FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Kreanga Carbon Legal Modification

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Kreanga Carbon Legal Modification
    Posted: 10/07/2007 at 2:17am
I took the advice of a very brave forum member to make my KC legal. My modification is 90% completed and I am very very very optimistic that I have created an IMPROVED KC. This baby is lighter and I'm sure it will have more feel by the time I'm finished. I will use my good 'ol triple sealing technique to finish it off.

What do you think?

For More Info, PM or Email me: [email protected]
Sponsored Links

LachlanTan View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LachlanTan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/07/2007 at 2:20am
great idea
silvalis View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silvalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/07/2007 at 2:21am
how much lighter?
Potato Face
aeoliah View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aeoliah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/07/2007 at 2:49am
If it is only taking off the silver sealant, I think a normal digital scale would hardly give any reaction. I would guess around 3 grams will be taken.
Member of the Single Ply Hinoki Club
Viscaria Super ALC C-Pen
Rasanter C48

pingpongrob View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pingpongrob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/07/2007 at 2:58am
Originally posted by aeoliah aeoliah wrote:

If it is only taking off the silver sealant, I think a normal digital scale would hardly give any reaction. I would guess around 3 grams will be taken.

Hate to let you Down Mate, But triple sealing will again make your Blade Illegal.

The rule states that you must be able to see and Feel the Grain, I coat would probably be ok, as long as you can still feel the grain.

Whatever you do, dont make it smooth like Glass.
Distributor for Andro, XIOM, Tibhar, Joola, Dr Neubauer, Donic, DHS, AIR, Dawei, 729 & Yinhe

http://www.affordablett.com.au
firetack View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote firetack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/07/2007 at 3:25am
   tommy please let us know how it compares to how it was before you took the silver off
Black Balsa 3.0 fh/tenergy 05 1.9 388d ox

theman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/07/2007 at 5:42am
yeh i hope it plays well, cmon butterfly make kreanga carbon plz!
i lost my racquet

Schlager u beast

http://www.youtube.com/MDSguy

firetack View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote firetack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/07/2007 at 6:55am
is it faster now?i ask this because the silver finish was kinda soft,you can score it with your fingernail
Black Balsa 3.0 fh/tenergy 05 1.9 388d ox

IceDefence View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IceDefence Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/07/2007 at 9:42am
Is the KC the only BTY blade that is painted with colours on the blade head: I mean is he the only blade that is only silver coloured e.t.c.
DHS PG2-L

FH: Butterfly Tackiness Chop II Red 1.9
BH: Joola Poker Black 1.2
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pingpongrob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/07/2007 at 9:48am
Originally posted by IceDefence IceDefence wrote:

Is the KC the only BTY blade that is painted with colours on the blade head: I mean is he the only blade that is only silver coloured e.t.c.

I think painting is Ok, as long as you can actually feel the grain of the timber.

The Dawei Bio X50 has a light coat of silver, but you can still feel the grain.
Distributor for Andro, XIOM, Tibhar, Joola, Dr Neubauer, Donic, DHS, AIR, Dawei, 729 & Yinhe

tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/07/2007 at 10:37am
Rob,
I've owned two Dawei x50s and no way I could feel or see the grain. Those babies seem like they're dunked in a bucket of silver muck. I still like them, but there's NO chance they would meet the criteria for "legal" as described above. Are you sure the grain has to be seen and felt? I hope you're info is incorrect. I learned this technique from high level Chinese players in China. Is it illegal in the international events or only the USA events?
tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/07/2007 at 10:37am
Here's a few pics of my new, modified, super-duper KC (not finished):

20071007_103810_KC-x3.gif

20071007_103834_KC-x2.gif

20071007_103853_KC-x1.gif

It's certainly lighter. A lot of silver goo came off. I'm sure it will be a few grams lighter even after I triple seal!
tiehwen View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiehwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/07/2007 at 5:58pm
Good job! I hope u didn't spend most of ur weekend doing that. Should've spent fair bit of time w/ ur "neglected" GF!
The KC sure looks brand new. I should say, a born-again KC.
tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/07/2007 at 9:40pm
I bought a $30 sander from Sears, and did the job in 30 minutes with a 220 grade sand paper sheet. I can't believe I've been sanding by hand all these years.
aeoliah View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aeoliah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/07/2007 at 11:14pm
Can you please post the picture of your sander ? Thank you.
Regarding your picture of KC, where does the black smear on the right side comes from ? Does it come from the carbon ply ?
Member of the Single Ply Hinoki Club
Viscaria Super ALC C-Pen
Rasanter C48

tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/08/2007 at 12:01am
The sanders at work. It's not the orbital kind or the belt kind. It's the other kind! About the black smear . . . I'm worried it's a thin part of the wood where the carbon is exposed. I thought it was an area where the coating was deep into the woodgrain, but . . . maybe hand sanding would be safer, but . . . well actually . . . it looks like a factory defect because the blade is level and flat. I think the wood was thin in that area and the coating covered it. It's like putting carpet over a rotten floor. I'll finish sealing and play with it. It's not going to be a collectable anyway so I'll beat it up and hopefully win some games. Maybe the exposed carbon area will be a new sweet spot. LOL!!!! weeoooo crash and burn and burn and burn.
thethinker View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thethinker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/08/2007 at 1:07am
I don't even need sanding/sander to remove some of the silver paint on my KC (just a little test that I did).
tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/08/2007 at 1:09am
Mine had a VERY thick coat of it. When I was finished I had a handful of silver goo. I think they had to cover an uneven woodply. Bastards!! Anyway, I'll use it and beat on it. I traded for this one so I don't mind. Maybe it cost me about $70 in goods, not $200.

weeoooo
jinhocha View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jinhocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/08/2007 at 5:32pm
ha....very nice
jinhocha
theman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/09/2007 at 5:04am
awesome tommy... always the man at hand
i lost my racquet

Schlager u beast

http://www.youtube.com/MDSguy

Jolan View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jolan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/09/2007 at 6:41am
Tommyzai, do you realize you've just transformed a 200$ blade (KC) into a 150$ blade (ishlion)...Spending 70$ in goods and hours of hard working. Sorry to break your enthousiasm, but I'm not sure you did a worthy job there...Unless you had fun. Fun is priceless...
Joola Wyzaryz Freeze
Vega pro 2.0mm
Vega intro 2.0mm
Blade collection : https://photos.app.goo.gl/PrgCu5ib5RnhVXTn9
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pingpongrob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/09/2007 at 6:53am
Tommy, I think that your blade is worthless now, You went to far in one corner, and now the top layer is not even and continues, making it illegal.

Sorry mate.

M.Keyshot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M.Keyshot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/09/2007 at 8:23am

1stly: Kudos to tommyzai for spending the effort to remove that silver crap off a genuinely good blade. If you have the skills and dont excessively sand you will have a excellent blade + the handle looks way sexier than the ishlion.

2ndly @ Pingpongrob

Not very nice to shoot him down like that. I think your shop is worthless and you've gone too far with Dawei making yourself hated.

Sorry mate.
Cermet2.1mm/Bryce1.9mm/Keyshot FL
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pingpongrob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/09/2007 at 8:25am
Originally posted by M.Keyshot M.Keyshot wrote:

1stly: Kudos to tommyzai for spending the effort to remove that silver crap off a genuinely good blade. If you have the skills and dont excessively sand you will have a excellent blade + the handle looks way sexier than the ishlion.

2ndly @ Pingpongrob

Not very nice to shoot him down like that. I think your shop is worthless and you've gone too far with Dawei making yourself hated.

Sorry mate.

Tommy, I wasn't having a go at you, you should be proud of the hard work you've done, and the fact that you showed us that it can be done. WELL DONE MATE.

As for You M.Keyshot, what a clown, coming up with comments like that, your no better than Super user JCDI.   What the hell are you talking about, I haven't shot Tommy down, just stating a fact.

And who are you to say I'm Hated, What have I ever done to you or anyone else to deserve that comment.

And what do you mean gone to far with dawei, its just another product.
What are you affraid of, my quality service, my excellant prices, my quick delivery, my large range. Go on if your man enough, why dont we have a debate about those issue's

Dont tell me you belong to that fan club as well.

If you want to have a go at me, well do it properly in the right thread, I will shoot you down in Flames, because you know nothing about what your talking about. GO AHEAD MAKE MY DAYLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL

LachlanTan View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LachlanTan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/09/2007 at 8:57am
Please DO NOT abuse other users on this forum and especially their personal property. This is a place for discussion, and not insultment
tiehwen View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiehwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/09/2007 at 10:48am
I dun think it's necessary to have a go @ pingpongrob like that in "public", It serves no purpose n it'd be nice to keep things like that in Private Messages.
This is a place for suggestions, sales, trades, discussions, ideas n etc etc. but not personal attacks/insults.
Just my $0.02.
T h e N A M View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T  h  e  N  A M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/09/2007 at 11:34am
Originally posted by jcdi jcdi wrote:

Tommyzai, do you realize you've just transformed a 200$ blade (KC) into a 150$ blade (ishlion)...Spending 70$ in goods and hours of hard working. Sorry to break your enthousiasm, but I'm not sure you did a worthy job there...Unless you had fun. Fun is priceless...

i'm pretty sure you haven't used KC and ishlion...

they are totally different blade...

they have used same materials on the blade,

but its thickness is lot different...

Jolan View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jolan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/09/2007 at 11:46am
Well, I must confess you are right. I only have tested a KC for one training session. Very few here in France have this Ishlion and I haven't met any of them. I just reported what I've red on TT forums saying they were similar except for the silver coating. In what do they differ appart thickness ? Do they behave differently ? Pls adv.
Joola Wyzaryz Freeze
Vega pro 2.0mm
Vega intro 2.0mm
Blade collection : https://photos.app.goo.gl/PrgCu5ib5RnhVXTn9
T h e N A M View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T  h  e  N  A M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/09/2007 at 11:56am

ishlion's thickenss of hinoki is thiner than KC, and the carbon is more close to the surface of the blade (top layer)... plus.. it feels lot harder than KC...

creeder06 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote creeder06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/09/2007 at 12:17pm
you need to post some pics of your legalized version of this blade.
if table tennis is to sports, what star wars is to movies, then you must be chewbacca.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic