Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

MilkyWay Blades?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
Author
the_champ View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_champ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: MilkyWay Blades?
    Posted: 11/15/2007 at 8:27am
What do you think about MilkyWay blades?
MilkyWay T-8
Earth
Pluto
Sponsored Links

ph0nage View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ph0nage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/15/2007 at 9:35am
K4:  Great blade!  Upper end of OFF- or Lower OFF.  Feels like a solid blade although still soft.  You can get power behind the ball, but still have plenty of control.

T7: Thought it played like a TBS.  Maybe slightly slower 

896: Great for $16. Good for looping and flicking.  I thought that pushing was lousy with it - too easy to pop them up.  but hey... you're spending $16

I like the flared and conic handles on galaxy blades.  I will be sticking with the K4 for a long time.  The quality is great and the price is low compared to other brands.
Galaxy K4
FH: Rapid 2.0
BH: Rapid 1.8 (Tibhar)
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/15/2007 at 9:47am
Galaxy has some blades that are typical chinese quality, and then they have some that are truly the quality of euro-jap brands. However, the ones that are that good are also priced like midway between the typcial chinese and japanese blade of its type.

For instance, my galaxy w6 is as good as any $45 japanese blade, but it's also $30, where the chinese equivilent would be $18.
Wavestone St with Illumina 1.9r, defender1.7b

Please let me know if I can be of assistance.
pongcrazy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pongcrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/15/2007 at 10:22am
I use an Yinhe/Galaxy MC-1 and it is of very good quality IMO.  I actually bought 2 and they were within 3 grams of each other without a special request.  The edges near the neck and handle were routered down at the factory so there is no "sharp" angle to rub your finger on.  This is usually a sign of at least a decent quality blade.  Probably straight OFF, maybe comparable to Primorac carbon or Primo Vitesse in terms of speed.

pongcrazy

tatan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tatan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/16/2007 at 6:21am
any comment about n series?
1)ZJ fl(89 gm) fh T05 red max bh T05 fx black max
2)TBS fl(89 gm) fh T05 black max bh GKI hybrid gx red max
cmugica View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmugica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/16/2007 at 6:48am
N series is bad but cheap.
pingpongrob View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pingpongrob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/16/2007 at 7:03am
Originally posted by cmugica cmugica wrote:

N series is inexpensive, but very good for the price. What do you expect from an inexpensive blade. Its not going to feel like a $100.00 blade.

I bet I could beat nearly everyone in my local club with one.
Distributor for Andro, XIOM, Tibhar, Joola, Dr Neubauer, Donic, DHS, AIR, Dawei, 729 & Yinhe

http://www.affordablett.com.au
gekogark1212 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gekogark1212 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/16/2007 at 8:15am
ACTUALLY...I did just that...lol, I was visiting an old club of mine when one of my past "students" told me to play with his racket that he was getting no feel etc. etc.

I creamed everyone there (they still played to 21 which annoyed my a bit), it was a N9 (whichever the OFF+ one is) and some version of the palio CJ rubbers unglued.
(\__/)

(='.'=) But there's no sense crying over every mistake,

(")_(") You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.
alfie View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alfie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/16/2007 at 8:27am
I just ordered a T4 for a backup blade,they have 4 carbon layers but from what I have read they have more control than the T1 and T2 and slightly slower than both of them.Seems the T4 is not very popular I guess it's the 4 carbon layers that scares people away.
            I am thinking if you find the right rubbers to go with it then it should be fine
Blade Xiom Control 3/ALL+
BH Andro impuls speed
FH H3 Provincial
Tibhar CTE
JKC View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JKC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/16/2007 at 6:37pm
A wise choice alfie, I am sure you will find this a very nice blade. All you need now is some transcend SP stuck to it and before you know it your current bat will become your back-up.
alfie View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alfie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/16/2007 at 7:51pm
Originally posted by Juan King Carlo Juan King Carlo wrote:

A wise choice alfie, I am sure you will find this a very nice blade. All you need now is some transcend SP stuck to it and before you know it your current bat will become your back-up.

LOLLOL I ordered that as well,I like H3 a lot for the FH but would like a bit more bounce and am thinking/hoping the SP transcend will have a more elastic topsheet and maybe a bit more bounce/spring to it
BH Andro impuls speed
FH H3 Provincial
Tibhar CTE
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/16/2007 at 8:58pm
I just got in samples of two new series, the EC-13 and TC-1.  Engineered wood and Thin carbon.  I like the TC-1.  It's kind of a poor man's w1.  Same, nice outer ply.  Minus the weird stuff down by the handle, plus the carbon is a bit more prominent.  The EC was cheaper and indeed I didn't like it as much.  More flexible and with a lower tone.  Good for looping though as carbon blades go.  Both are for sale at around 25% off list, since I've sampled them for a few minutes each.

ph0nage View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ph0nage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/16/2007 at 9:15pm
what's the price and weight on the tc1 ? 
Galaxy K4
FH: Rapid 2.0
BH: Rapid 1.8 (Tibhar)
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/16/2007 at 10:24pm
86g.   Retails for 36.  I'll sell for 27

The ec13 retails for 29. sell for 22

cmugica View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmugica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/17/2007 at 6:30am
TC1 is a very nice flexible carbon off blade.

Originally posted by pingpongrob pingpongrob wrote:

N series is inexpensive, but very good for the price. What do you expect from an inexpensive blade. Its not going to feel like a $100.00 blade.

I can beat nearly everyone in my local club without rubbers on my blade. Does it mean something??????
gekogark1212 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gekogark1212 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/17/2007 at 7:34am
It means the people in your club are far better off playing another sport, say tennis lol, jokes mate
(\__/)

(='.'=) But there's no sense crying over every mistake,

(")_(") You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pingpongrob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/17/2007 at 8:04am

TC1 is a very nice flexible carbon off blade.

I can beat nearly everyone in my local club without rubbers on my blade. Does it mean something??????

It means your talking Sh*t, or they cant play for Sh*t
Distributor for Andro, XIOM, Tibhar, Joola, Dr Neubauer, Donic, DHS, AIR, Dawei, 729 & Yinhe

JKC View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JKC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/17/2007 at 10:57am
Back many years ago when I had been playing only a couple of years, I could beat most people at a local youth club with a cassette case. I can't remember which artist was on the cassette though.
cmugica View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmugica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/17/2007 at 2:48pm

I guess that you sell the N series, it's the only way I can understand what you say.
Anyone knows that you can buy an Instinct for less than 9 $ and it's way better than any of the N series blade.
donar View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote donar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/17/2007 at 8:10pm
Hey cmugica, are you from france?

I don't think that what you say is common knowlege. This is the first time that I've heard it, anyway.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pingpongrob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/17/2007 at 11:45pm

I guess that you sell the N series, it's the only way I can understand what you say.
Anyone knows that you can buy an Instinct for less than 9 $ and it's way better than any of the N series blade.

Yes I do sell the N- series, and I stand by my comment that its not sh*t. You say the instinct is way better than an N series, and you can buy it for less than $9.00, Well good on you. Thats your opinion, and I'm entitled to mine. I didn't say that I would prefer to use it, (my preference is a $120.00 Andro carbo/aramid). All I said thats its good for its price. NOT BAD.

BTW, I would prefer to play N- series than Instinct.

cmugica View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmugica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/18/2007 at 12:50pm
Originally posted by donar donar wrote:

I don't think that what you say is common knowlege. This is the first time that I've heard it, anyway.

I'm from Spain. Look the prices at www.eacheng.net

To Rob: Think about what you have written.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pingpongrob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/18/2007 at 2:41pm

Originally posted by donar donar wrote:

To Rob: Think about what you have written.

Yeah, I have thought about what I have written,  And its correct. The N series is a good Cheap Blade. Not BAD

tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/18/2007 at 2:49pm
I used the Galaxy/Yinhe MC-1 for a long time and LOVED IT!! Great look, feel, speed, and quality for the price!!!
For More Info, PM or Email me: [email protected]
JKC View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JKC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/18/2007 at 6:02pm

I would probably agree that eacheng is about the cheapest out there. The problem is I have had stuff take between 3-5 weeks to arrive from China and I am currently waiting for a blade and 4 rubbers which have been 4 weeks. I have had stuff come from Rob in Australia in one week. So if you need your stuff quick I would stay away from eacheng and try elsewhere or at least try one of the more expensive postage options on the site.
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/18/2007 at 7:01pm
I have used a Galaxy N-2 all wood and it worked just fine. OFF - speed, good control, balance, feel, and loops good. Decent Allround Offensive blade for the money - very little money.
Korea Foreign Table Tennis Club
Search for us on Facebook: koreaforeignttc
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/19/2007 at 8:08am
I tried a couple of the N blades and preferred to stick with the 896 in that price range.  I also tried the M and didn't like it as much are rob seems to.  All my samples were around 92g.  Again, I have plenty of other blades in that price range that I prefer.

cmugica View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmugica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/19/2007 at 9:22am

[
I would probably agree that eacheng is about the cheapest out there. The problem is I have had stuff take between 3-5 weeks to arrive from China and I am currently waiting for a blade and 4 rubbers which have been 4 weeks. I have had stuff come from Rob in Australia in one week. So if you need your stuff quick I would stay away from eacheng and try elsewhere or at least try one of the more expensive postage options on the site.

When I buy from eacheng I buy about 400$ and I don't use the cheapest postage. I receive the stuff in about a week, which is quite nice.

To Cole: I also prefer the 896 to the n series. You know about the staff you sell.
alfie View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alfie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/19/2007 at 9:28am

[

When I buy from eacheng I buy about 400$ and I don't use the cheapest postage. I receive the stuff in about a week, which is quite nice.

To Cole: I also prefer the 896 to the n series. You know about the staff you sell.

There is a market for everything and Rob or Cole would be stupid if they only stocked blades that they liked because what one persons favourite blade is another person's nightmare.
        I personally think the 896 is horrible in the short game and very slow but hey were all different
BH Andro impuls speed
FH H3 Provincial
Tibhar CTE
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/19/2007 at 9:56am
896 is better for people who prefer a control loop or flip to pushing most of the time. You're right it does tend to pop up pushes, which I'm sure is what you're referring to.

I dont' only stock the kinds of blades that I use, of course. But I do try to pick the best blade within a given niche of playing characteristics and price. There are so many blades out there, you just can't carry them all.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
  Share Topic