FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Xiom Control ALL+ review

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
alfie View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alfie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Xiom Control ALL+ review
    Posted: 10/13/2007 at 8:45pm
some call this blade control all+ some call it control 3 same blade.
               aramid /carbon vs arylate/carbon: this balde is aramid/carbon and I have tried 2 bty arylate/carbon blades TBS and KHLS the control of this blade is far superior compared to the bty blades especially against your opponents attacks and also in the short game as your pushes can be placed wherever you want them,the aramid absorbs your opponents power on hard shots and also is not very bouncy on touch shots.
                   It is a little slower than arylate/carbon blades when you attack but still fairly fast,I believe Xiom rated this blade wrong I think it is for sure an OFF rated blade faster than Korbel but slower than Bty A/C blades.
             The blade is good close to the table and at mid distance and can also get you back in the point far away from the table but best within 6 feet of the table,good for looping backspin and topsin,good dwell time and very good for blocking.
     The construction and materials are as good as any blade I have used it has a very nice thick hinoki top ply that was as nice as any of the darker hinoki I have seen,some people may not like the handle as it's a bit thin but it's fine for me as my hand is not huge but I could imagine people with big hands may not like it.
        This blades best assetts are that it seems very good with any rubber I tried from very soft to hard chinese rubbers,it is great at controling your opponents agressive shots as the aramid absorbs some of the energy and gives you control also it's very good in the short game as you are able to keep pushes short and low.
         The only time you feel like you are playing with a fairly fast blade is when you are attacking and you can see the ball travels at good speed, any other aspect of the game is all very well controlled

Here is a very good place to buy Xiom Blades,best prices I have seen on the web

Blade Xiom Control 3/ALL+
BH Andro impuls speed
FH H3 Provincial
Tibhar CTE
Sponsored Links

aeoliah View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aeoliah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/13/2007 at 11:08pm
How about the feel ? I don't like Bty A/C for the lack of feel, and I wonder if aramid will react differently compared to arylate.
Member of the Single Ply Hinoki Club
Viscaria Super ALC C-Pen
Rasanter C48

theman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/13/2007 at 11:26pm
just get an all wood blade
i lost my racquet

Schlager u beast

http://www.youtube.com/MDSguy

alfie View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alfie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/14/2007 at 12:37am
unless you have tried an Aramid/Carbon blade you will never know,it's totally different to Arylate/Carbon.
     If you have very high skills and a great touch the Arylate/Carbon will probably be better for you,otherwise use all wood or Aramid/Carbon.
           I feel the Control 3 has the control and feel of a wood blade but the power of a slower carbon blade when you attack
BH Andro impuls speed
FH H3 Provincial
Tibhar CTE
aeoliah View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aeoliah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/14/2007 at 12:50am
Thank you, this is good information for me for future reference.
Viscaria Super ALC C-Pen
Rasanter C48

tiehwen View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiehwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/14/2007 at 1:42am
So, Would it be fair to classify/rank/rate this Aramid Carbon blade within the rest of blades like so?
Zylon Carbon > Pure Carbon > Arylate/Carbon > Arylate > Aramid Carbon > 7 ply Allwood > 5 ply Allwood.
Wawaicetea123 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wawaicetea123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/14/2007 at 1:45am
i heard zylon was softer than pure carbon
Kreanga Aeros ST
FH: Tenergy 05 Red 2.1
BH: Flarestorm II Black 2.1
alfie View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alfie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/14/2007 at 11:29am
tiehwen  hard to say as it seems a different blade when you attack vs when someone is attacking you as well as short game.
          I think your chart maybe right for when you attack but for the short game the Aramid/Carbon is as good as all wood blade or better.
                 Note: the blade I have is 'probably' one of the slower aramid/carbon blades out there but it just seems like your playing with 2 different blades
BH Andro impuls speed
FH H3 Provincial
Tibhar CTE
patrick1v View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patrick1v Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/14/2007 at 11:39am
i would say Aramid carbon blades are very close to wood blades in feeling, touch and control but with a larger sweet spot.as i am currently using the Carbo-aramid kinetic by Andro. best blade i have ever used
pingpongrob View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pingpongrob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/14/2007 at 6:54pm
Originally posted by patrick1v patrick1v wrote:

i would say Aramid carbon blades are very close to wood blades in feeling, touch and control but with a larger sweet spot.as i am currently using the Carbo-aramid kinetic by Andro. best blade i have ever used

I have used that blades extensively, very good feeling. What sort of rubbers do you use on yours.
Distributor for Andro, XIOM, Tibhar, Joola, Dr Neubauer, Donic, DHS, AIR, Dawei, 729 & Yinhe

http://www.affordablett.com.au
tiehwen View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiehwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/14/2007 at 8:29pm

Man...u guys r just No good...1st that Xiom Maximus OFF ST (73.95 US) got me so focused, now this Xiom Kiso Hinoki Aramid Carbon Control 3 (104.16 US, Steep!) n later I browsed around @ http://www.affordablett.com.au/ n saw that Xiom AMADEUS OFF Kiso Hinoki (65.25 US, Thumbs%20Up)....Ermmmmm...U know what I'm thinking...?

patrick1v View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patrick1v Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/14/2007 at 9:03pm
stiga neos sound but switching to neos sound synergy tech soon
patrick1v View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patrick1v Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/14/2007 at 9:05pm
hey tiehwen i think carbon-aramid gives the best feeling of any of these artificial fibers alone or combined
aeoliah View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aeoliah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/14/2007 at 9:21pm
Originally posted by tiehwen tiehwen wrote:

Man...u guys r just No good...1st that Xiom Maximus OFF ST (73.95 US) got me so focused, now this Xiom Kiso Hinoki Aramid Carbon Control 3 (104.16 US, Steep!) n later I browsed around @ http://www.affordablett.com.au/ n saw that Xiom AMADEUS OFF Kiso Hinoki (65.25 US, Thumbs%20Up)....Ermmmmm...U know what I'm thinking...?

I know that you are getting weaker and weaker because the temptations are getting more and more Wink (just like me though ...)
Viscaria Super ALC C-Pen
Rasanter C48

alfie View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alfie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/14/2007 at 9:24pm
If Timo or Kreanga played with aramid/carbon blades the whole world would know how good they are.
       Patrick......maybe we should keep quiet:-)
BH Andro impuls speed
FH H3 Provincial
Tibhar CTE
tiehwen View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiehwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/14/2007 at 9:31pm

@ Aeoliah, word of comfort for u, they DO come with Cpens aside from their chubby jpen distant cousins, so u r not that SAFE yet.

@Alfie, it's mostly ur faults! The only thing stopS me from laying my hands on that Control 3 is its price BUT the temptation has just prompted me to go look 4 greener pastures @ http://www.akkadi.net/, u know what I found? I think they r cheaper n I'll email them in just a moment.
aeoliah View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aeoliah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/14/2007 at 9:53pm
Tiehwen, Requiem and Bolero has a low dwell time (2) compared with single ply hinoki like RSM (5). What do you think about this ?
Viscaria Super ALC C-Pen
Rasanter C48

tiehwen View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiehwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/14/2007 at 11:03pm

I prefer, @ least on paper/from chart or graph, Bolero. It seems to be lighter, thinner, a bit more dwell time, more control.

patrick1v View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patrick1v Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/15/2007 at 2:27pm
hey alfie,  arylate and aramid are very similar, with i think aramid been a bit softer. Timo Boll spirit!: does this ring a bell, and btw what does this have to do with timo boll and kreanga did not see their name mentioned above a little less sarcasm please.i just gave my own opinion which was not based on any scientific facts
dauntless View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dauntless Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/15/2007 at 2:57pm
So I was wondering if you could compare the Control 3 to these blades if you have tried them:

Dawei Wavestone
Darker 7p-2a
Primorac OFF-
Galaxy 896
Xiom Maximus OFF
Stiga Offensive CR (No WRB)

1. BTY Primorac, Nittaku H3N, T64 2. BTY Primorac, H3N, Mendo MP Feedback
alfie View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alfie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/15/2007 at 3:25pm
Originally posted by patrick1v patrick1v wrote:

hey alfie,  arylate and aramid are very similar, with i think aramid been a bit softer. Timo Boll spirit!: does this ring a bell, and btw what does this have to do with timo boll and kreanga did not see their name mentioned above a little less sarcasm please.i just gave my own opinion which was not based on any scientific facts

No sarcasm at all maybe you should read the thread in future instead of bit's of it
BH Andro impuls speed
FH H3 Provincial
Tibhar CTE
tiehwen View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiehwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/15/2007 at 3:37pm

Xiom "Control 3" vs "maximus OFF" vs "Amedeus OFF".

speaquinox View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speaquinox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/15/2007 at 4:24pm
If Xiom really mismarked this blade as  ALL+ instead of OFF is the OFF marked version feels like OFF+ or smthin like that ? Also I really wonder how Control 3/2/1 may play with H3 or similiar rubbers. If it's that soft, result can be quite good. I do like my Energy WRB but something as soft and faster would be nice. BTW, cool looking products.

Innerforce ALC, Glayzer / Rozena
alfie View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alfie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/15/2007 at 4:33pm
Originally posted by speaquinox speaquinox wrote:

If Xiom really mismarked this blade as  ALL+ instead of OFF is the OFF marked version feels like OFF+ or smthin like that ? Also I really wonder how Control 3/2/1 may play with H3 or similiar rubbers. If it's that soft, result can be quite good. I do like my Energy WRB but something as soft and faster would be nice. BTW, cool looking products.

I don't know not tried the others but the control OFF- is 7mm and the OFF is 7.5mm thick,I know for sure it's a bit faster than the Maximus OFF as I have both
BH Andro impuls speed
FH H3 Provincial
Tibhar CTE
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic