FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Pictures Of Your GRIP!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pictures Of Your GRIP!
    Posted: 01/05/2008 at 2:48pm
I have returned to my natural grip . . . the one that I taught myself when I was 10-years old . . . a modified Seemiller Grip. It's obvious I can block with this blade position, but I can also chop, flip, smash, and starting to loop drive. BTW . . . I have absolutely NO crossover point and two backhands. :-). There are a couple weaknesses, but I'm not telling.

20080105_144842_Tommy_Zai_Grip_.gif

20080105_144900_Tommy_Zai_Grip_.gif

What does your grip look like?
For More Info, PM or Email me: [email protected]
Sponsored Links

gene View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gene Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/05/2008 at 2:52pm

regular shake hand grip.

for cpen, when serving, back 3 fingers curve up, when hit, back 3 fingers goes out, almost straight, but not quite.

gene View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gene Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/05/2008 at 2:54pm
how much power can you generate with your grip? i can't quite hold the blade tight enough.
dalamchops View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dalamchops Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/05/2008 at 2:59pm
how do you push chop on the backhand side
Stiga Titanium 5.4 Cpen
Andro Hexer Pips 2.1
Donic Acuda S2 Max
holda View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote holda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/05/2008 at 3:04pm
"I have returned to my natural grip . . .. There are a couple weaknesses, but I'm not telling. :Big%20smile
come on ,tommy,be fair...what are they?
i will try the grip,what the hell..may be i can surpise somebody noxious by winning a game or 2Big%20smile

tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/05/2008 at 3:10pm
Best of luck!!
It works for me.
unisonus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unisonus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/05/2008 at 3:55pm
The seemiller backhand is very annoying. It's hard to tell where the player is going to send the ball. 
tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/05/2008 at 4:03pm
Unisonus . . . :-).
T2Russo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T2Russo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/05/2008 at 4:06pm
Seemiller players that I know tend to be varitable human walls... its quite fun actually, as its like playing against a playback wall. �Except you can make this one run around, and it can occasionally smash back.
JPen Jockey:
Nittaku Rorin 10.5mm (Andro Plasma 470 2.0mm)
Yasaka Musashi 9mm (Friendship Focus III)
everest81 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote everest81 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/05/2008 at 4:32pm
Member of Single ply Hinoki club
Kokutaku Cho-Super Cho Tokusen + Tenergy Max
Collecting dust: Nittaku Cho tokusen 9mm, kokutaku cho tokusen 9mm, darker 90 10mm, ryno custom poc blade 10.2mm
tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/05/2008 at 4:40pm
Everest,
Cool jcpen grip. What do you do with your back fingers?
Do you like the Cho=Tokusen better than the Darker 90?

everest81 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote everest81 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/05/2008 at 4:54pm
Originally posted by tommyzai tommyzai wrote:

Everest,
Cool jcpen grip. What do you do with your back fingers?
Do you like the Cho=Tokusen better than the Darker 90?

Normally, my middle two fingers stay together and straight in forehand, but when i have to do backhand i tend to curl them for more flexibility in my wrist. I haven't tried Darker 90 yet, but I like my cho tokusen pretty good so far. Smile
Member of Single ply Hinoki club
Kokutaku Cho-Super Cho Tokusen + Tenergy Max
Collecting dust: Nittaku Cho tokusen 9mm, kokutaku cho tokusen 9mm, darker 90 10mm, ryno custom poc blade 10.2mm
ttexpert View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttexpert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/05/2008 at 4:55pm
How u can play with that kind of grip tommyzai?
Michael Maze OFF (AN)
Bryce FX 2.1 on both sides
Ovtcahrov and Mizutani are the best young players in the world
Timo Boll rules
tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/05/2008 at 5:05pm
Originally posted by ttexpert ttexpert wrote:

How u can play with that kind of grip tommyzai?

Please ask a specific question and I'll be happy to answer. I'm not sure if you're looking for a description of my technique and strategy or asking how is it possible?
:-).
PingPangQiu View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PingPangQiu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/05/2008 at 5:51pm
Is it just me or eacheng is a bit fishy
ttexpert View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttexpert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/05/2008 at 6:42pm
I don't know how is possible to play with that grip. I have never seen that kind of grip. Thum (first finger from left side, on right hand) should be on fh side!!!Thumbs%20Up
Michael Maze OFF (AN)
Bryce FX 2.1 on both sides
Ovtcahrov and Mizutani are the best young players in the world
Timo Boll rules
BAND!T View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BAND!T Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/05/2008 at 7:00pm
its not actuall held with the pointer finger on a trigger. the pressure comes more from the thumb and pointer onto the blade instead of the tophandle. its ther to keep the blade itself stable via the thumb.^-^
Gave up on V-Grip, SH smoother
Nittaku Noveliar [9 plies of powerthirst infused layers]
FH: BLACK Xiom Omega II Asian
BH: RED Stiga Boost TC
tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/05/2008 at 7:02pm
With regards to my grip . . . it works for me. I hit hard and accurate shots from anywhere I can reach, especially right at me. I've seen some little kids use this modified grip, but I'm the only adult. Well, I don't mind being childlike as long as I keep scoring big people points. . I'm not saying I have the best grip, but it seems best for me. I also think players living in Canada or USA needs to try something new because we are NOT competitive globally. Last time I was in China I had a crowd of over 50 around my table as I played. I tried not to ignore them and focus on the game, but it was clear they were fascinated by my grip and style. After I spanked one of their friends I noticed players around the club trying it and shaking their heads, as to say, "How the FXCK can he play this way?" Find what works for you and ignore what everyone else says to do . . . that's been my motto. The difficult thing is to find a coach that will roll with what I got. Every time I get a coach sooner or later they say, "Have you thought of changing your grip?" That's usually the end of the marriage. LOL weeooo!
tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/05/2008 at 8:01pm
hhca View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hhca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/05/2008 at 8:12pm
I can see this grip is good at blocking. But at a higher level (internationally), blocking isn't going to get you anywhere. So until somebody suceeds (say top 20) at international level, this grip can only be considered a niche grip for amature players
tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/05/2008 at 8:20pm
I don't only block and HOOKSHOT hits as hard as anyone I've seen. But, you make a good point . . . a players needs a great KILL shot of some kind to win at a higher level. That was one of my attractions to cpen, but I'm confident I can take some cpen technique and tactic and apply it to s-miller. I'll give it a go!
tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/05/2008 at 8:21pm
:-). Hey, I have over 2500 posts. I don't know whether to celebrate or jump off a bridge!
Hookshot View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hookshot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/05/2008 at 8:28pm
Hi,,,
     Seemiller got to # 17 world I think.  There is just not enough people using it.
     I play an aggressive game and  players  rated 2000 to 2400 are always telling me I "hit Hard". 
     I can loop drive just as hard from backhand as forhand.
     T2,,,I don't hit back occasionally, I hit almost everything. I stay at the table even when someone loops hard. Easy to block even hard shots with no crossover.
     I do well up to 1700 to 1900 level. I am hopeing after I come back from China, I can break the 2000 level.
     I am 64 years old and soon will be able to play in the 65 to 69 group at the Senior Nationals.
     I hear all the time about the week spots of the grip. Untill they play me. Alot of the Seemillers out there are basement players that don't understand how to use it. This grip is like having a 3 sided blade. I use various antis and pips on the backside. On backhand, I can use either side without twiddling. I can twiddle on the forhand to mix it up.
     (Seemiller) is still rated about 2500)Smile
holda View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote holda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/05/2008 at 8:32pm
Originally posted by tommyzai tommyzai wrote:

Posted on behalf of HOOKSHOT!!

20080105_200356_Hookshot-Front.gif

20080105_200453_Hookshot-Back.gif

some' happended here!
 either the racket is  too small or the hand is too big.should have a custom build!
tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/05/2008 at 8:38pm
Maybe HOOKSHOT is really really big with long arms that can reach from one side of the table to the other without moving his legs!! He's a freakin' superhero so watch what you say.
hhca View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hhca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/05/2008 at 9:09pm

Seemiller's #17 is old school tt #17. Even the later chinese traditional fast smashing pips out style which once ruled the world has died at top level. Modern tt is simply dominated by shake hand and to a lesser degree pen grip with pips in rubber, loop drive offsensive style. 

tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/05/2008 at 9:15pm
It's time for a revolution.
I don't want to seem defensive or attacking anyone's style of play, but the stand back from the table loop drive to counter loop drive Euro style. although still effective, has become boring. When I see players reach down below the table to crank up the topspin I yawn.    . When you watch that video on YouTube with the Euro driver and Asian chopper, who is most impressive? The chopper, even though he lost the point. Now, if there was some fast attack variety going on instead of loop drive after loop drive I'd be rooting for that guy to blow the defender off the table. It's time for a revolution baby!!!! What do we, in North America, have to lose. Worldwide we STINK! It's time to take a stand and try something new. Dare to be different!!!
hhca View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hhca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/05/2008 at 9:19pm

Seemiller's #17 is old school tt #17. Even the later chinese traditional fast smashing pips out style which once ruled the world has died at top level. Modern tt is simply dominated by shake hand and to a lesser degree pen grip with pips in rubber, loop drive offsensive style. 

tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/05/2008 at 9:21pm
Time for a change Bro. The direction we're going is not working for Americans.
kenneyy88 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenneyy88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/05/2008 at 9:24pm
I play a standard shakehand and sometimes various penhold grips depending how much my fingers hurt or if I want a different angle.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic