tabletennis11.com
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General

((Welcome Forums))

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 10>
Author
Barrow TTC View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barrow TTC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/28/2010 at 1:06pm
I'd just like to introduce ourselves. We are a British League team playing in the Premier Division (which we lead) and Division 2 North (also top). Amongst our squad are players Paul Drinkhall (England No. 1), Gavin Rumgay (Scotland No. 1) and Darius Knight (England No. 3). The team is coached by table tennis legend Denis Neale.

Barrow TTC can also be found online at the following sites:
JimT View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/28/2010 at 3:02pm
Originally posted by Barrow TTC Barrow TTC wrote:

I'd just like to introduce ourselves. We are a British League team playing in the Premier Division (which we lead) and Division 2 North (also top). Amongst our squad are players Paul Drinkhall (England No. 1), Gavin Rumgay (Scotland No. 1) and Darius Knight (England No. 3). The team is coached by table tennis legend Denis Neale.

Barrow TTC can also be found online at the following sites:

Welcome guys! Maybe some of your club members will share ideas, reviews etc with us - on coaching, equipment and many other things. If some of you plan to cross the pond and visit this is a great place to find out about the clubs in the US where you can hit with fellow TT enthusiasts. Happy New Year!
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member
Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...
Barrow TTC View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barrow TTC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/28/2010 at 5:09pm
Originally posted by JimT JimT wrote:

Welcome guys! Maybe some of your club members will share ideas, reviews etc with us - on coaching, equipment and many other things. If some of you plan to cross the pond and visit this is a great place to find out about the clubs in the US where you can hit with fellow TT enthusiasts. Happy New Year!

Thanks for the welcome Jim.

With a Canadian girlfriend (Toronto), I do get across the pond every now and then.
Mastah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mastah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/02/2011 at 11:01am
I'm new here... was searching for a clubs here in Hong Kong and this one was one of the sites that popped up.  I really want to play Table Tennis again after 15 years but I don't know someone to play with. And its really hard to find a Table Tennis Club here in HK. :(
tmes92279 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tmes92279 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/27/2011 at 2:24am
Can you help me how to post a new topic? Where can I put it?
Butterfly Bryce 2.1 mm red and black. Timo Boll Forte

redbaron990 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redbaron990 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/28/2011 at 6:02am
Hi i'm a new italian user, and i want to congratulate all of the people the partecipate to this wonderfull site and forum, i'm very happy to join this beautiful group.
Redbaron990
Blade: stiga allround wood nct
Backhand: stiga mendo 2mm
forehand: donic coppa jo platin
tomibraniste View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomibraniste Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/02/2011 at 4:38am
Hi everyone this is din from romania. Been playing ping pong for only 5 yrs still very much a newbie
ityw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ityw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/03/2011 at 9:34pm
I'm coming now! haha.....
Ilbarto View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ilbarto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/04/2011 at 2:49pm
Hello there! Last year I started playing after a 20 year break. So much has happended with the equipment, and MYTT have been very useful in my quest for the right tools :-)

Thank you for this magnificent site, hopefully I can contribute  and in time become a valued member.
Innerforce ZLC
FH: Omega4 pro & europe (max)
BH: T64 & T05 (1.9)
gsfwh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gsfwh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/11/2011 at 1:33am
Hi, I am newly registered from Hong Kong. I play table tennis with my family on weekends. Star
gnod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gnod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/13/2011 at 3:45am
up coming tournament here in jeddah saudi arabia please check this link thanks...http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=207402429284643&set=o.159074464135693&type=1&ref=nf
lets play pingpong
vargastanya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vargastanya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/20/2011 at 11:11pm
Hi guys! Im new in this forum.. Actually this is my first time joining a forum.. Just want to learn some techniques on Japanese Penhold.. Anyone interested in this too?
ShuTDowN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShuTDowN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/30/2011 at 1:24pm
hi guys im new into this forum and i love this sport im from philippines
PP View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/16/2011 at 3:30pm
Hi all,
I'm an old guy coming for an unknown country (table tennis speaking) Uruguay. A country with 4 clubs and no more than 200 players :)...i should said no more than 30-40 "professional "players.
I started playing 4 years ago, and of course search info surf on the web. And so many times this forum has helped me a lot in things like: equipment selection, posted videos, general info., technical discussions and also places to buy equipment as an  example Malaysia without your help I will never reach those places  :)

This page is a reference for me and I'm sure for a lot of unknown (non users) persons.

I wold suggest a post  topic "where are you form ?"

Thanks again to all of you,
Pablo.

P.D. the only advise I can give you ....do ahead!!  :)
Vinqui View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vinqui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/25/2011 at 11:42am
Hi Guys,

I represent Vinqui (VQ), a sports jewelry company currently concentrating on table tennis.  At the moment we have 15 different pieces of table tennis jewelry and we will be adding more very soon.

A number of top table tennis players wear our pendants including: Daniela Dodean, Natalia Partyka, Ma Lin, Chen Weixing and Paul Drinkhall.

If you have any questions regarding our products, please get in touch.  Also, if you have any interesting ideas or suggestions as to how we can promote table tennis and our products, please fire them our way.

For those of you with websites, be sure to check out our Affiliate Programme. The VQ Affiliate Programme allows you to earn 10% commission on any online sales you generate.
THE GAMEr View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote THE GAMEr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/09/2011 at 10:58pm
well I missed this at first, and already posted some...but here goes. I'm from Indiana, USA, and I started somewhere around October 2010. I play cpen, close to the table attacking (don't know if you'd call me a looper or a hitter). And, for a question....what do IMO and EJ mean? and i though i knew TT jargon...
If at first you don't succeed, you're not Chuck Norris.

729 Dynasty Hinoki
FH 729 Cream Transcend
BH 729 super FX
yylik View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yylik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/10/2011 at 1:33am
I am YongYL from Malaysia. I played alot of TT when I was a little boy. For some reasons, I was away from this great game for many years. I started playing again last July and now playing at a local club on every weekends. I enjoy this game very much. Nice to meet all of you here.
Cheers.

takata View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote takata Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/11/2011 at 3:49pm
I am from Malaysia..nice to meet all of you here...Smile
Dave Robson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave Robson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/24/2011 at 10:51am
Hi

Just a quick hello across the pond from Table Tennis Talk - glad to have some debate and input hopefully soon.

Table Tennis Talk can be found online at the following sites:

Lamphttp://www.tabletennistalk.co.uk
Lamphttp://www.tabletennistalk.co.uk/forum/forum.php

Livestream:
Lamphttp://www.tabletennistalk.co.uk/forum/ttt-stream.php

Edited by Dave Robson - 06/24/2011 at 10:53am
www.tabletennistalk.co.uk
Berrywang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Berrywang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/02/2011 at 4:12pm
Hey everyone, glad to see you here.
I'd like to introduce myself. I am a beginning pingpong player. I have been learning this sport since 1 and half year ago. The first reason I play Pingpong was my husband, who is a good player and loves pingpong. He coaches me as a professional coach, so I improved a lot. I usually don't like to memorize the first 1 year that was very tough to me. But the good thing is I never gave up, now Pingpong becomes a part of life. I wish I could play pingpong as long as I can........
Favorite Dealers:
www.PowerPingPong.com
www.colestt.com
magister View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote magister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/29/2011 at 5:46pm
Salvete Omnes! 

I am a new ping pong player from New Orleans.  We had a club open up around 6 months ago, and I have been going ever since.  Being a family man, I do not get but one night of ping pong a week.  I am probably around a 900, though I have never been rated.  I base this on my performance against players rated around 1000.  As far as my style goes, I have fairly wicked serves and fairly weak everything else.    

I have been lurking on the forums for a few months and I thought I should introduce myself before I ask any questions.  So, hello. 

Oh, and I know the outlaw is too fast for me. Wink It was given to me soooooooo I use it. Star  My question in another forum will concern a rubber that feels like Outlaw (it feels so good) but is slower.

Edited by magister - 07/29/2011 at 5:48pm
Butterfly Primorac

FH: Cases Inspirit

BH: Sriver EL 1.9
chicken_brand View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chicken_brand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/05/2011 at 8:57am
hi guys,

new kid in the forum thats me chicken_brand... LOL...
im from malaysia and been playing since 2008 and in the intermediate level...

nice to meet u ols...WinkWink
TBS Xiom Omega IV Pro/Sriver FX

New Toy

Photino Thor's/???
zshark View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zshark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/08/2011 at 10:19am
Hi there,

My name's Zua a.k.a. zshark and i'm from malaysia.
I have been playing for about 4 years.
I'm personally a looper and blocker and mostly play close to the table.
I love TT,it's a pity for me to find this forum untill now and
looking forward to learn a lot from this site.......

Edited by zshark - 09/08/2011 at 10:25am
Current Setup
Stradivarius FL
FH XiOM Vega PRO Max
BH XiOM Vega EUROPE Max
Nichibus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nichibus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/11/2011 at 4:46pm
Hi all, My name is Nicola. I am an Italian tabletennis player.
My Club is "Tennistavolo Senigallia" and I find this forum by Google.
My Coach, Enzo Pettinelli, has written a book about the history of table tennis.
Can I link where everyone can download the eBook for free?
The title is: "Boys look at the Stars - Ping-Pong"
Thanks!
V-Griper View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote V-Griper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/19/2011 at 3:39pm
Hello,
My name is Akbar and I am from the Pittsburgh, PA, area. My local club is South Park TT Club. 
Long in the Pip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Long in the Pip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/20/2011 at 4:06pm
Hey all. First time poster. Someone told me about his forum this past weekend and I thought I would drop in and check it out. I have been playing for a long time and enjoy the people sometimes more than the game. I will be around.
haplesshero13 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haplesshero13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/09/2011 at 2:38pm
Hey everyone!

I play in a small TT club at my college, mostly made up of beginners looking for easy PE credit, but we have a small core team that does travel to meets in Boston playing other colleges from all over New England!

I'm relatively new to TT, but I played "ping pong" in my basement for years, starting at a young age as using JPen, now learning a generic shakehand offensive style for the past 1.5 yrs, hoping to improve and convert to a modern backhand chopper/forehand attacker!

Never played in a ranked match, but played in one inetercollegiate meet, and lost every game but one. Hehe. Lost that match though.

Anyway hopefully I will get better as I play more!

(My equipment is in my sig; as you can see (as of Oct 9 2011) I have not yet made the transition to LP that I hope to do soon...)
Rackets:
"Schneller" YH K-5: Genius 2.0mm / Sinus Sound 2.0mm
"Great Wall" YH U-4 : Focus III Snipe / Feint Long II 0.5mm
robeyamy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robeyamy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/16/2011 at 3:28am
Big smileTo see you
Big smile
L2Pivot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote L2Pivot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/19/2011 at 7:16pm
Hey guys,

A UK-based TT fanatic here who's been playing for a total of about 2+ years. I've been without proper coaching for about half a decade so I do my best by going on YouTube and scouring forums like these for tips. Currently I'm at university and TT takes up whatever time that isn't used for studying LOL

I'm primarily a forehand looper kind of guy; I take inspiration from the likes of Ma Long and Zhang Jike and hopefully one day I can play on the same level as them Wink So as expected, footwork drills are my favourite exercises!

Here's my setup:

Blade: Butterfly Primorac
FH rubber: DHS Skyline 3
BH rubber: Butterfly Sriver FX

I'm looking to replace my backhand rubber - it's absolutely abyssmal as I struggle to get any power at all on my shots. I'll be starting a thread soon about this so if anyone has any insights please look for it and post there.

Nice to finally register! LOL
PingPongPom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PingPongPom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/12/2012 at 10:49am
Hi guys, I'm Matt Hetherington :)

I've been playing quite a while but only really started training properly 3 years ago. I live in New Zealand and played the Oceania Championships in 2010 my first international and the Australian Open in 2011. I was the Chairman of my Regional Table Tennis Board last year and this year I'm Table Tennis Development Officer in another region. ITTF Level 1 Coach and of course I have my blog which I started last year where I have interviewed international players the likes of Samsonov, Baum and Saive etc. 

Really cool to see such a large online table tennis forum and looking forward to taking a look around :)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 10>
  Share Topic