Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - The thrilling journey of the retrieved/Modified KC
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

The thrilling journey of the retrieved/Modified KC

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 31>
Author
Jolan View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jolan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The thrilling journey of the retrieved/Modified KC
    Posted: 10/10/2007 at 5:09am
Hi all. For those who are not yet aware about this idea, I suggest you to have a look on the previous topic : http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=13723&PN=1  

Kreanga Carbon Legal Modification

Tommyzai had a great idea about sending his modified KC to some forum members in order them to have a try. I've added few tips and he agreed.
The basic idea is to make this blade travel around the world and forum members. They will keep it one week or two, test it, dress it with different rubbers and then report back to the forum describing how it performed possibly with photos. I have no idea how long this journey will last but at the end the blade shall return to Tommyzai (possibly with no ding...). The blade will then become the legendary modified KC and will have gained an unestimable value.
I suggest every one interrested to register here giving their pseudo and home country. Maybe we should manage to keep it in one country/continent for a while in order to reduce the postage fee then move it from east to west or viceversa. Tommyzai, it's up to you, to the east or to the west. Since you are from USA, should we start by your country ?
Pls feel free to add any idea in order to improve this game.

I'm proud to be applicant n�1 : jcdi , country : France.
Joola Wyzaryz Freeze
Vega pro 2.0mm
Vega intro 2.0mm
Blade collection : https://photos.app.goo.gl/PrgCu5ib5RnhVXTn9
Sponsored Links

T h e N A M View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T  h  e  N  A M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/10/2007 at 5:18am
eh...

i'm in...

but why can't we just use previous topic..?
Jolan View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jolan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/10/2007 at 5:25am
Because it might be a VERY long thread and I felt it deserved it's own topic.
Joola Wyzaryz Freeze
Vega pro 2.0mm
Vega intro 2.0mm
theman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/10/2007 at 5:42am
im in, australia is VERY reliable country, postage wise and democracy wise
i lost my racquet

Schlager u beast

http://www.youtube.com/MDSguy

Jolan View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jolan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/10/2007 at 5:46am
Tongue I've been to a place in Australia, long long time ago, which was called Wiseman River. Was beautiful, peaceful and...wise.
Joola Wyzaryz Freeze
Vega pro 2.0mm
Vega intro 2.0mm
LachlanTan View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LachlanTan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/10/2007 at 5:58am
Is it ok if myself and my coach test it in Australia?
theman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/10/2007 at 6:27am
u got a coach?!?!?!?!?!?
i lost my racquet

Schlager u beast

LachlanTan View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LachlanTan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/10/2007 at 6:30am
...as in the coach that teaches me how to play at the club
T h e N A M View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T  h  e  N  A M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/10/2007 at 7:01am
i need a coach..
theman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/10/2007 at 7:05am
the nam can i  c a video of u playiing? im curious cause u play both pen and shake
i lost my racquet

Schlager u beast

gekogark1212 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gekogark1212 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/10/2007 at 9:17am
So has anyone actually tried playing with the sanded KC yet? I suspect a slower, softer blade that won't be much special :S
(\__/)

(='.'=) But there's no sense crying over every mistake,

(")_(") You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.
aeoliah View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aeoliah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/10/2007 at 10:48pm
My worry is : what if by accident someone hits the table and damages the blade ? Or am I worrying too much ?
Member of the Single Ply Hinoki Club
Viscaria Super ALC C-Pen
Rasanter C48

BobTheBuilder View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BobTheBuilder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/10/2007 at 11:33pm
Originally posted by aeoliah aeoliah wrote:

My worry is : what if by accident someone hits the table and damages the blade ? Or am I worrying too much ?

the blade's already mutilated (from what it was originally). And Tommy should already know what risks he's running if he's willing to have it sent around the world.

I'd like to help on this endeavour of yours tommy, but sadly i'm a holder of the pen.
Yasaka Extra Offensive C-Pen

FH: TG2 Neo Black

BH: Focus III Snipe Red
tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/11/2007 at 12:39pm
Oh my, "mutilated!" Well, it's been transformed, but it's not that bad. :-). I understand the risks, but I'm confident things will be okay. I think it will be fun . . . they'll be lots of signitures and this blade will circle the globe. Let's do our best to mail it to the far reaches . . . even New Jersey. LOL.
For More Info, PM or Email me: [email protected]
Wawaicetea123 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wawaicetea123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/11/2007 at 5:05pm
wait your trying to tell me that your gonna send a 200 doller blade around the world and hope that ther is no dings or that no one takes it? who really cares that much if the blade dosnt have "silver" outer ply anymore? i dont understand what everyone sees in this blade.
Kreanga Aeros ST
FH: Tenergy 05 Red 2.1
BH: Flarestorm II Black 2.1
firetack View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote firetack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/11/2007 at 5:14pm
partypooper
Black Balsa 3.0 fh/tenergy 05 1.9 388d ox

der_RenTneR View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote der_RenTneR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/11/2007 at 5:19pm
the sheer fact, that the blade has to be changed/modified to still be legal, is fair enough i think.
besides why not do something special. if everyone just did nothing, then nothing would happen...

no pain no gain ( = no risk no fun)
BTY Korbel Off
vh: sriver L 2.1 black
bh: sriver L 2.1 red
tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/11/2007 at 5:27pm
I took a useless blade and turned it into something fun. That's good enough for me. I don't mind if it gets dings and dents and I don't think anyone will steal it. Hey, we're talking about us, right? I expect to get this blade back several months from now with lots of signitures on it, proud that I had this crazy idea. Plus, we'll be chatting about this world traveler along the way. It doesn't matter if it's good or bad . . . it's about the journey. It's money well spent.
tiehwen View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiehwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/11/2007 at 5:48pm
Originally posted by firetack firetack wrote:

partypooper
Yeah..he is, isn't he? At least Tzai initiated this crazy but do-able undertaking. Whoever accepts this blade or challenge should do the right thing and be responsible to, sort of, take reasonably good care of it when testing/playing it. I'dn't mind to be the last of the lasts to have a go @ it but I already have too many blades to test/play. I'll wait n see....
aeoliah View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aeoliah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/11/2007 at 9:05pm
Originally posted by tommyzai tommyzai wrote:

I took a useless blade and turned it into something fun. That's good enough for me. I don't mind if it gets dings and dents and I don't think anyone will steal it. Hey, we're talking about us, right? I expect to get this blade back several months from now with lots of signitures on it, proud that I had this crazy idea. Plus, we'll be chatting about this world traveler along the way. It doesn't matter if it's good or bad . . . it's about the journey. It's money well spent.

BRAVO !!Thumbs%20Up  Well spoken.
Member of the Single Ply Hinoki Club
Viscaria Super ALC C-Pen
Rasanter C48

tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/11/2007 at 11:05pm
The journey begins Monday!!!
theman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/12/2007 at 11:24am
ok guys, im in, shipping lol yeeehaw!!!!!! i wanna take pictures with it
i lost my racquet

Schlager u beast

tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/15/2007 at 8:57pm
The blade is being packed for shipping to HOOKSHOT. Tomorrow at 12noon Pacific begins the journey!
Hookshot View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hookshot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/15/2007 at 9:17pm
I am waiting at the mail box!!!!!Thumbs%20Up
masterbuten View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote masterbuten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/15/2007 at 9:38pm
how do you sign up? :D

boston, ma!
Stiga OC CR
FH DHS TG2
BH DHS TG3
tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/15/2007 at 9:46pm
I'll create a list later tonight and we'll take it from there. Don't worry it's going EVERYWHERE and to anyone who wants a go!!! Please remember, it's an honor thing. The only way this will work is if we are all committed to making this a cool experience.
Hookshot View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hookshot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/16/2007 at 1:28am
Hey Tommy,
     Do you think most people realize this is a "Seemiller blade"? Might not work as well for them,,,,Big%20smile

tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/16/2007 at 1:40am
Let the journey begin. It's on the way!!! Here are the first pics of the journey:

20071017_003907_Kreanga-FH.gif

20071017_003930_Kreanga-BH.gif
tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/17/2007 at 12:50am
Five Rules:

1. Sign the blade with a permanent marker.
2. Take a pic to post.
3. Put your favorite rubbers on it and have fun for . . . how about a week?
4. Give us a mini review of your experience with the blade.
5. Do your best to safely get it to the next player. Arrange by PM or Email to get the correct current address and be sure they are in!

Important! You are NOT going to be held responsible if it gets some dings and dents, but if someone breaks the chain and this blade doesn't make a full circle back to me that would be sad. We have an opportunity to do a really cool thing. Let's do it!!! At the end of the journey I'd be happy to sell it cheaply to whoever wants it. If there are more than one we'll do some kind of lottery thing or something.

The list:

1. tommyzai/Santa Barbara, CA USA
2. hookshot/Secret Destination USA played+signed+reviewed
3. masterbuten/Boston MA USA now playing
4. GenomicsKnight/Boston MA USA next
5. wawaicetea123/PA USA
6. T h e N A M/Fort Worth, TX USA
8. micloi/UK
9. jcdi/France
10. der_RenTneR/Germany
11. master-pong/Europe
12. tiehwen/Canada
13. theman/Australia
14. LachlanTan+Coach/Australia
15. gekogark1212/Australia
16. seahorse/Australia
17. jimt/Boston area/USA
18. gene/Kansas, USA

Did I leave anyone out?
master-pong View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote master-pong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/17/2007 at 6:26am
Can I fit in to your list as well? I'm in Europe, So I can take it from either Tiehwen, firetack, jcdi or Der_RenTner. I can do a photoshoot with the blade if you like.
Some examples of my 'work' can be seen in the Post pics of your blade topic (or w/e it's called).
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 31>
  Share Topic