tabletennis11.com
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General

((Welcome Forums))

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 10>
Author
Ekrips View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ekrips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ((Welcome Forums))
    Posted: 02/08/2005 at 9:26pm

Hey all! this topic is for all the new comers to post there hello's and information about them selves or just everything it dont really matter if you were already here just post your information its good to have a welcome forum. 

At the clubs you guys play at or teams suggest this site to them lets get this site big for all tt players  it would help alot, if we had alot of people here. Please suggest. anyways go ahead and post your hi's new comers. dont skip this

(Blade): Avalox Blue Thunder 777
(Black Side): Sriver FX
(Red Side): Avalox Pronte
[IMG]http://www.pingpang.info/images/equipments/avalox/a555.jpg">

Double Helix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Helix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/08/2005 at 9:40pm
i was thinking making a new section called the welcome forums :P
Primorac-FL
Sriver-EL
Bryce

Might change to chinese rubber on forehand
wisdom1962tr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wisdom1962tr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/11/2005 at 5:25am

Hi,

I'm looking for practical course about Table Tennis for one or two months. and that place must suitable for stay there. I'm living in Turkey (İstanbul). However, I want to improve english language at the same time. It may be a holiday for me.. I'm waiting your advising. Thanks...

Cyberswordsman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cyberswordsman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/11/2005 at 11:55am
Originally posted by wisdom1962tr wisdom1962tr wrote:

Hi,

I'm looking for practical course about Table Tennis for one or two months. and that place must suitable for stay there. I'm living in Turkey (İstanbul). However, I want to improve english language at the same time. It may be a holiday for me.. I'm waiting your advising. Thanks...

hey dude:

i live in vancouver british columbia..just 3 minutes from one of the best table tennis clubs in north america...my wife and i also currently accept homestay students as we have two extra rooms available...she loves to cook and i love to play table tennis and teach english...one of the conditions for homestay *parents* is that English is spoken in the house and that the students eat at least one meal with the *parents* (to facilitate the learning of the English language)...

i also have a private training centre on my property with a high end table and robo pong....

e-mail me if you want to pursue this:

regards
rick anderson
www.vancouversbestpainters.com
www.cyberswordsman.com
Act is the blossom of thought and joy and suffering are its fruits; thus do we all garner in the sweet and bitter fruitage of our own planting.
Cyberswordsman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cyberswordsman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/11/2005 at 11:57am
Originally posted by wisdom1962tr wisdom1962tr wrote:

Hi,

hey wisdom:

a more direct route:

rick@vancouversbestpainters.com

regards
Act is the blossom of thought and joy and suffering are its fruits; thus do we all garner in the sweet and bitter fruitage of our own planting.
Ekrips View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ekrips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/11/2005 at 4:37pm
Cyber im very impressed with your dedication good work.

tofu1888 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tofu1888 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/26/2005 at 6:33pm

Hi,

I am new to this forum and have just started into the game.  I am only a beginner and am looking to join a beginners club to improve my game. I live in London, UK.  Any suggestions or advice would be much appreciated. Thanks very much in advance.

Ekrips View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ekrips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/26/2005 at 7:56pm

thats goodd, just make a topic if you need some tips on playing

tofu1888 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tofu1888 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/27/2005 at 6:22am
Oh thanks.
Ekrips View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ekrips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/28/2005 at 7:14pm
No problem got some questions just make a new topic, or search for it first, you will get the things you need, its actaul better for the forum more discussion

londonletmedown View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote londonletmedown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/22/2005 at 1:57pm
alright, I guess this hasn't really caught on. I'm Luke, I live in the US. I've been playing for only 6 months or so, but a chinese player at my club told me that he thought I had "the touch" and that he expected great things from me. I'm 21 years old, and practice as much as I can. I love this forum.

Luke
Galaxy M6
Red Diamond 2.15
IQUL max
Ekrips View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ekrips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/22/2005 at 1:59pm
Originally posted by londonletmedown londonletmedown wrote:

alright, I guess this hasn't really caught on. I'm Luke, I live in the US. I've been playing for only 6 months or so, but a chinese player at my club told me that he thought I had "the touch" and that he expected great things from me. I'm 21 years old, and practice as much as I can. I love this forum.

Luke

Thanks for joining on man. Looks like you contribute alot.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote londonletmedown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/22/2005 at 6:38pm
Originally posted by Ekrips Ekrips wrote:

Originally posted by londonletmedown londonletmedown wrote:

Luke

Thanks for joining on man. Looks like you contribute alot.

Hey, no problem. I love this place. Where I am, no one really plays TT, so It was interesting for me to find a group of people that actually care about the sport.

By the way, how does that Avalox play?
Galaxy M6
Red Diamond 2.15
IQUL max
Ekrips View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ekrips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/23/2005 at 3:34am
Ah, the Avalox :D,
its great man, if your a heavy attacker, its HEAVY, and very fast, and its meant for a 3rd ball kill shot, IMO,
I usually kill the ball after i serve, gotta work consistency, :p

Ekrips View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ekrips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/23/2005 at 3:35am
Very good indeed, the Avalox, ah :D
Heavy, fast and a killer.
Good for third ball attacks, IMO.
I usually kill the ball on the 3rd hit, fast for rallies, but for topsin, its so-so.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote londonletmedown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/25/2005 at 3:25pm
Originally posted by Ekrips Ekrips wrote:

Very good indeed, the Avalox, ah :D
Heavy, fast and a killer.
Good for third ball attacks, IMO.
I usually kill the ball on the 3rd hit, fast for rallies, but for topsin, its so-so.

I see that you're very proud of your blade :)

Is the 729 Blue Thunder a completely different animal?

Luke
Galaxy M6
Red Diamond 2.15
IQUL max
katyacsinia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote katyacsinia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/27/2005 at 2:13pm
Hello friends.I'm from Roumania and first I want to know if someone like my country, was registered here.
Home, we have a site www.tenisdemasa.ro ,please enjoy...
Butterfly Schlager Carbon
FH:Yasaka XTend SG
BH:Tackifire Special Soft 2.1
filo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote filo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/27/2005 at 2:33pm
hallo katyacsinia

welcome
GantZ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GantZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/12/2005 at 1:24am

Hello everyone.  This is my first post on mytt.net, but i have been lurking the forums since probably around March this year.  I am currently 21 years old and attending Texas A&M Unversity as an undergraduate.  My major is Electrical Engineering ,and i hope to attain a bachelors degree for now.

I have been playing table tennis for about 8 months, but only consistantly for 4 months.  I am a chinese penholder with reverse backhand who started with some junk paddle from wal mart but bought a pre-assembled at zeropong to help my game grow.  There are ALOT of people who play ping pong the game, but only a few of them play table tennis over here.  Mostly, the Asians over here are very good, and i have trouble just returning their serve.  There is so much i would like to learn about the game and the technical aspects that come with penholder grip.  Since there is no coaching here, except for probably a sound beating, i will most likely try and post questions on this forum.

Some other things that are happening around here are to hopefully get a school club going and try and register for the NCTTA<-I think thats right.  One of my friends and semi-table tennis coach is handling the situation right now, and maybe this semester or next semester we can become recognized.

Lastly, I would like to thank everyone here for making this place such a great community and a place to share and learn information.  Maybe someday i will be able to contribute to the discussions and be able to help someone who is starting out like me. I wish everyone here to have an enjoyable holiday coming up, and that everyone will keep on hitting and never give up on such an amazing sport.         

omarwashington View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote omarwashington Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/12/2005 at 2:52am
Hello my name is Omar from Washington, hence the name omarwashington.  The club I play at is Washington Table Tennis Center, the director is Yiyong Fan.   I've been playing TT off and on for about acouple years. 
tatto View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tatto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/12/2005 at 4:12am

hi all does 1 can tell me who will win the german open protour now is it shlager or timo or samso or m.maze i think that is samso or timo and cause this tournament play in germany so timo will be the prince

i love table tennis
spinkiller View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spinkiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/15/2005 at 7:22pm

hello there! i'm just new here and just wonderin' if there are other members here who are filipinos. anyways, i love your site and keep it up!

Blade: DHS PF4-2 All-around
FH: Hallmark-Dr. Neubauer Super Special
BH: RITC 729-40S
please visit my site: ttp://www.freewebs.com/tataclaguna

also:
http://www.philtabletennis.com
Magichand View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magichand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/24/2006 at 3:35am
Hello. I am new to this forum. I have the impression that many inexperienced players are offering opinions about a whole range of things they know little or nothing about. Everyone has a right to their opinion, but at some point it just becomes a pooling of ignorance. Personally, I think that unless a player is quoting someone who is recognized as knowlegdeable, or has special insight as a player or coach they should probably refrain from answering peoples questions.

I believe US table tennis players are more heavily infuenced by the TT manufacturers'marketing campaigns than by actual knowledge of the sport. If you doubt me, just walk into ANY local club or tournament venue. Everyone is attired with designer warm-ups and shoes and towels and they have their late-model equipment glued up and ready to go and they look great - UNTIL THEY START TO PLAY! Try to find someone who can steadily put the ball in the same place 10, 20 or 30 times and you will be looking for a long time. This is conducive to bad practice which is conducive to bad technique which is conducive to bad game play. It is a shame.

The TT community needs to reject this Hollywood, glittery, superficial image concsiousness.    I think people need to stop worrying about looking good and start worrying about how to PLAY WELL - AND I DON'T MEAN WITH JUNK RUBBER! We must study the pros to learn what this sport is about, not pump our egos with superficial nonsense.

Does anyone agree with me?
Please share,
New member,
PK
car-guy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote car-guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/24/2006 at 11:08am
I agree with you 100%, Magichand
chops View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chops Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/24/2006 at 11:37am
Hi I'm coming from Denmark, I have made this profile because I like tabletennis and asking/answer questions.

My playing style is powerlooping.
alink91 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alink91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/24/2006 at 4:02pm

Originally posted by Magichand Magichand wrote:

Hello. I am new to this forum. I have the impression that many inexperienced players are offering opinions about a whole range of things they know little or nothing about. Everyone has a right to their opinion, but at some point it just becomes a pooling of ignorance. Personally, I think that unless a player is quoting someone who is recognized as knowlegdeable, or has special insight as a player or coach they should probably refrain from answering peoples questions.

I believe US table tennis players are more heavily infuenced by the TT manufacturers'marketing campaigns than by actual knowledge of the sport. If you doubt me, just walk into ANY local club or tournament venue. Everyone is attired with designer warm-ups and shoes and towels and they have their late-model equipment glued up and ready to go and they look great - UNTIL THEY START TO PLAY! Try to find someone who can steadily put the ball in the same place 10, 20 or 30 times and you will be looking for a long time. This is conducive to bad practice which is conducive to bad technique which is conducive to bad game play. It is a shame.

The TT community needs to reject this Hollywood, glittery, superficial image concsiousness.    I think people need to stop worrying about looking good and start worrying about how to PLAY WELL - AND I DON'T MEAN WITH JUNK RUBBER! We must study the pros to learn what this sport is about, not pump our egos with superficial nonsense.

Does anyone agree with me?
Please share,
New member,

I agree with your first point/paragraph

On you second point/paragraph your you say that US are too influenced by companies and that it effects there playing level in a negative way. In some ways I agree but mainly I disagree. There are some players at the 1000 level that start to use speed glue but more importantly, most poeple who glue are around 2200 which is considered a pretty high level for the US. There are people who play in the olympics who are lower than the 2200 level. There are people that are into TT clothing but thats actually a good thing. Not only does it make a phycological effect on the player giving the perception of greatness but its better for the economy and for the TT company. If everyone were like you, there would be no point in TT clothing and TT compaines would make less money. There is no harm in TT clothing. Furthermore not everyone is into TT clothing and stuff like that. I play at American clubs and not everyone is like that. If everyone were described to be as you were in USA everyone would have the paddle palace licence plate but I've only seen one car that has ever had that and to me thats bad beccuase when TT companies make more business TT becomes bigger and one way they get bigger is by selling things that people want such as clothing or license plates.

Third, why cant we pump ourselves with superficial nonsense? If it makes us play better it works. Just like gatorade, its no better than water but it makes us think that we have more energy thus making us play better. Then wahts wrong with junk rubber? Whats wrong with a chopper that attracts the audience? I can say STOP USING INVERTED RUBBERS and not support my statemnet. Plus, we dont need to study the pros in every aspect. According to TT world one of the three main differnces between us and pros is that we try to copy all of there techniques incorrectly. Some techniques are easy to learn such as a forehand drive but some we should be trying to learn such as how to lob.

Magichand View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magichand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/29/2006 at 12:27am
Hello sir, thank you for your reply to me.

I am compelled to respond to some things you said in
your reply that are simply NOT TRUE. Firstly, I never
said that designer sportswear and equipment MADE
people play bad. Expensive gear is not what makes a
good player good nor does it make a bad player bad.
My gripe is with bad players who are preoccupied with
looking good and not concerned about improving their
skill set. This is what I refer to as 'superficial
nonsense.'

Perhaps some minimal psychological advantage is
derived from "dressing to kill" but that doesn't
equip you to execute proper technique, footwork, shot
selection, ball placement or strategy. Just because
people 'feel' better doesn't mean they are better.
Watch people who wear toupees or dye their hair if you
want an example of how a person can look ridiculous to
everyone while feeling good about himself.

My point is that the EMPHASIS is in the wrong place
for most players. Don't you think the optimum
scenario would be to look good AND play well?
Stepping up to the table with that confidence would
give you a huge advantage, psychological and
otherwise.

P.S You said in your reply that Gatorade and water are
the same thing but produce different results in
people. Surely you don't mean this do you? The
ingredient list and nutritive value of both is readily
available via a Google search if you are interested in
a factual comparison.

Be well -
PK
alink91 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alink91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/29/2006 at 12:52pm

Originally posted by Magichand Magichand wrote:

Hello sir, thank you for your reply to me.

I am compelled to respond to some things you said in
your reply that are simply NOT TRUE. Firstly, I never
said that designer sportswear and equipment MADE
people play bad. Expensive gear is not what makes a
good player good nor does it make a bad player bad.
My gripe is with bad players who are preoccupied with
looking good and not concerned about improving their
skill set. This is what I refer to as 'superficial
nonsense.'

Perhaps some minimal psychological advantage is
derived from "dressing to kill" but that doesn't
equip you to execute proper technique, footwork, shot
selection, ball placement or strategy. Just because
people 'feel' better doesn't mean they are better.
Watch people who wear toupees or dye their hair if you
want an example of how a person can look ridiculous to
everyone while feeling good about himself.

My point is that the EMPHASIS is in the wrong place
for most players. Don't you think the optimum
scenario would be to look good AND play well?
Stepping up to the table with that confidence would
give you a huge advantage, psychological and
otherwise.

P.S You said in your reply that Gatorade and water are
the same thing but produce different results in
people. Surely you don't mean this do you? The
ingredient list and nutritive value of both is readily
available via a Google search if you are interested in
a factual comparison.

Be well -

I think i misunderstood you on something, ur talking about the possiblility and I'm talking about the assumption that ur possiblility is true. Ur assuming that people are buying cloths and not worrying about there technique which the chances of that are very small because I'm willing to bet that there isnt a single person in the entire USA that is a tt player that wants to improve and is so worried about there cloths that they forget there improvement.

About the gatorade, results show that energy wise, salt water and gatorade as the same because salt water has electolytes just as the gatordade does and in some cases the salt water can be more helpful depnding on how much salt you put in.

You're right that feeling better doesnt meant that ur playing better but generally speaking, when u feel better, u dont have an excuse, u can think better, and so forth and ur game will dramitically imporve for most people. Thats why the chinse national team hires phyciotrists to help out there athletes. Not ALL material will help but some things such as gatordade,clothing,new rubber, new shoes, and prixe money for winning might give make u better phycologically thus having a better chance of winning.

Haris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Haris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/08/2006 at 5:04pm

Hello guys,

I like the forum aloth. I joined the forum day or two ago and it is a great resource. I started playing ping pong when I was around 7-9 seriusly cant remember any more. Born in Bosnia and Herzegovina was fortunate that the sport in the Ex-Yugoslavia was well promoted and funded. We traveled aloth even as juniors and played against great clubs. That gave me great attitude toward the sport and I loved it since. I attended every Yugoslavian championship that where held in Zagreb at the time my best placement was around 27 in doubles. I realy was there for the fun and the girls even if I could have placed higher easy we goofed of to much IMO. Since I left Bosnia as a refugee I played in Germany for a while and then found new interest that got me away from Table Tennis for a while GIRL'S GIRL'S GILR'S damn puberty. Now after a long time I am starting back with the sport here in Salt Lake City, UTAH USA. We have one big gym with about 8 tables only thing is we meet once a week and that is insufficient for me to get back in shape.  I hope to be able to afford me a robot soon since the college is eating all my $$$$$ it may be a while. I was fortunate to have 2 trainers one offensive and one defensive chopping trainer. Those chopps helped me with getting a great forhand topspin or Loop that I can execute on almost any type of service as long it passes the table by 1". I probably play now about 40% what I was capable of but I hope I'l get into the grove soon.

Turned into quite a long post well nice meeting you all and good luck in the sport. 

Nice to meet you all.

3ageeb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3ageeb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/08/2006 at 7:15pm
hey alink i think we have new members that have some table tennis experience  can i know how long have u been playing tt ? haris and magichand

Ahmed Saleh-Best Player in Egypt
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 10>
  Share Topic