ban on ordinary rubber cement becuase it has heptane(sp?) in it. The one I know of is Elmers because I saw the MSDS sheet for it-- it's available at the Elmers web site.
It didn't give a real percentage, but it's there. The upshot of our conversation was that he felt regular rubber cement may remain legal because it would be put on and left on until the rubber was either worn out or the player decided to change-- as opposed to re-gluing everytime you play. That makes sense to me because the issue is not that speed glue gives anyone an unfair advantage-- anyone can use it-- but the constant use of it is a health hazzard. In this PC world, it was only a matter of time (speed glue and paint with lead in it ).
As long as the playing field is level.
Do you think that regular rubber cement will remain legal after the ban?
More spin less talk.
*Galaxy W1       
*H2
*Sriver EL

varghesep View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote varghesep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/17/2007 at 6:27pm
Have a blog on glue at http://www.tabletennisnetwork.com
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic