Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

DHS Hurricane 3 and Nittaku Hurricane 3 pro

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
seanyjh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyjh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: DHS Hurricane 3 and Nittaku Hurricane 3 pro
    Posted: 08/17/2007 at 9:56pm
Can anyone kindly tell me what are the differences between the DHS Hurricane 3 National Version Rubber and Nittaku Hurricane 3 Pro Rubber???

Thanks...
Sponsored Links

tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/17/2007 at 11:36pm
I know a lot about the DHS stuff, but not sure about this one . . . never tried or heard much about the Nittaku.
For More Info, PM or Email me: [email protected]
Hookshot View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hookshot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/18/2007 at 12:52am
     Never heard of a Nittaku Hurricane.
mdjenders View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdjenders Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/18/2007 at 1:29am
I believe there are two versions of Hurricane by Nittaku.  One has a softer Japanese sponge, and the Pro version you are referring to has a premium, high quality chinese sponge made by DHS.  This would make the Nittaku Pro equivalent to the H3 provincial or national, I would guess.
Hookshot View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hookshot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/18/2007 at 2:43am
     The  Hurricane 3 Pro I saw was on a DHS site. Is this different. Did they just not mention Nittaku? Or does Nittaku make them both?Geek
     I have a Hurricane 3 Pro on the way but never saw the word Nittaku anywhere. Should be here tomorrow, I hope.  Smile
j0hn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote j0hn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/18/2007 at 2:56am
not sure with h3 national version but i already played with nittaku h3 pro and its much harder sponge compared with h3 provincial.

h3 pro is produced by nittaku with collaboration with dhs. dhs doesn't produced h3 pro. nittaku produced h2 pro, h3 pro, h2 and h3 with japanese sponge and they also have a version of a commercialize h2 and h3.
stiga inspira plus, dhs h3 provincial 41° | bty dignics 64
dkore View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dkore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/18/2007 at 5:20am
in Universiade Bangkok 2007 in Thailand last 2 days ago.
I see most of the chinese players use DHS Hurricane 3 orange sponge not Nittaku.
I have try both I think almost same but Nittaku is more expensive and softer sponge.
Xiom : Speed ++ FL
Xiom : Omega II Max Black
Xiom : Omega II Max Red
http://img256.imageshack.us/img256/5513/speedgy5.gif
JRSDallas View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JRSDallas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/18/2007 at 11:31am
The H2 Pro and H3 Pro are available with 2.15mm sponge in addition to the regular 2.0 and 2.2mm.   Normally only sponsored players can get 2.15mm sponge.   I bought one sheet of H2 Pro and H3 Pro in 2.15mm and I will get to play with the H2 Pro today.  

From the looks of the sheets, they appear to be made from the same materials as regular H2/H3 rubber on DHS #20 orange sponge.  The H2 Pro sponge responds very well to glue and the H3 Pro sponge seems to be soft and elastic (maybe 38 or 39 hardness).  The topsheet has both DHS and Nittaku's name molded in.   The sponge has to be DHS #20 since Nittaku doesn't have anything else like it in the rest of their product line.

I am thinking that the H2 Pro and H3 Pro are DHS's strategy for selling better cuts of Hurricane 2/3 through a separate channel (i.e. commercially available provencial grade Hurricane) at a higher price.    Its absolutely true that you can't get 2.15mm sponge in any other commercial sheet so I am assuming that the quality of the sponge in Hurricane 2/3 Pro is higher than on regular commercial DHS Hurricane 2/3.

I'll post a review of the H2 Pro 2.15mm black this weekend.

tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/18/2007 at 11:47am
I just glue sheeted a DHS Hurricane III on one blade and a DHS Hurricane III Provincial on another blade. There is a difference in the sponge. The commercial H3 is more brittle. I noticed when cutting. The H3-P is more elastic . . . probably like the Nittaku.
mdjenders View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdjenders Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/18/2007 at 11:48am
thanks JRS.  Let us know how that plays.  I am interested if the Nittaku H3 Pro sponge feels any different than the H3 provincial sponges stamped at 39.
varghesep View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote varghesep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/18/2007 at 11:50am
Was hallmark brought out by Nittaku?
tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/18/2007 at 11:53am
I never liked their greeting cards!!
timtabletennis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timtabletennis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/18/2007 at 2:29pm
Ok, i read most of the forum here and it did not tell me much. Can anyone be more clearify about the difference between Nittaku H3 and Japanese H3? Just give me the differene and not telling me story. thank you
Tim-Kong
Hookshot View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hookshot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/18/2007 at 2:44pm
Just got the Hurricane 3 Pro.  DHS is the only name I can find on it. It has an orange sponge, two corners of the rubber trimmed. The sponge is stamped #20,,,D39,,,,T2.2
Get to try it tomorrow.Smile
tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/18/2007 at 3:00pm
Originally posted by timtabletennis timtabletennis wrote:

Ok, i read most of the forum here and it did not tell me much. Can anyone be more clearify about the difference between Nittaku H3 and Japanese H3? Just give me the differene and not telling me story. thank you

The Nittaku H3 and Japanese 3 and any other H3 are not as good as
the REAL DHS Hurricane III-Provincial. END OF STORY! Is that short enough for you?

And, you might consider being less rude to members who are on here taking their time to give you a lot of insight and information. If you don't want to read it, don't read it. Join a different forum. :-(. Bu Hao!!!
j0hn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote j0hn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/18/2007 at 9:35pm
japanese h3 has a softer sponge than the other h3's. and only nittaku produces h3 with japanese sponge.
stiga inspira plus, dhs h3 provincial 41° | bty dignics 64
JRSDallas View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JRSDallas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/19/2007 at 10:18am
Here is my review of H2 Pro 2.15mm.

I had pre-glued this sponge with 3 coats of Falco Tempo Unlimited (2 heavy, 1 light) and had let the light one settle until the sheet was flat before attaching it to the blade.   I had been getting good dome and expect the sheet to expand when I glue again.

The top sheet has the uniformly dull surface black rather than the shinier black surface of some black commercial H3.  In this way it reminded me of a sheet of provencial H3 40 black that I had owned.

The sponge hardness was about 40-41, and when hitting, you got the hard sponge 'spank' sound and feel on balls you hit too flat, and the rubber sound on balls that we're grazed more.  The feel was pure DHS #20 sponge so this confirms to me that DHS #20 is the sponge under H2 Pro.

The sheet played very well with excellent spin and speed.  I was able to loop, drive, kill loop incoming slow loops, hit incoming loops, block and push with nice behavior.   The low throw kept many more  shots on the table than I find with H3 when hitting or kill looping an incoming slow loop.

I never felt like the sheet was too thick or had too much dwell on any shot like I get on some shots with H3 2.2.   It was a harder sponge but the speed was very good and I had more than enough spin. 

Right after I started I removed the red H3 from my backhand and put on my sheet of red commercial H2 39+ degree.   The H2 pro was harder than the H2 red commercial.  I played H2 Pro on FH and H2 commercial on BH all night and played very well.    H2 gives me more control than H3 since the throw is low.  It lets me block incoming loops easily without the occasional return climbing up and floating back too much.  I was much more consistent with the H2 in rallies as well as I was less likely to have a ball get too much sponge and spring out high and long.   Harder H3 might have a similar benefit though the higher throw does call for different angle adjustments.

Sponge hardness:

I don't have an instrument to measure with but I've got a ton of H3 commercial experience as a reference for these comments.

Softest to hardest:   H3 Commercial 39,  H2 Commercial 40?,  H2 Pro 41?

In summary - I think that the Nittaku H2 Pro is essentially equal to H2 Provencial or at worst something in between a good sheet of commercial and provencial.   

timtabletennis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timtabletennis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/19/2007 at 12:59pm
Not being rude around here. Just trying to understand more of the detail of Nittaku h3 and Jap. H3. Anyhow, thanks for info.
Tim-Kong
JRSDallas View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JRSDallas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/19/2007 at 1:45pm
CORRECTION  - My "In summary" said H3 when it should have said H2.  That is fixed now.

I have not yet tried H3 Pro and I may not try it for a while since I am going to stick with H2 on both sides for now.

bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/20/2007 at 3:13am

If i m right you state that non comercial h3 are not shiny , well liu guozheng's h3 look shinier more than in videos or pics also most of the juniors in austria world junior had h3 sheets with wetlike shiny h3 sheets
JRSDallas View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JRSDallas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/20/2007 at 8:41am
My comments are about H2 not H3...  I tested one sheet of Nittaku H2 Pro at 2.15mm thickness.     That one sheet of H2 Pro was not shiny and reminded me of one sheet of H3 provencial that I had bought.

I don't know if the one sheet of H2 Pro I received is representative of the population.   

Most of my H3 sheets (I've used about 12) have been shiny. 
My H2 sheets combining DHS and Nittaku and totaling 4 sheets have been about 50 / 50 shiny or mat.   I think the shiny ones have been spinnier but for some reason my first sheet of H2 Pro and the only sheet of H3 provencial (both black) have been matte.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic