Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - The thrilling journey of the retrieved/Modified KC
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The thrilling journey of the retrieved/Modified KC

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 31>
Author
tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/01/2007 at 11:44am
I heard a rumor that masterbuten just got it!!!
For More Info, PM or Email me: [email protected]
Sponsored Links

masterbuten View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote masterbuten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/01/2007 at 12:10pm
yup got it alright and will hopefully be testing it out by fridayThumbs%20Up
Stiga OC CR
FH DHS TG2
BH DHS TG3
tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/01/2007 at 12:31pm
Remember to sign it with a permanent marker.
tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/06/2007 at 12:24am
masterbuten, how did it go?
Please remember to sign, play, take pic is possible, review, and send to: GenomicsKnight/Boston MA USA.
T h e N A M View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T  h  e  N  A M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/06/2007 at 1:38am
when is my turn? :O
aeoliah View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aeoliah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/06/2007 at 1:41am
Tommy, did you specify how big the signature should be ? It has to be small, otherwise there will be no space for the next person to sign.
Member of the Single Ply Hinoki Club
Viscaria Super ALC C-Pen
Rasanter C48

Hookshot View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hookshot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/06/2007 at 2:58am
My signature and Tommys should give a good idea for the size of the sig. Please try to keep it similar and we have room for LOTS!!!Smile

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote masterbuten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/06/2007 at 3:13am
hi all!

i should be able to send the kc to GenomicsKnigh by the end of the week. i only get to play on weekends and i wasn't able to try it on friday because of really pressing schoolwork deadlines T_T  i am really sorry for the delay this might have caused

the kc had a really nice finish though, never saw such a shiny surface on a sealed blade. but then again, i never really get to see that many sealed blades.. however the sleek sealing makes me wonder what effects it might have had on the blade's properties

as suggested by hookshot, i tried to bounce the ball on the bare blade and i found exactly the same thing: a huge difference from the center to the edge.  bouncing the ball on the blade alone can tell that it really is a fast blade; however the ball dies almost instantly once you stray from the small sweet spot

again, sorry for the delay; i will post more reviews and pictures when i have completed my evaluation

thanks!!
Stiga OC CR
FH DHS TG2
BH DHS TG3
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/06/2007 at 11:34am
So where are the new and improved pics, guys?

I guess I missed my chance to get in the queue at a proper time seeing as how the blade is leaving my Boston neighborhood... well, till next time then.
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member

Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...
tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/06/2007 at 12:24pm
masterbuten: please play with the KC before sending. We can wait a few more days.
The Nam: You're #6 and we're on #3. You should have it within a month. Are you okay with shipping to UK? I had to make some adjustments for an injured member.
Jim T: I'll add you to the list for the return to the USA.
Size of Sig: Use Hookshot's example as a rough guide.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote masterbuten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/10/2007 at 12:21pm
the legendary kc is on its way to number #3: GenomicsKnight!
will post pictures and reviews later! Thumbs%20Up
Stiga OC CR
FH DHS TG2
BH DHS TG3
Hookshot View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hookshot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/10/2007 at 7:24pm
Message from Tommyzai;
     "Although I am on extended vacation from this Forum, I will stay connected to my Kreanga buddies and enjoy the extraordinary journey with you all. It is my hope I will get the blade back months from now, in time for me to bring to China whereby I will have at least one of the top ten players in the world sign the legendary KC. I am very proud of us all for doing this. I hope you are enjoying the journey as much as me. If you like to get in touch with me, please PM me. I can give you my personel E-Mail via PM. Please continue to coordinate with the next on the list amd remember to enjoy playing, sign it, take a pic with it and review.
     Bon Voyage!!
                          Tommyzai".  
GenomicsKnight View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GenomicsKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/14/2007 at 3:53pm
It will be very cool if this blade is signed by one of top 10 world class players.  Thumbs%20Up

I just got the blade yesterday from masterbuten and I will glue it up and try it for next few days.  So it looks like wawaicetea123 is next stop in the queue.  wawaicetea123, can you PM me your mailing address so I can send the blade your way sometime next week?
DjdaForrce View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DjdaForrce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/14/2007 at 5:44pm
KC is the Blast for sure.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GenomicsKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/17/2007 at 12:34am
It looks wawaicetea123 is not interested in trying out Tommy's modified KC, as I haven't heard back from him.  Therefore I will pass it on to the next person on the list which is T h e N A M, so we can keep the ball rolling.
tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/17/2007 at 12:42am
Great coordination so far. Sorry WaWa isn't available to try it out!!
On to THE NAM.
GenomicsKnight, please remember to sign, review, and take pics if you can.
Thanks for being a part of this!!
Tz
theman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/17/2007 at 12:55am
TOMMMY~!!!!! UR BACK!!!!!
i lost my racquet

Schlager u beast

http://www.youtube.com/MDSguy

gekogark1212 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gekogark1212 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/17/2007 at 2:49am
Hey guys I will be training in Hong Kong for 3 months, so when theman has finished trying it and I still haven't returned, feel free to by-pass me to keep the journey as smooth as possible.

Gark
(\__/)

(='.'=) But there's no sense crying over every mistake,

(")_(") You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.
micloi View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote micloi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/17/2007 at 9:22am
Make sure you get it to me as soon as possible as I will be on holiday from Dec 7th until Jan 9th.

I will be going to LA to get some training by Grace Lin and Tawny Bahn and then to Las Vegas to watch the US nationals!
BLADE
Nittaku Violin J-Pen round head
FOREHAND:
-2.0mm Dr. Neubauer Pistol Short Pips
BACKHAND:
-Friendship 837 OX Long Pips
aeoliah View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aeoliah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/17/2007 at 9:51pm
Lucky you ! My compliments Thumbs%20Up
Member of the Single Ply Hinoki Club
Viscaria Super ALC C-Pen
Rasanter C48

micloi View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote micloi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/17/2007 at 10:17pm
Originally posted by aeoliah aeoliah wrote:

Lucky you ! My compliments Thumbs%20Up

Yes, I know I have been very lucky to be able to get some lessons from such great players and coaches (especially as I am an average player myself !!!).
BLADE
Nittaku Violin J-Pen round head
FOREHAND:
-2.0mm Dr. Neubauer Pistol Short Pips
BACKHAND:
-Friendship 837 OX Long Pips
tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/20/2007 at 7:24pm
Where are we at with the journey, review, pics, and signatures? :-).
Any update?
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/20/2007 at 7:32pm
Tommy,

any chance you will at some point start another quest with some other good OFF+ blade? I've been dying to try some but they are all so darn expensive... You could do a quick one, for the US-48 only, for example... just an idea.

tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/20/2007 at 7:37pm
Jim, if the KC journey is successful I would definitely consider letting an Acoustic, Violin, Schlager, or Gergely-21 go for a ride!!!
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/20/2007 at 7:41pm
Superb! any one of those would be a pleasure to try.

tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/24/2007 at 1:38am
Hey, where are we at with the blade. Any reports or sightings?
Kopenhagen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kopenhagen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/24/2007 at 1:45am
I dunno where the list is, but I would like to give it a try for sure!
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GenomicsKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/24/2007 at 2:02am
Originally posted by tommyzai tommyzai wrote:

Hey, where are we at with the blade. Any reports or sightings?

Didn't hear anything from wawaicetea123, so the blade will go to T h e N A M now.  I am planning to mail it out first thing Monday morning.  I will put up the pictures and my review next week.  Still trying to digest all that food I ate...
tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/24/2007 at 2:04am
Cool!! I look forward to the review, pics, etc. Rock on!!!
T h e N A M View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T  h  e  N  A M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/24/2007 at 2:13am
:D
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 31>
  Share Topic