Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Andro Revolution COR2 Supersponge

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
rustyfo View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rustyfo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Andro Revolution COR2 Supersponge
    Posted: 11/07/2007 at 4:15pm
Does anyone have any experience with this rubber? Also how about the normal Andro Revolution COR2. How do these compare to each other, and how do they compare to these two rubbers:

DHS Dipper2
Donic J.O Waldner

I'm currently playing with Dipper2 in forehand, but im in doubt which of the 3 others I should switch to after. Looking for some more speed for mid-distance looping without sacrificing too much of the close to the table spin+control.
Blade: Tibhar Samsonov Alpha

FH: Tenergy 05

BH: Acuda S1
Sponsored Links

T h e N A M View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T  h  e  N  A M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/07/2007 at 7:53pm

i was interested about this ruuber, so i went to ping-pong.com and found out this rubber is tensor 3G... and many of tensor 3g rubbers require speed glue... like omega 3, revolution COR... but revolution quad 480 is also tensor 3g, but it has speed glue effects... if cor2 is like plasma 470 or quad480, andro is going to have three rubbers with 47.5 degrees.... that is interesting....

T h e N A M View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T  h  e  N  A M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/07/2007 at 8:17pm
The new high performance sponge of the C.O.R.2 rubber sheets is approximately 5% more powerful because it is able to transfer the energy into the optimum ball rotation speed when you hit the ball. The result of many tests performed by Jean-Michel Saive, the sponge is a high tech product specially designed for the needs of players who speed glue. C.O.R.2 is the ideal rubber for all players who want to enjoy the great sound of speed glue and do not want to stop speed gluing until the ban goes into effect.

looks like it still needs to be used with speed glue...?

silvalis View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silvalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/07/2007 at 8:23pm
Yes. COR2 still needs glue.

Basically, you've got Plasma 470 (4G non-speedglue Tensor), Quad 480 (3G Tensor little or no glue) and COR/COR2 (3G Speedglue optimised Tensor). The targeted player groups are different, though Plasma 470 is almost a replacement for Quad 480.

Potato Face
theman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/07/2007 at 8:34pm
ive played with dipper1, almost like a euro rubber, very slick surface with almost no tack. Hardness isnt really that hard, its got execellent control. i think dhs is on the ball when it has contorl and not as  much killing speed. i played it on an off- blade btw, did not like on the bh casue it was too slow for my kreanga kills lol. i use 729 transcend sp instead, awesome tackiness for service and good punch kill. dipper u gotta get ur own pace going.

but the best thing about dipper as i said is the control, especially for pushes.

thats my 2 cents.
i lost my racquet

Schlager u beast

http://www.youtube.com/MDSguy

rustyfo View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rustyfo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/08/2007 at 9:42am
forgot to mention that I do use speedglue (butterfly fair chack), so im not looking for a rubber with built-in effect.
Blade: Tibhar Samsonov Alpha

FH: Tenergy 05

BH: Acuda S1
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic